This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    ...but pink seems a little off here (not entirely sure why - maybe it's the season?).
    I will admit that I am very close to the tail end of being able to pull off these colors.
    ---Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      Was this an October 1st outfit? I'm not a huge fan of the pink socks. Not that I have a problem with loud socks in general, but pink seems a little off here (not entirely sure why - maybe it's the season?). The suit looks like it fits really well, though.
      I agree that the pink touches are seasonally out of place (saw a guy in the supermarket today (in NYC, where it's fall) wearing a seersucker jacket and it looked out of place) but I disagree that, in a vacuum, the outfit itself looks off. I cannot stand loud socks--almost every time I see them on a man they haven't been done tastefully--but I think you nailed it with those socks, right down to their saturated shade of pink.

Comment

I'm not sure about this pink/season issue. A pink tie and pink socks (when visible) pop; pink shirt under a suit doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
          I'm not sure about this pink/season issue. A pink tie and pink socks (when visible) pop; pink shirt under a suit doesn't.
          This is sorta my thought as well...it isn't like is an easter Sunday pastel shirt. It probably comes off more prominent in the pics than it does in person too.
          ---Allen

Comment

WIWY.... This was my "deposition Friday casual." Taken in the court reporter's bathroom at the end of two very long days of depositions. I was concerned that wearing tweed, chinos, and boots would be too "Friday casual," until I saw that opposing counsel decided it was appropriate to show up in jeans and an ordinary button-up shirt. SMH.

J.Crew tweed jacket, Brooks Brothers shirt, Kent Wang grenadine tie, JCF chinos, Wolverine boots.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              WIWY.... This was my "deposition Friday casual." Taken in the court reporter's bathroom at the end of two very long days of depositions. I was concerned that wearing tweed, chinos, and boots would be too "Friday casual," until I saw that opposing counsel decided it was appropriate to show up in jeans and an ordinary button-up shirt. SMH.

J.Crew tweed jacket, Brooks Brothers shirt, Kent Wang grenadine tie, JCF chinos, Wolverine boots.
              Looking good Ben. Big fan of the button down collar and tweed jacket look. Also I am really digging that tie bar that is the same width as the tie.

Comment

WIWY.... This was my "deposition Friday casual." Taken in the court reporter's bathroom at the end of two very long days of depositions.
                Digging the outfit, Ben. Very well done.

I was concerned that wearing tweed, chinos, and boots would be too "Friday casual," until I saw that opposing counsel decided it was appropriate to show up in jeans and an ordinary button-up shirt. SMH.
                Wow. Incredible. Did anyone comment? I would imagine the judge wasn't present given that it was a deposition.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                  Looking good Ben. Big fan of the button down collar and tweed jacket look. Also I am really digging that tie bar that is the same width as the tie.
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                  Wow. Incredible. Did anyone comment? I would imagine the judge wasn't present given that it was a deposition.
                  No judge... just the attorneys, the court reporter, and some of the parties, including the person being deposed.

Even though it's not a courtroom, I think it's reasonable to expect attorneys to maintain a professional appearance whenever they're representing their client, particularly in a formal, adversarial situation like a deposition. In my opinion it is disrespectful to the deponent (if you're the one deposing the witness) or your client (if you're defending) to show up to a deposition in jeans and a button-up shirt. Unfortunately, here in a rural area, there is a certain combination of ignorance and apathy among some attorneys - particularly younger attorneys - towards standards of professional conduct, including not only superficial things like appearance but also general demeanor and attitude. The senior partner in my firm has made this observation to me. She attributes it in large part to a lack of mentoring of younger attorneys by the older generation.
                  Ben

Comment

Quick trip up to Maine for work:

On the clock for the flight up

Jacket and tie: Merona (ignore how it bulges out on my left; it actually fits really well normally)
                    Shirt and navy chinos: JCF
                    Belt: Portland Trading Company
                    Shoes: Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison in tan

Off the clock

Jacket: Frank & Oak from the spring
                    Shirt: LEC OCBD
                    Sweater: Bonobos merino
                    Belt: Portland Trading Company
                    Jeans: Gustin Heavy American
                    Shoes: Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison

Comment

it's gotten really cold out already
                      Jacket: vintage
                      Sweater: J Crew
                      Shirt: blank label MTM
                      Pants: JCF
                      Socks: J Crew
                      Shoes: GH Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                        it's gotten really cold out already
                        Jacket: vintage
                        Sweater: J Crew
                        Shirt: blank label MTM
                        Pants: JCF
                        Socks: J Crew
                        Shoes: GH Bass
                        thats a great looking jacket

Comment

To a dinner party

The entire package
                          image by akosmowski

Hat: Scala
                          Shirt: Rodin Collection (A real steal...originally marked for $110, I bought it for $10)
                          Suit: Combatant Gent Slim-Fit in black
                          Shoes: Allen Edmonds Neumora
                          Topcoat: Stafford

I did pick up a leaf for the pocket square, and many thought it was an actual pocket square.

Comment

Originally posted by akosmowski View Post
                            To a dinner party

The entire package
                            image by akosmowski

Hat: Scala
                            Shirt: Rodin Collection (A real steal...originally marked for $110, I bought it for $10)
                            Suit: Combatant Gent Slim-Fit in black
                            Shoes: Allen Edmonds Neumora
                            Topcoat: Stafford

I did pick up a leaf for the pocket square, and many thought it was an actual pocket square.
                            I really like those Neumora double monks. How are they comfort-wise?

Comment

[MENTION=4677]Shade[/MENTION] I find them fair enough. Sometimes I wear my orthotic for a tighter fit. Personally, I have found that AEs give me the most comfort. I don't know how the comfort of these would compare with that of the Mora 2.0.

Comment

Japanese monochromatic today.

LE belt and flannel shirt, J.Crew cardigan, Levi's jeans, PRL suede wingtips, Chris Ward watch on C&B strap
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X