This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross posted from the challenge thread.

Today is my step-sister's wedding, but it's pretty much Christmas themed. And no, my cuffs aren't that huge. I just pulled them down to show the red knot cufflinks. The shoe pic doesn't do them justice, but it's as good as I'm going to get because I'm in a hurry to drive the 3-4 hour to get to College Station, TX for the wedding. They're some of my favorites, though.

Suit: Oxxford Clothes
    Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke Gold Label
    Bow tie: ???
    Shoes: AE
    Belt: Daniel Cremieux

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
      Cross posted from the challenge thread.

Today is my step-sister's wedding, but it's pretty much Christmas themed. And no, my cuffs aren't that huge. I just pulled them down to show the red knot cufflinks. The shoe pic doesn't do them justice, but it's as good as I'm going to get because I'm in a hurry to drive the 3-4 hour to get to College Station, TX for the wedding. They're some of my favorites, though.

Suit: Oxxford Clothes
      Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke Gold Label
      Bow tie: ???
      Shoes: AE
      Belt: Daniel Cremieux

I was at a wedding in College Station this weekend too. My cousin got married. Were you at the Zoch wedding?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
        I was at a wedding in College Station this weekend too. My cousin got married. Were you at the Zoch wedding?
        Pretty sure I wasn't. It was held at my dad's house, and it was a small affair. They forgot that this past weekend was graduation weekend and it was difficult for guests to find hotels.

Comment

Caught in the wild by my lovely wife. We were off of a section of the Pacific Crest trail in search of snow with the kiddos and pups. Didn't find much, but it was a beautiful day!

And getting ready to battle the Sasquatch (that we didn't find)

Hat: Random pick from Fred Meyer
          Sweater: Old Navy
          Under the sweater: JCF slim washed long sleeve
          Vest: JCF Walker
          Jeans: People v. West selvedge
          Socks: JCF camp socks
          Boots: cheap tactical style, Brahma, I think?
          Gloves: Merona

Was fantastically warm the whole time! This was over the ridge we climbed:

Comment

Blazer: J Crew
            Oxford Shirt: Proper Cloth
            Chinos: J Crew
            Boots: Eastland
            Watch: Michael Kors Jetmaster Automatic- Decided to give it a try and like it a lot so far

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
              Caught in the wild by my lovely wife. We were off of a section of the Pacific Crest trail in search of snow with the kiddos and pups. Didn't find much, but it was a beautiful day!

And getting ready to battle the Sasquatch (that we didn't find)

Hat: Random pick from Fred Meyer
              Sweater: Old Navy
              Under the sweater: JCF slim washed long sleeve
              Vest: JCF Walker
              Jeans: People v. West selvedge
              Socks: JCF camp socks
              Boots: cheap tactical style, Brahma, I think?
              Gloves: Merona

Was fantastically warm the whole time! This was over the ridge we climbed:
              Not removing pics because this is beautiful. Also, great look. Practical too. [MENTION=13097]WildMan[/MENTION]: Bottom is too casual for the top, I'd wear trousers with a crease or perhaps simply a fuller leg for a more balanced look, and dressier shoes. Jacket fits you really well though!!

Comment

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION]

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. It's a pretty laid back office so I was trying to keep it a little more on the casual side (sounds like too much so).

Comment

Another outfit post -- after Sunday Mass. I don't normally wear jeans to church, but since my khakis have seen better days (and since I only usually wear suits for special occasions), I tried to dress them up a bit with blazer and boots. I'm not going out to buy new khakis right off the bat because I'm losing weight and hope to be down a pants size soon. Why waste money on something that you know will be too big for you in another month or so? I know some of you might not approve of the blazer (which is navy, BTW) with jeans, and others might not like the boots (sorry, I own some nice dress shoes, but I don't like the look of dress shoes with jeans -- never have).

Better view of shirt:

Jos. A. Bank blazer
                  LL Bean Shetland
                  Land's End OCBD
                  Levi's 505s
                  Dickies belt
                  Lucchese boots
                  Not pictured: white Dan Post Cowboy Certified socks (one of the few times you can get away with wearing white socks outside of the gym)
                  Last edited by Mercer; December 15, 2014, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercer View Post
                    Another outfit post -- after Sunday Mass. I don't normally wear jeans to church, but since my khakis have seen better days (and since I only usually wear suits for special occasions), I tried to dress them up a bit with blazer and boots. I'm not going out to buy new khakis right off the bat because I'm losing weight and hope to be down a pants size soon. Why waste money on something that you know will be too big for you in another month or so? I know some of you might not approve of the blazer (which is navy, BTW) with jeans, and others might not like the boots (sorry, I own some nice dress shoes, but I don't like the look of dress shoes with jeans -- never have).

Jos. A. Bank blazer
                    LL Bean Shetland
                    Land's End OCBD
                    Levi's 505s
                    Dickies belt
                    Lucchese boots
                    Not pictured: white Dan Post Cowboy Certified socks (one of the few times you can get away with wearing white socks outside of the gym)
                    I'm generally fine with navy jackets and jeans, but that particular blazer is pretty formal with the metal buttons. Otherwise, I really like the cowboy boots. In fact, I've been wanting a pair of brown ranch hand leather boots for myself, but I've got my eyes on a pair of Backjack boots rather than Luccheses.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                      I'm generally fine with navy jackets and jeans, but that particular blazer is pretty formal with the metal buttons. Otherwise, I really like the cowboy boots. In fact, I've been wanting a pair of brown ranch hand leather boots for myself, but I've got my eyes on a pair of Backjack boots rather than Luccheses.
                      Thanks for the tip about the blazer; I'll have to remember that. Glad you like the boots ... check your private messages, though! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercer View Post

Better view of shirt:

Jos. A. Bank blazer
                        LL Bean Shetland
                        Land's End OCBD
                        Levi's 505s
                        Dickies belt
                        Lucchese boots
                        I actually really like this outfit. Just a minor thing, it looks like the jacket sleeves are a bit long and somewhat flare out - otherwise, fantastic look.

Comment

Originally posted by dnugget View Post
                          I actually really like this outfit. Just a minor thing, it looks like the jacket sleeves are a bit long and somewhat flare out - otherwise, fantastic look.
                          Thanks, dnugget! Interesting that you say the jacket sleeves look too long; I had actually been worried they might be too short! As for the sleeves flaring out ... hmmmm ... excuse my ignorance, but how should the sleeves fit? Obviously not skin-tight, but how do you know when they're just right?

By the way, I need to get a new blazer anyway; the one I'm wearing is roughly 12 years old and has 2 small holes in one of the sleeves (which are fortunately not visible unless I spread my arms wide).

Comment

My 9 year old wanted me to dress like him today. He is growing fast, which is why his pants are high waters.

Me:
                            Shirt - BB ESF
                            Pants - Kirkland Wool
                            Belt - Allen Edmonds

Him:
                            Shirt - Random blue button-down
                            Pants - Probably Target
                            Belt - BSA (Boy Scouts of America)

Last edited by Wahoo1997; December 17, 2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Just tell him to go without socks and he'll be in current fashion

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
                              My 9 year old wanted me to dress like him today. He is growing fast, which is why his pants are high waters.

Comment

This has more or less become my uniform (sorry for looking like I haven't had enough sleep):

North Face fleece jacket
                                LL Bean Shetland
                                BB button-down
                                Levi's 505s
                                PRL socks
                                Vintage Sebago Campsides
                                Last edited by Mercer; December 17, 2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X