Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just a couple of days after you, zcm!

    I traveled this week to supervise a satellite office, and didn't look close enough at the weather report. Brought the umbrella, unfortunately, I only wore my leather soled AE Elgins... So, made the decision to run to Penneys this morning and pick up the Logan. I'm impressed. For $42 (with current $20 off $50 coupon), these are fantastic. No, they're not finely made shoes. But they are perfect for rainy weather. I would have sized down 1 half size, but they didn't have them in stock. Was in need, so these will do.




    Shirt: Bonobos
    Pants: JCF Slim Bedford in chambray
    Shoes: JCP Logan

    Comment


      For what they cost they are fantastic, [MENTION=4314]jeff4[/MENTION].

      The pocket square thread made me want to change it up a little today. Here is today's outfit:



      Shirt and Pants: BR
      Jacket: PRL
      Pocket Square: TTB
      Watch: Bulova
      Shoes: J Crew
      Socks: GH Bass

      Comment


        Blazer: J Crew unstructured
        Shirt: Gustin Sky Slubby Nep Chambray
        Pants: Gustin Downtown Browns

        Indoors now, so I'm only wearing socks, but I wore brown BR chukkas earlier.

        http://i.imgur.com/XCe7tpg.jpg

        Edit: didn't realize I was wearing an undershirt until I took off the button down. Never usually wear an undershirt. Not sure what I was thinking. Forgive me, Dapper.
        Last edited by devastitis; August 9, 2014, 03:08 AM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by devastitis View Post
          Blazer: J Crew unstructured
          Shirt: Gustin Sky Slubby Nep Chambray
          Pants: Gustin Downtown Browns

          Indoors now, so I'm only wearing socks, but I wore brown BR chukkas earlier.

          http://i.imgur.com/XCe7tpg.jpg

          Edit: didn't realize I was wearing an undershirt until I took off the button down. Never usually wear an undershirt. Not sure what I was thinking. Forgive me, Dapper.
          Tuck in the shirt!

          Comment


            Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
            Tuck in the shirt!
            Without the blazer, I'm OK with untucked for that look, but with the jacket I agree!

            And here is the surprisingly nice collar roll of a Stafford fitted OCBD. Found in store in a 14.5 34/35 which is a complete unicorn. OTR, 14.5 (or smalls) shirts are closest to fitting in the body, but neck and sleeves never come close. Sleeves are perfect and I can even button the collar. Fabric's a bit scratchy, and even 14.5 doesn't fit as well as my creations from Luxire, but very nice for an OTR fit.

            Comment


              Today's ensemble



              JCP button up
              Joe fresh chinos
              Nordstrom 1901 double monks

              Comment


                Looks great, andrewlcraft..

                Comment


                  Off to meet the lady for brunch. Lighting in my bedroom sucks.



                  Shirt: Bonobos Seersucker
                  Shorts: Merona
                  Shoes: Sperry
                  Watch: Hamilton X-Wind
                  Glasses: RayBan Justin
                  Last edited by bjmcgeever; August 10, 2014, 06:17 PM. Reason: Fixed URL

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Looks great, andrewlcraft..
                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                      WIWT

                      It's been a while since I posted here, but it was the maiden voyage of this suit and this tie and I was feeling good about it. So,

                      Suit: Bonobos (if you can't tell, it's seersucker, and it's awesome)
                      Shirt: Ratio
                      Tie: Chipp
                      Shoes: Alden
                      Tie bar: the Tie Bar
                      Last edited by Shomas; August 13, 2014, 11:19 PM. Reason: i a word

                      Comment


                        [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] I have been eyeing that suit on their site as well. I have never tried their jackets before and it is final sale... Any chance you could offer a fit comparison to say BR, ludlow, etc.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                          Without the blazer, I'm OK with untucked for that look, but with the jacket I agree!

                          And here is the surprisingly nice collar roll of a Stafford fitted OCBD. Found in store in a 14.5 34/35 which is a complete unicorn. OTR, 14.5 (or smalls) shirts are closest to fitting in the body, but neck and sleeves never come close. Sleeves are perfect and I can even button the collar. Fabric's a bit scratchy, and even 14.5 doesn't fit as well as my creations from Luxire, but very nice for an OTR fit.

                          That is a remarkable collar roll on that shirt. The whole outfit looks great altogether too [MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION].

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by zcm View Post
                            [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] I have been eyeing that suit on their site as well. I have never tried their jackets before and it is final sale... Any chance you could offer a fit comparison to say BR, ludlow, etc.
                            I usually wear a 38R - in everything - but those are often close to too tight. In this case, 38R was indeed too tight in both the arms and the midsection (which is odd because I have other Bonobos jackets that fit fine in 38R). I sent it back and opted for a 40R. It needed a little shortening on the sleeves, but it fits great otherwise (and a little looser fit seems right in a seersucker). So, I think this jacket is a little slimmer than a JCF Thompson, probably pretty close to a Ludlow, and a little slimmer than the BR jackets I have - though I've lost track of their various cuts and how those relate to one another.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                              I usually wear a 38R - in everything - but those are often close to too tight. In this case, 38R was indeed too tight in both the arms and the midsection (which is odd because I have other Bonobos jackets that fit fine in 38R). I sent it back and opted for a 40R. It needed a little shortening on the sleeves, but it fits great otherwise (and a little looser fit seems right in a seersucker). So, I think this jacket is a little slimmer than a JCF Thompson, probably pretty close to a Ludlow, and a little slimmer than the BR jackets I have - though I've lost track of their various cuts and how those relate to one another.
                              Thanks! Is it the regular cut or the slim?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by zcm View Post
                                Thanks! Is it the regular cut or the slim?
                                It's the regular. I should point out that it was actually right at home in a professional environment, even though it's seersucker.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X