Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suited up again today Forgot that I had something in my right coat pocket so it looks like it is pulling a little bit.

Suit: J Crew
    Shirt: Spier & Mackay (loving the collars on these things)
    Tie: Lands End
    Watch: Orient
    Shoes: AE
    Socks: BR

Comment

• Suit: JAB
      Shirt: Nordstrom Trim fit French cuff
      Tie: JAB burgundy knit
      Cufflinks:Bespoke Post
      Socks: Foot Cardigan
      Shoes: Bed Stu

Comment

• J.Shack-

Let me preface by saying 1) you're a much braver man than I w/r/t fashion- you consistently push your envelope, and I respect that, and 2) since I never post pictures of myself, you're totally justified in using the TR "not the critic who counts" counter on me, but the DB suit thing just isn't working for me. To mine eye, it makes you look shorter and squatter than you are. That's a pretty solid tie, though. Might have to choke down the "JAB IS CRAP!!!1!" hivemind thing and take a look.
        --

I'm here mostly to keep my mouth shut and learn a thing or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by PekkaKarhunen View Post
          J.Shack-

Let me preface by saying 1) you're a much braver man than I w/r/t fashion- you consistently push your envelope, and I respect that, and 2) since I never post pictures of myself, you're totally justified in using the TR "not the critic who counts" counter on me, but the DB suit thing just isn't working for me. To mine eye, it makes you look shorter and squatter than you are. That's a pretty solid tie, though. Might have to choke down the "JAB IS CRAP!!!1!" hivemind thing and take a look.
          I'd have to say this is similar to the ZCM picture thing the other day, looking back at the pictures it definitely does, but from a standing/side angle I feel like I look my normal height

Comment

• I feel like this one is a better representation, I just didn't use it because of the low quality and dirty bathroom thing.

Comment

• Fair enough- I'm still not sold on the DB look for guys our age, but I agree the second picture looks much less disproportionate than the first one.
              --

I'm here mostly to keep my mouth shut and learn a thing or two.

Comment

• [MENTION=12061]Jshackleford[/MENTION] sometimes you have to be careful with how you take pics lol. Just goes to show you that you[we] aren't going to always look great no matter what. I like the look BTW, definitely bold. I have been thinking about a DB jacket but I think I'll go with a four button navy blazer to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                  [MENTION=12061]Jshackleford[/MENTION] sometimes you have to be careful with how you take pics lol. Just goes to show you that you aren't going to always look great. I like the look BTW, definitely bold. I have been thinking about a DB jacket but I think I'll go with a four button navy blazer to start.
                  I really want want a navy DB blazer with good buttons, I think it would be a good fashion forward option to stand out a bit when you would normally wear things like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PekkaKarhunen View Post
                    To mine eye, it makes you look shorter and squatter than you are.
                    I've seen him in single-breasted. He didn't suddenly look shorter to me when I saw him in this DB. Looks good!

Comment

• Throw a tie bar on and you could be an extra in The Gatsby movie!

Comment

• @jshacklford, I like the suit. Proportions look ok to me. It would be nice to see more people go the double-breasted route, but I'm not confident enough to do that yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                          I have been thinking about a DB jacket but I think I'll go with a four button navy blazer to start.
                          DB 4x1? Or are you talking about something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                            DB 4x1? Or are you talking about something else?
                            Yes 4x1 is what I was referring to.

Comment

• ZCM (or any one who owns them)... I asked you about these Land's End loafer a few weeks ago. They are 30% off today. Do you think they are worth $70?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-407279_AK.html

Comment

• I think so. I paid 80 ish for mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X