This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    It's the regular. I should point out that it was actually right at home in a professional environment, even though it's seersucker.
    You are making it very difficult to not buy this thing!

Comment

• Dark colors today...

Black BR luxe touch
      Friday Gray Weekday Warriors
      Black BR belt
      Black Chelsea's

Comment

• This thread sure did die...

Here's mine:

Suit: BR
        Shirt: Spier and MacKay
        Tie: BB
        Watch: Orient
        Shoes: AE Boardrooms
        Socks: BR

I was going to abbreviate Spier and Mackay but...

Comment

• [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] If that doesn't breathe some life into it, I don't know what will. Excellent all around. Is that a twill shirt? I'm looking for a nice one, and that collar looks like it might be substantial enough for my big 'ol head.

One small nitpick, if you don't mind: You seem to be a pretty tall guy, and I've noticed a lot of your jackets tend to be on the short side with higher buttoning points, which makes your torso look short in comparison to your legs. I am in the opposite situation, long torso and short legs (5'8", 28" inseam), which is why I notice. Just something to think about with future jacket purchases.

And lol @ the abbreviation...
          Last edited by roostertail; August 25th, 2014, 05:10 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

• Originally posted by roostertail View Post
            [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] If that doesn't breathe some life into it, I don't know what will. Excellent all around. Is that a twill shirt? I'm looking for a nice one, and that collar looks like it might be substantial enough for my big 'ol head.

One small nitpick, if you don't mind: You seem to be a pretty tall guy, and I've noticed a lot of your jackets tend to be on the short side with higher buttoning points, which makes your torso look short in comparison to your legs. I am in the opposite situation, long torso and short legs (5'8", 28" inseam), which is why I notice. Just something to think about with future jacket purchases.

And lol @ the abbreviation...
            Thanks! It is twill. The spier and Mackay shirts in the contemporary fit may be my new favorites.

A few of my jackets are cropped. However a lot of the times they can looked cropped because of the angle. For instance here is a pic my fiance just took when I got home

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] WOW, that makes a big difference. I retract, it looks great there.
              Maybe I should start taking pics from a low angle so my legs don't look so short and stumpy haha!

I'll check S&M out. I was considering CT, BB, maybe even Ledbury with a good discount. Thanks for putting them on my radar.

Comment

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] WOW, that makes a big difference. I retract, it looks great there.
                Maybe I should start taking pics from a low angle so my legs don't look so short and stumpy haha!

I'll check S&M out. I was considering CT, BB, maybe even Ledbury with a good discount. Thanks for putting them on my radar.
                Haha. I usually put my phone on a bookshelf at work to get a pic. My old office was too small to get my shoes in the pic if I put it on the higher shelf. I'm still experimenting in my new office (today was my first day!).

Comment

• [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], are you sure you have the shoes in the right size? You seem to be getting creases across your cap toe, which is sometimes an indication that your buying them too long. That's not always the case, of course.

Good look, though. I'm not nit-picking, just trying to be helpful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie View Post

Good look, though. I'm not nit-picking, just trying to be helpful!
                    Not at all! I appreciate the feedback. That is why I post office in here! Otherwise this is just some kind of weird style selfie vanity thread...

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                    [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], are you sure you have the shoes in the right size? You seem to be getting creases across your cap toe, which is sometimes an indication that your buying them too long. That's not always the case, of course.
                    Thanks for the insight. I thought that was weird too and looked like into it. I think it is just the way the 7 last fits me because if anything they are a little too short. I have a pair of park aves in the same size without the crease across the toe cap and they fit very well. I don't wear the black boardrooms often enough to think too much about it plus they were only $125. However if I ever bought a 7 last shoe again I would try a 12 C instead of a 11.5 D.

EDIT: just looked at my PAs and there is a slight crease in the cap. It isn't as pronounced as the ones here but its there... maybe I am wearing the wrong size but I don't think I'll switch as those PAs are probably second most comfortable pair of shoes behind my McAllister's in the same size.
                    Last edited by zcm; August 26th, 2014, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Peacock sighting
                      http://imgur.com/9aFuzDt

Comment

...WOW, that makes a big difference...

...I retract, it looks great there...

...Maybe I should start taking pics from a low angle...short and stumpy...

...I'll check S&M out...

Comment

• Hold on, I had something for this...wait...no, it's gone
                          Originally posted by bruschetta View Post

Comment

• [MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION] how do you balance time between your articles, university work, and opportunistic d*ck jokes while being so great at them? Its uncanny
                            Last edited by zcm; August 26th, 2014, 05:17 PM. Reason: Censorship

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                              [MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION] how do you balance time between your articles, university work, and opportunistic d*ck jokes while being so great at them? Its uncanny
                              The semester doesn't start for another month. Seedless cucumber jokes are my day job.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                Seedless cucumber jokes are my day job.
                                I was surprised by the lack thereof in today's article. Wonderful restraint! The vegetables in the photos were a nice touch...

Comment

Working...
                                X