Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't done one of these in a long time.

BR soft wash blue gingham shirt
    JCF cotton/linen pants
    Walnut Strands
    Casio Edifice on FFF button-stud watch band
    Last edited by drocpsu; June 13, 2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
      Have done one of these in a long time.

BR soft wash blue gingham shirt
      JCF cotton/linen pants
      Walnut Strands
      Casio Edifice on FFF button-stud watch band
      I like that from top to bottom. Not usually a fan of the dress chrono but that one looks sharp. I have a feeling it will be too big for my small wrist though. Do you have a specific model number?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        I like that from top to bottom. Not usually a fan of the dress chrono but that one looks sharp. I have a feeling it will be too big for my small wrist though. Do you have a specific model number?
        Yep, it's the EF-503D. It's like ~40mm, so not overly large. I do not have big wrists and am not a fan of huge watches, and I don't feel that this one looks or feels too big whatsoever. Also to note, the face is actually white, even though it looks creme in this photo, (bad lighting, I suppose).

Here's a whole thread on the watch from last year. There's also a bunch of photos in it, (especially from me) of the different color variations it can be had in, on different bands.
        http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-Speedy-anyone
        Last edited by drocpsu; June 13, 2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

awesome, thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] - huge fan of the outfit. Looks great!

Comment

Raining cool spring day in Rhode Island.

Gustin left hand twills #43
              Polo shirt
              Gap 3/4 trench coat in navy
              Duck boots
              Rolex gmt-ii

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] - huge fan of the outfit. Looks great!
                Thanks! I threw it together today and really liked it, so I figured I'd WIWT it. It's the first time I've worn the shirt and socks, (just picked them both up recently).

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/bxljRAO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Qewp9XM.jpg

Shirt: Gustin Royal Blue Seersucker Gingham
                  Pants: Gustin Summer Blue
                  Shoes: Jack Purcells
                  Watch: Bulova 96E111

Comment

[MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION], I like the colors of the shirt and pants.

Fit-wise, based on the image, and from my perspective, the shirt looks too tight. I'm also not a fan of untucked button-up shirts--it just looks sloppy. The jeans look too long.

I would not wear black socks with white sneakers. You need either a light blue or white.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                      [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION], I like the colors of the shirt and pants.

Fit-wise, based on the image, and from my perspective, the shirt looks too tight. I'm also not a fan of untucked button-up shirts--it just looks sloppy. The jeans look too long.

I would not wear black socks with white sneakers. You need either a light blue or white.
                      http://i.imgur.com/m5T4JYK.gif

On a more serious note, I find the fit to be just right. Any bigger and it would be too baggy. Also, I don't usually tuck my shirts, unless it's for a more formal event. Agree that light blue socks would have been the better choice, but I don't wear white socks in general, unless it's to play sports.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                        http://i.imgur.com/bxljRAO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Qewp9XM.jpg

Shirt: Gustin Royal Blue Seersucker Gingham
                        Pants: Gustin Summer Blue
                        Shoes: Jack Purcells
                        Watch: Bulova 96E111
                        Looking good, man. Love the fits. You're tempting me to order a couple of Gustin shirts.

How do they fit relative to shirts from elsewhere? I usually wear a Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit 14 1/2 32-33.

Comment

Okay. I guess it's just the camera angle that's fooling me. I see it looking too tight across the chest, with a bit of pulling at the button, but then again, it could be the image and it could be personal preference.

And also each to his own on the tuck. I think untucked does look generally sloppy, though.

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                          http://i.imgur.com/m5T4JYK.gif

On a more serious note, I find the fit to be just right. Any bigger and it would be too baggy. Also, I don't usually tuck my shirts, unless it's for a more formal event. Agree that light blue socks would have been the better choice, but I don't wear white socks in general, unless it's to play sports.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                            Looking good, man. Love the fits. You're tempting me to order a couple of Gustin shirts.

How do they fit relative to shirts from elsewhere? I usually wear a Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit 14 1/2 32-33.
                            Thanks! In terms of fit, I'd say YMMV of course, but I'm a 16"/32" and Medium fits me just fine everywhere except the neck. I won't be able to button these all the way up, but I think they look fine without me doing so. It's a little longer and a little wide for my ideal liking, which is why I hot washed them and perma press dried them to shrink them a bit. They hit my chest just perfectly, I have a 41" chest. The waist could probably be brought in just a tad, but it's not crazy wide like Jos A Banks shirts, and the scoops could be a little shorter, but it's fine either way IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                              Okay. I guess it's just the camera angle that's fooling me. I see it looking too tight across the chest, with a bit of pulling at the button, but then again, it could be the image and it could be personal preference.

And also each to his own on the tuck. I think untucked does look generally sloppy, though.
                              It is right on in the chest, which I prefer than being loose. If I had sized up to a large, it'd be way too billowy and long on me.

Comment

Okay. I wonder if there's a better angle for these kind of shots. Not you specifically but just in general. And I'm not one to talk, as I don't post fit pics. However, I think the high above the head shot creates too much foreshortening and makes it hard to judge the fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X