This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a couple of days after you, zcm!

I traveled this week to supervise a satellite office, and didn't look close enough at the weather report. Brought the umbrella, unfortunately, I only wore my leather soled AE Elgins... So, made the decision to run to Penneys this morning and pick up the Logan. I'm impressed. For $42 (with current $20 off $50 coupon), these are fantastic. No, they're not finely made shoes. But they are perfect for rainy weather. I would have sized down 1 half size, but they didn't have them in stock. Was in need, so these will do.

Shirt: Bonobos
    Pants: JCF Slim Bedford in chambray
    Shoes: JCP Logan

Comment

• For what they cost they are fantastic, [MENTION=4314]jeff4[/MENTION].

The pocket square thread made me want to change it up a little today. Here is today's outfit:

Shirt and Pants: BR
      Jacket: PRL
      Pocket Square: TTB
      Watch: Bulova
      Shoes: J Crew
      Socks: GH Bass

Comment

• Blazer: J Crew unstructured
        Shirt: Gustin Sky Slubby Nep Chambray
        Pants: Gustin Downtown Browns

Indoors now, so I'm only wearing socks, but I wore brown BR chukkas earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/XCe7tpg.jpg

Edit: didn't realize I was wearing an undershirt until I took off the button down. Never usually wear an undershirt. Not sure what I was thinking. Forgive me, Dapper.
        Last edited by devastitis; August 9th, 2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by devastitis View Post
          Blazer: J Crew unstructured
          Shirt: Gustin Sky Slubby Nep Chambray
          Pants: Gustin Downtown Browns

Indoors now, so I'm only wearing socks, but I wore brown BR chukkas earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/XCe7tpg.jpg

Edit: didn't realize I was wearing an undershirt until I took off the button down. Never usually wear an undershirt. Not sure what I was thinking. Forgive me, Dapper.
          Tuck in the shirt!

Comment

• Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
            Tuck in the shirt!
            Without the blazer, I'm OK with untucked for that look, but with the jacket I agree!

And here is the surprisingly nice collar roll of a Stafford fitted OCBD. Found in store in a 14.5 34/35 which is a complete unicorn. OTR, 14.5 (or smalls) shirts are closest to fitting in the body, but neck and sleeves never come close. Sleeves are perfect and I can even button the collar. Fabric's a bit scratchy, and even 14.5 doesn't fit as well as my creations from Luxire, but very nice for an OTR fit.

Comment

• Today's ensemble

JCP button up
              Joe fresh chinos
              Nordstrom 1901 double monks

Comment

• Looks great, andrewlcraft..

Comment

• Off to meet the lady for brunch. Lighting in my bedroom sucks.

Shirt: Bonobos Seersucker
                  Shorts: Merona
                  Shoes: Sperry
                  Watch: Hamilton X-Wind
                  Glasses: RayBan Justin
                  Last edited by bjmcgeever; August 10th, 2014, 05:17 PM. Reason: Fixed URL

Comment

• Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Looks great, andrewlcraft..
                    Thanks!

Comment

• WIWT

It's been a while since I posted here, but it was the maiden voyage of this suit and this tie and I was feeling good about it. So,

Suit: Bonobos (if you can't tell, it's seersucker, and it's awesome)
                      Shirt: Ratio
                      Tie: Chipp
                      Shoes: Alden
                      Tie bar: the Tie Bar
                      Last edited by Shomas; August 13th, 2014, 10:19 PM. Reason: i a word

Comment

• [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] I have been eyeing that suit on their site as well. I have never tried their jackets before and it is final sale... Any chance you could offer a fit comparison to say BR, ludlow, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                          Without the blazer, I'm OK with untucked for that look, but with the jacket I agree!

And here is the surprisingly nice collar roll of a Stafford fitted OCBD. Found in store in a 14.5 34/35 which is a complete unicorn. OTR, 14.5 (or smalls) shirts are closest to fitting in the body, but neck and sleeves never come close. Sleeves are perfect and I can even button the collar. Fabric's a bit scratchy, and even 14.5 doesn't fit as well as my creations from Luxire, but very nice for an OTR fit.

That is a remarkable collar roll on that shirt. The whole outfit looks great altogether too [MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION].

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                            [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] I have been eyeing that suit on their site as well. I have never tried their jackets before and it is final sale... Any chance you could offer a fit comparison to say BR, ludlow, etc.
                            I usually wear a 38R - in everything - but those are often close to too tight. In this case, 38R was indeed too tight in both the arms and the midsection (which is odd because I have other Bonobos jackets that fit fine in 38R). I sent it back and opted for a 40R. It needed a little shortening on the sleeves, but it fits great otherwise (and a little looser fit seems right in a seersucker). So, I think this jacket is a little slimmer than a JCF Thompson, probably pretty close to a Ludlow, and a little slimmer than the BR jackets I have - though I've lost track of their various cuts and how those relate to one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                              I usually wear a 38R - in everything - but those are often close to too tight. In this case, 38R was indeed too tight in both the arms and the midsection (which is odd because I have other Bonobos jackets that fit fine in 38R). I sent it back and opted for a 40R. It needed a little shortening on the sleeves, but it fits great otherwise (and a little looser fit seems right in a seersucker). So, I think this jacket is a little slimmer than a JCF Thompson, probably pretty close to a Ludlow, and a little slimmer than the BR jackets I have - though I've lost track of their various cuts and how those relate to one another.
                              Thanks! Is it the regular cut or the slim?

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                                Thanks! Is it the regular cut or the slim?
                                It's the regular. I should point out that it was actually right at home in a professional environment, even though it's seersucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X