Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's getup could also be described as "a study in things I like so much that I own two (or more) of them."

J.Crew denim shirt
    LLB Norwegian sweater (In charcoal and white - also own the navy, red, and white version.)
    LLB Signature shirt-jacket (Also own the orange plaid version.)
    JCF cords (Own two more pairs, including one in the same color.)
    Kenetrek zip-up pac boots (Purchased to rotate with my sherpa-lined zip-up Bean boots, which are stupidly comfortable and convenient but unfortunately out of production this season. The Bean boots are a bit lighter and therefore more comfortable, but the quilted wool/Thinsulate lining of the Kenetreks has less tendency to try to pull itself inside out when I take them off, and the Kenetreks even have a useful little rubber "spur" nub at the back that makes them super easy to "kick off.")
    Hamilton watch
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; December 23, 2014, 07:18 PM.
    Ben

Comment

Really like the fit of that shirt jacket Ben. Also, are those JCF cords from this season?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Love, love, love the layering!

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
          Really like the fit of that shirt jacket Ben. Also, are those JCF cords from this season?
          Thanks. Yes, the cords are current-season, but it looks like they are sold out of this particular color (almond? something?) in the particular fit (Sutton aka urban slim) I got. I think I got these back in September.
          Ben

Comment

Ben,

How do you like the fit of the LL Bean Norweigian sweater? Are they a size small? I'm thinking of ordering the navy Norwegian Heritage sweater but I'm afraid that the fit will be too big (for reference, I'm 6', 140 lbs). This year I tried an LL Bean flannel shirt in small and it was huge on me.

Mike B

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B View Post
              Ben,

How do you like the fit of the LL Bean Norweigian sweater? Are they a size small? I'm thinking of ordering the navy Norwegian Heritage sweater but I'm afraid that the fit will be too big (for reference, I'm 6', 140 lbs). This year I tried an LL Bean flannel shirt in small and it was huge on me.

Mike B
              They are definitely not very fitted. They are bigger than, say, my Woolovers sweaters. I've just been wearing mine as-is (a little too big) and plan on experimenting with very carefully shrinking them just a tiny bit in the dryer. Maybe a no-go for you due to your height and the danger of lengthwise shrinking.
              Ben

Comment

Thanks for the reply BenR, I love the style of the LL Bean Norweigian but the fit would probably not work for me.

For any tall, thin guys out there, my go to sweater is the J Crew slim lambswool sweater. It fits great, the material is nice and it doesn't really pill. I bought three at the beginning of the season and wear them everyday.

Comment

Wore this the other day. Thinking I need to get a couple brown and green ties.

Shirt: BB
                  Tie: Bruce Field
                  Jacket: Hickey Freeman

Comment

I know I look like a lumberjack today; go ahead and sing the Monty Python Lumberjack Song; I don't mind! ;-) :-P

Lands End flannel shirt (one of several shirts I got for Christmas)
                    Levi's 505 jeans
                    Dickies belt (recently started having to cinch it tighter -- can't wait until I can discard it altogether and get a smaller belt!)
                    Woolrich socks
                    Red Wing Heritage boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mercer View Post

After Mass:

Jos. A. Bank blazer
                      PRL OCBD
                      Levi's 505
                      Dickies belt (it's reversible -- black on one side, brown on the other; that's why it's the one I'm always wearing ... also, since I'm losing weight I wanted a cheap belt so that once I'm down a pants size I will not have wasted money on a belt I won't be wearing much longer)
                      Lucchese Classics full quill cowboy boots
                      Not pictured: Dan Post Cowboy Certified socks
                      Boots look great man.

Comment

Originally posted by BestGuyHere View Post
                        Boots look great man.
                        Hey, thanks, dude!

The following outfit is from yesterday, when it was rainy.

LL Bean cotton-cashmere v-neck
                        Vineyard Vines button-down
                        Levi's 505s
                        Dickies belt
                        J. Crew camp socks
                        8" Bean Boots

Comment

LLB Norwegian crewneck Heritage sweater (Christmas present)
                          J. Crew Secret Wash button-down
                          Levi's 505
                          Chippewa Arroyo work cowboy boots***

Not visible:
                          Dickies belt
                          olive green Georgia Boot work socks

***Hey Alan, you have the same boots, I believe!

Comment

Nothing crazy, just felt like sharing :-D

Ralph Lauren quilted vest
                            Urban Outfitters peacoat
                            Express shirt

Comment

^ Looks sharp! I especially like that quilted vest from RL.

Comment

Thanks! GQ did a piece on the versatility of the QV some time ago and I've wanted one ever since. They're surprisingly expensive, but I was about to pick that one up for only 60 bucks. It looks good under a jacket or blazer, and can be worn over a sweater or henley during warmer weather. All in all a recommended buy!

Comment

Working...
                                X