Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=2573]alan[/MENTION] - Deets on the corduroy tie...

Comment

• Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
      [MENTION=2573]alan[/MENTION] - Deets on the corduroy tie...
      It's a Gitman Bros for Neiman Marcus. I picked it up at Last Call a couple of years ago. Gitman Bros seems to make a lot of good chunky ties in cotton, linen, and wool. I've had good luck finding them at last Call and Saks Off 5th. They're made in the USA. I would place their quality at somewhere between good and very good.

Comment

• For those of us in the US, this accessory might be appropriate for today.

image by akosmowski, on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by unnamedplayer View Post
          [MENTION=12684]Creature[/MENTION] - Hey can you tell me what color Clarks DBs those are? Thanks!
          I would just say brown. I dont know if they have a specific name. I got them at DSW for ~$55. The leather is porous and 'hairy' to the touch, like if you rub it one way its darker than if you rub it the other way. Make sense?

Anyone know the best way to care for these?

Comment

• Originally posted by Creature View Post
            I would just say brown. I dont know if they have a specific name. I got them at DSW for ~$55. The leather is porous and 'hairy' to the touch, like if you rub it one way its darker than if you rub it the other way. Make sense?

Anyone know the best way to care for these?
            Sounds like either suede or nubuck. Either way, though, the cleaning/care methods are pretty much the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by alan View Post
              Since I haven't participated in this thread in probably a year or so, here's what I've got today (with standard disclaimer for poor camera).

The tie is actually grey corduroy. The pants are dark brown/grey (more grey than brown). The shoes are oxblood-ish, but probably not quite as red as the picture implies.
              Hey [MENTION=2573]alan[/MENTION], looking good - and good to have you back!

Comment

• Sweater: J.Crew
                Shirt: Joe Fresh
                Pants: BR
                Shoes: Tricker's

Comment

• Originally posted by butteronbutter View Post
                  Sweater: J.Crew
                  Those look like some damn fly shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by butteronbutter View Post

Sweater: J.Crew
                    what fit pants are those?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                      Those look like some damn fly shoes.
                      Thanks! Without a doubt the flyest (and most wallet breaking) shoes I own.

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                      what fit pants are those?
                      They're "Modern Slim-Fit", but slightly tapered from around the knee down to a 7" hem opening.
                      Last edited by butteronbutter; November 6th, 2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• I decided to try some layering with my suit today. A little patriotic but I think it was subdued thanks to the gray suit. Can't really tell in the pic but the socks are navy with red/gray argyle.

Suit: JCF Thompson Slim worsted wool
                        Shirt: CT Royal Panama weave
                        Tie: Chaps
                        Cardigan: Van Heusen cotton
                        Shoes: GH Bass Plain Bluchers

Comment

• [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION], nice outfit. I like the balance between the sizes of the lapels, shirt collar, tie knot. Pocket square goes perfectly. I think the cardigan is just a little too much for the outfit.

Comment

• [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION], I love everything about this outfit a lot. Except the tie knot. I come from the school of Always Go With a Four-in-Hand Even With A Semi-Spread Collar (unless the tie is super skinny and you need some heft to make it look normal). In this case, especially, I think a more casual, "less perfect" knot would complement the cardigan's style and make the whole thing more unified. Just my $0.02. Either way, good look overall.

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback. I just really wanted to do a Windsor today, but 99% of the time I do a FIH like you said. If it wasn't for the cardigan I probably wouldn't have used it, but something about it seemed called for.

Comment

• Just todays outfit. I'm not liking the collar on that shirt, so it's going to Goodwill.

http://i.imgur.com/3Z8yfBi.jpg

Suit - Graham and Gunn Ltd.
                                Shirt - JAB
                                Shoes - J&M
                                Watch - Seiko
                                Belt - Tommy Hilfiger

Comment

Working...
                                X