• Show
Clear All

1970's US Navy issue Peacoat
    JCrew lambswool ribbed watchcap
    handmade scarf
    GAP sweater
    BR flannel
    Orient watch
    BR chinos (tapered from the knee down by yours truly! first time tailoring)
    Chippewa Service Boots

Comment

^^^Cool outfit!

Now it's my turn:

LL Bean Shetland sweater
      Lands End button-down
      Levi's 505
      Dickies belt (not visible)
      Wigwam hiking socks
      vintage LL Bean bluchers (made in USA)

Comment

My first time doing this:

Express extra slim fit shirt
        Banana Republic Merino wool v-neck
        Express tie
        Banana Republic wool slacks
        Florsheim Imperial Classico monk straps

Comment

Originally posted by BikeandBrew View Post
          My first time doing this:

Express extra slim fit shirt
          Banana Republic Merino wool v-neck
          Express tie
          Banana Republic wool slacks
          Florsheim Imperial Classico monk straps
          Nice monkstraps!

Comment

Casual Friday... LEC ODBC, J.Crew fleece jacket, Levi's jeans, L.L.Bean boots.
            Ben

Comment

I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm feeling sharp today:

Suit: J Press
              Shirt: Ledbury
              Shoes: Alden
              Tie: Kent Wang
              Tie bar: The Tie Bar
              Pocket square: The Tie Bar

Comment

Great look, Shomas. Which Aldens are those? And is that just color no. 8?

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                  Great look, Shomas. Which Aldens are those? And is that just color no. 8?
                  Thanks! They're Halleck boots from Unionmade - and yes, they're color 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm feeling sharp today:

Suit: J Press
                    Shirt: Ledbury
                    Shoes: Alden
                    Tie: Kent Wang
                    Tie bar: The Tie Bar
                    Pocket square: The Tie Bar
                    I wonder with the people that think American shoes are too clunky and like the sleek Euro shoes if they only have either shoes in their closet.

Shomas, you've turned into a halfway house for Aldens this past year, do you feel the need for the sleeker Euros?

I only have the "clunkier" Americans and the sleekest shoes I have are Park Aves.

EDIT: I take that back. I ebayed a brown pair of some Italian cap toes. Definitely pointier and sleeker and I only feel comfortable wearing it with a nice suit to a wedding.
                    Last edited by ninpb; January 30, 2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                      I wonder with the people that think American shoes are too clunky and like the sleek Euro shoes if they only have either shoes in their closet.

Shomas, you've turned into a halfway house for Aldens this past year, do you feel the need for the sleeker Euros?

I only have the "clunkier" Americans and the sleekest shoes I have are Park Aves.

EDIT: I take that back. I ebayed a brown pair of some Italian cap toes. Definitely pointier and sleeker and I only feel comfortable wearing it with a nice suit to a wedding.
                      Yeah, it's gotten a little out of hand with the Aldens. I need to stop looking at the Styleforum Alden thread. I don't really have more European-shaped shoes. I have a couple of pairs of Grensons, but they actually aren't all that "sleek" and I actually don't wear them much anyway. Dating back to when I wore Doc Martens in high school, I've always preferred more substantial footwear shapes. It's pretty consistent, actually, now that I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        Yeah, it's gotten a little out of hand with the Aldens. I need to stop looking at the Styleforum Alden thread.
                        That thread can be a very dangerous thing...but damn those are some good looking shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by geauxtigers View Post
                          That thread can be a very dangerous thing...but damn those are some good looking shoes!
                          Indeed. Thanks!

Comment

Casual Friday. As usual, colors on my phone are a bit off. Pants almost look green, and they're very much gray.

BR printed chambray blazer
                            Luxire shirt
                            Bonobos Weekday Warriors "Friday gray"
                            Varatos boots
                            BR belt

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                              Casual Friday. As usual, colors on my phone are a bit off. Pants almost look green, and they're very much gray.

BR printed chambray blazer
                              Luxire shirt
                              Bonobos Weekday Warriors "Friday gray"
                              Varatos boots
                              BR belt
                              What are the Luxire shirts like? I follow a menswear blogger who seems to swear by them so I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by madmanSCDP View Post
                                What are the Luxire shirts like? I follow a menswear blogger who seems to swear by them so I'm curious.
                                Once your fit is nailed down, they're great. You can make a shirt with exactly the details you want, so there's no "if only the sleeves were a little longer" or "I wish the collar was a bit bigger". So there is obviously a lot up to you to make it a great shirt. I have pretty much everything perfect on my third shirt, which is that white one and now my favorite dress shirt. Construction is excellent, and there is a wide range of prices and quality for fabrics, I've spent an average of about 70 bucks. The first two, one dress shirt, one a shorter casual oxford cloth, are plenty wearable, just not "perfect". I had to figure out my collar construction preferences, and realized that I had too much taper in the waist. As lower priced fabrics the sky blue oxford and lustrous fine white are excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X