Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yep. It's a job requirement pretty much, at least once a year. Fortunately, for just an athletic tech kind of shirt, this fits fairly well, although I am sure I'm wearing it about 2 sizes smaller than everyone else here would.

    Too hot to pair it with an OCBD or anything else. Supposed to reach into the 80s today and I have a bit of outdoor picnic schmoozing to attend to. However, I am wearing my SLIMmest stone-colored chinos--yes, my sized down urban slims, believe it or no--and my white Sperry CVOs, so I'm feeling fairly sharp. I like the slim chinos with things like polos--feels very cool (literally) and clean.

    Comment


      You might want to try the Uniqlo dry pique polos. XS in these fit me perfectly and i really like these, i got these on sale for $15 each.

      http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/tops/po...82.html#64-002
      Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post



      Eh, wish my polos would fit as well. A small looks like a tent on me, and there are no good polo manufacturers in the US that make well-fitting XS sized polos (or golf shirts). I end up ordering from Asian or European brands.

      Comment


        In a t shirt and jeans today for thrifting and band practice/beers with friends.

        Comment


          The BR Luxe polos are pretty nice as well. I'm in between small and medium when I normally wear medium in other brands.

          I went to a dinner party wearing my red selvedge chambray made by Gustin and my Lands End navy blazer. So when I got home, I decided to make an album of me wearing all my shirts from Gustin. The pants are BR Kentfields. http://imgur.com/a/VcGUU

          Comment


            Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
            Eh, wish my polos would fit as well. A small looks like a tent on me, and there are no good polo manufacturers in the US that make well-fitting XS sized polos (or golf shirts). I end up ordering from Asian or European brands.
            What size do you normally wear? I recently found that Lands' End's tailored-fit pique polos work really well for me.
            Ben

            Comment


              Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              The BR Luxe polos are pretty nice as well. I'm in between small and medium when I normally wear medium in other brands.

              I went to a dinner party wearing my red selvedge chambray made by Gustin and my Lands End navy blazer. So when I got home, I decided to make an album of me wearing all my shirts from Gustin. The pants are BR Kentfields. http://imgur.com/a/VcGUU
              Not a big believer in shoes, I see.

              Comment


                Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                Not a big believer in shoes, I see.
                Oh, I was at home and I don't wear shoes at home.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  What size do you normally wear? I recently found that Lands' End's tailored-fit pique polos work really well for me.
                  I usually wear a small, and buy them from Target and pay a tailor to make them smaller. But while good, they aren't as well fitting as I'd like.

                  I prefer athletic fits for the most part. I'll check out the LE pique polos - thanks!

                  Comment


                    Ok. Not sure if they won't still be too big for you if you have to get Target's size small tailored to fit... but they fit pretty true-to-size as far as slimmer-fitting garments go. I normally wear a 36R jacket and a size small in most other shirts, and a small fits me well in LE's tailored polos.
                    Ben

                    Comment


                      That's good to know. I am always on the lookout for good polos.

                      Comment


                        [MENTION=11100]M. Montaigne[/MENTION], have you tried J. Crew's classic polos? They fit fairly trim without being skin-tight.

                        Comment


                          [MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION], yes I have. And in fact, I have two of them that I rather like.

                          I wish they had more "golf style" synthetic polos, though, but I do love what they offer.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                            The BR Luxe polos are pretty nice as well. I'm in between small and medium when I normally wear medium in other brands.

                            I went to a dinner party wearing my red selvedge chambray made by Gustin and my Lands End navy blazer. So when I got home, I decided to make an album of me wearing all my shirts from Gustin. The pants are BR Kentfields. http://imgur.com/a/VcGUU
                            Thanks for posting and look great. What size are they and what are your measurements? I have my first Gustins coming in next month (Army Canvas Chore Coat and Super Light Jeans) and am considering their shirts.

                            Comment


                              At the lake, weather alternating between sunny 70s and stormy 50s.



                              LL Bean fleece, Lands' End polo (not seen), ratty old Gap khakis, Sebago Docksides, navy Twins cap.
                              Ben

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by lifeinabox View Post
                                Thanks for posting and look great. What size are they and what are your measurements? I have my first Gustins coming in next month (Army Canvas Chore Coat and Super Light Jeans) and am considering their shirts.
                                They are all medium. I'm 5'8", 170lbs, with a 41" chest, and 33 inch waist. Don't expect to button these up all the way though if you want them to fit just right, unless you're very very slim.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X