This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shade View Post
    Just todays outfit. I'm not liking the collar on that shirt, so it's going to Goodwill.

http://i.imgur.com/3Z8yfBi.jpg

Suit - Graham and Gunn Ltd.
    Shirt - JAB
    Shoes - J&M
    Watch - Seiko
    Belt - Tommy Hilfiger
    What don't you like about the collar? If it just isn't holding the form you want some würkin stiffs could help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      What don't you like about the collar? If it just isn't holding the form you want some würkin stiffs could help you out.
      For some reason the material around the neck and upper area does seem to hold the collar up well. I have stays in it but it still drops. The material, which i noticed later in daylight shows the neck line of my undershirt as well, which I dont really care for.

Comment

Been a while since I went to the Gap, but yesterday found this awesome blazer on sale. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a casual grey blazer (rough texture, short cut, unstructured, patch pockets) and the fit was pretty good off the rack.

Blazer: Gap
        Shirt: Club Monaco
        Pants: Howard Yount
        Derbys: Oliver Spencer
        Last edited by butteronbutter; November 9, 2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=12837]butteronbutter[/MENTION] Is that the herringbone tweed? I tried it out, wound up returning it in favor of the LE which fit better. It was nice for a casual jacket though. I have the navy cotton twill version too, and wear it all the time.

Comment

Slow work day. figured I'd show off my #movember stache.

Comment

Originally posted by roostertail View Post
              [MENTION=12837]butteronbutter[/MENTION] Is that the herringbone tweed? I tried it out, wound up returning it in favor of the LE which fit better. It was nice for a casual jacket though. I have the navy cotton twill version too, and wear it all the time.
              It's actually the "wool tweed" in light heather gray. I didn't see the charcoal herringbone in stores, but now that I see it online, it looks a bit darker and cleaner than what I was looking for. The lighter gray on this one and the tweed/nepping texture really bring it up a notch in terms of casualness.

But I was most of all surprised how well it fit. I'm up in Canada and don't have a LE retail store around where I live. For blazers, I really have to try them in stores to see how the shoulders fit. I don't think I've ever gotten an online blazer that fit me to my liking up to now. Have a cotton navy one from BR, but the fit is a bit underwhelming. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have kept it.. Oh well.

Comment

Mr. Autumn Man.

Slim Lambswool V-Neck (JCrew)
                Uniqlo OCBD
                Brooklyn Tailors Navy Chinos (Gap x GQ, don't really like the way they drape)
                Florsheim Jet Chukkas
                Victorinox Officers Watch

* Not pictured - navy broadmoor quilted quote (JCrew)

Comment

[MENTION=7168]DerekH[/MENTION] Love it. Socks not crazy about but meh....they're socks you'll barely see with chukkas.

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                    [MENTION=7168]DerekH[/MENTION] Love it. Socks not crazy about but meh....they're socks you'll barely see with chukkas.
                    I'm the opposite. I'm all for the socks. If my tie can have a complementary color to my outfit without matching it (i.e. oxblood tie and a sky blue shirt) then why can't my socks? The grey/yellow works fine here with the dark green.

I say keep up the good work!

Comment

Been a while since I've done this, terrible lighting, worse location. Sorry for the toilets.

With jacket: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiwy1hntedwddjj/IMAG3153.jpg
                      Shoes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5innkuke2rv0jz/IMAG3156.jpg

Jacket: LE Oilcloth
                      Scarf: LE
                      Sweater: JCrew Lambswool
                      OCBD: JCP
                      Pants: BR
                      Shoes: AE Malvern

Comment

Just got back home after three days of trial in ND. This was what I wore Thursday. J.Crew jacket, Brooks Bros shirt, Kent Wang tie, Lands' End trousers, AE shoes. I think I need to get the pants hemmed a bit more.
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                          Mr. Autumn Man.

Slim Lambswool V-Neck (JCrew)
                          Uniqlo OCBD
                          Brooklyn Tailors Navy Chinos (Gap x GQ, don't really like the way they drape)
                          Florsheim Jet Chukkas
                          Victorinox Officers Watch

* Not pictured - navy broadmoor quilted quote (JCrew)
                          Loving that green sweater.

Comment

More bad hospital bathroom shots, what I was wearing at the end of a long Friday:

Shirt: Borrelli
                            Tie: Marinella (and Kent Wang tie bar)
                            Pants: Barbera
                            Shoes: Black AE Fifth Street boots
                            Not shown - white coat.

I really love how this Borrelli shirt looks without collar stays, the soft roll of the collar points is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                              More bad hospital bathroom shots, what I was wearing at the end of a long Friday:

Not shown - white coat.

I really love how this Borrelli shirt looks without collar stays, the soft roll of the collar points is fantastic.
                              I really like that tie bar.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post

Not shown - white coat.

Tie/Tie bar combo is awesome. What hospital do you work at?

Comment

Working...
                                X