Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I wore today and a complaint about slim pants. These are LE tailored fit and they pull quite a bit. I am 6' 180lbs and tailored pants don't work. My best fitting pants are some slightly wider modern fit pants from BR Factory. Think I may try out LE traditional fit next time...

Jacket and Shirt: Boss Black
    Tie and Pants: LE
    Shoes: Carmina

Comment

I've run in to that issue with some of the recent tailored or slim offerings from Lands End. I've found its much easier to get the traditional fit tapered as I prefer a smaller leg opening than they come with.

Comment

What do you mean by "pull"? I've had mixed results with the LE tailored fit pants.

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        What I wore today and a complaint about slim pants. These are LE tailored fit and they pull quite a bit. I am 6' 180lbs and tailored pants don't work. My best fitting pants are some slightly wider modern fit pants from BR Factory. Think I may try out LE traditional fit next time...

Jacket and Shirt: Boss Black
        Tie and Pants: LE
        Shoes: Carmina

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
          What do you mean by "pull"? I've had mixed results with the LE tailored fit pants.
          My inner right thigh has some pull to the fabric...which means something or other but it only happens on my pants with a slightly tighter thigh. Otherwise the fit is pretty good except my photographer (wife) was complaining about the 20* temps.

Comment

First Time posting on WIWT, basic outfit, but I was really pleased with it anyway.
            Also it was pretty warm out today so the cotton blazer worked perfectly instead of my usual overcoat or chunky cardigan.

http://imgur.com/a/siUv5

Shoes: AE Mora 2
            Shirt- Frank and Oak Tattersal (self tailored)
            Pants: BR Factory Tailored Wool Trousers
            Blazer: Merona Tailored Blazer
            Tie: TTB Navy Wool tie
            Tie bar: one of those sketch Asian sellers on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Useknifeonly View Post
              First Time posting on WIWT, basic outfit, but I was really pleased with it anyway.
              Also it was pretty warm out today so the cotton blazer worked perfectly instead of my usual overcoat or chunky cardigan.

Nice overall but I don't like the length or shape of that blazer at all, though now I see it's the Merona and understand why. I think it's too casual for your look which is otherwise good. Really like the fabric of those pants by the way but they seem a bit tight and short on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Useknifeonly View Post

Nice work. Really like the different textures.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  Nice overall but I don't like the length or shape of that blazer at all, though now I see it's the Merona and understand why. I think it's too casual for your look which is otherwise good. Really like the fabric of those pants by the way but they seem a bit tight and short on you.
                  yeah the blazer is a bit casual, the pants the slimness is by design (i prefer it like that) I just havent got to letting out the hem on the pants about a half inch.

Comment

Although I don't love the blazer, the textural contrast is great. Pants look a bit short to my eye, too, but I guess that's just the trend. Overall, I think it comes together really nicely.

Comment

-Uniqlo wool/cashmere blend navy blazer
                      -CT shirt diamond weave
                      -Citizen ECO Drive (don't know model name, just plain black face)
                      -Kenneth Cole New York brown slacks
                      -Florsheim double monk straps

Comment

Jacket: Wilson's Leather
                        Sweater: J Crew
                        Shirt: Twillory
                        Tie: Friday Tie Day
                        Chinos: J Crew
                        Shoes: Jay Butler penny loafer

Comment

I haven't played in a while... Trying out a new LBM 1911 sportcoat I picked up:

Tough to capture the colors in the artificial lighting, but here's the deets:

Jacket: LBM 1911 camel, cashmere/poly
                          Shirt: CT light blue
                          Tie: Alan Flusser navy green tan, wool/silk
                          Pants: JCrew Bowery navy, flannel
                          Shoes: Lands End Fulton loafer
                          PS: TTB navy tipped

I'll probably ditch the LBM lapel pin, but left it on for its inaugural outing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post

I like it. Especially the tie and the jacket. I would like it more sans the lapel pin

I wore my fultons today too. Great cheap loafer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post

I agree with [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] pretty much all the way around. LBM 1911 jackets are kind of amazing - which sucks because they aren't cheap. I wish they were nothing but hype! And that tie looks awesome - like it has a great texture.

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION] - I was considering that very jacket earlier today. Thoughts on the blend? [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] - Yoox man. A lot of them were in the mid-high 180s and low 200s w/ 15% off this January/now!

Also, wow, posts by Jamie and Shomas recently. Y'all are guilting me into sharing.
                                Today:

Lands End x2, JCrew, Hertling, Allen Edmonds
                                thought a tie would have been too much with this outfit.

Recent:

Stafford!, Uniqlo, Tellason, Allen Edmonds

I'm really starting to like this look on casual days.

Comment

Working...
                                X