Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Pitt: I was down at NR the other day and saw those shoes you're looking at. They also had some TBNY cap toes that look very similar to Strands for about $200, but I figure I can hold out for the real deal. BTW, those are some crazy socks!

Comment

@Pitt - Yea I've seen those TBNY shoes at the rack as well. They look very nice and would be a great alternative to Allen Edmonds if you prefer the more "european" lasts of shoe

Comment

WIWT

This was from two days ago when the weather was 50 degrees and 20 mph winds. So I busted out the tweed uppers and lowers to stay warm.

Jacket: BarIII 2 button grey tweed sportscoat

Pants: Gap Tweed Trousers

Shirt: Express black gingham

Tie: POS Kenneth Cole Reaction tie. (seriously the worst tie I've ever owned, its so damn cheap. Only wore it because it needed one last action b4 it goes in the yard sale or donation pile, just to confirm my decision)

Shoes: Black Cap Toes

socks: Argyle Purple & Black

PS: white hanky.

Jacket & Pants are certainly of different brands and by golly, they are an exact match in material density, as well as color (indoor & outdoor). First time I've worn it as a suit, but hell it looked great.

Pics # 33-34

https://picasaweb.google.com/1048294...00316849404242

Comment

@Alan haha yeah I ordered a few loud pairs from happysocks, I kinda like how they're so loud

@Acoustic I agree, the NR I went to actually had AE Strands and the TBNY shoes so I got to try on both but I think I actually liked the way the TBNY shoes felt a little better but they're both great shoes for sure

@Tat ha that tie doesn't look bad at all from that picture, thats a nice look though...how does the express gingham fit?

Comment

@Tat I really like the tie/shirt combo. Well done.

Comment

The Slim Fit of the shirt is bigger fitting than a 1mx, and the sleeves are pretty long for me. But I wear a jacket all the time at work, so on some shirts I don't bother to shorten sleeves since they are work horse shirts.

FYI I never buy express shirts at full prices because I don't see them lasting more than a year, especially if I wear it once a week. THey usually go on sale or clearance between 15-20 bucks. Although I'm getting to the point where I have enough shirts in rotation to possibly warrant more life out of each.

Ty for the compliments.

Comment

Casual Friday... woo! It's also 52° and sunny so I'm pretending it's spring.

Polo: Target

Chinos: LEC

Belt: Nantucket via STP

Watch: Seiko Black Monster

Shoes: Johnston & Murphy Brennan wingtip

Ben

Comment

Nice relaxing day today

Merona Blazer

Random Brown Tie

Jcrew Shirt

David Donahue Tie Bar

Merona Pocket Square

LEC jeans

AE Mora double monk strap

Comment

@BenR: It's 50 degrees, the sun just came out, and I'm wearing four layers!

Comment

@ Alan - It warmed up to 60... just got into shorts, sandals, and t-shirt so I can wash my car. B-)

@ Foodie - I'm digging that tie/shirt/jacket combo. Very good casual-plus look.

Ben

Comment

@Foodie - Killer! Best combo yet!

Comment

I would agree save for the socks that are either black or so navy they look black, and the cheapo merona blazer. A better quality khaki blazer would go great here.

Comment

@Jordan - Why you gotta be like that?

Comment

@Jordan - Give it a rest. First with me, now with him. We know where you stand on the Merona blazer.

Comment

No joke, sounds like you'd be a blast at parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X