Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. It's a job requirement pretty much, at least once a year. Fortunately, for just an athletic tech kind of shirt, this fits fairly well, although I am sure I'm wearing it about 2 sizes smaller than everyone else here would.

Too hot to pair it with an OCBD or anything else. Supposed to reach into the 80s today and I have a bit of outdoor picnic schmoozing to attend to. However, I am wearing my SLIMmest stone-colored chinos--yes, my sized down urban slims, believe it or no--and my white Sperry CVOs, so I'm feeling fairly sharp. I like the slim chinos with things like polos--feels very cool (literally) and clean.

Comment

• You might want to try the Uniqlo dry pique polos. XS in these fit me perfectly and i really like these, i got these on sale for $15 each.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/tops/po...82.html#64-002
      Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post

Eh, wish my polos would fit as well. A small looks like a tent on me, and there are no good polo manufacturers in the US that make well-fitting XS sized polos (or golf shirts). I end up ordering from Asian or European brands.

Comment

• In a t shirt and jeans today for thrifting and band practice/beers with friends.

Comment

• The BR Luxe polos are pretty nice as well. I'm in between small and medium when I normally wear medium in other brands.

I went to a dinner party wearing my red selvedge chambray made by Gustin and my Lands End navy blazer. So when I got home, I decided to make an album of me wearing all my shirts from Gustin. The pants are BR Kentfields. http://imgur.com/a/VcGUU

Comment

• Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
            Eh, wish my polos would fit as well. A small looks like a tent on me, and there are no good polo manufacturers in the US that make well-fitting XS sized polos (or golf shirts). I end up ordering from Asian or European brands.
            What size do you normally wear? I recently found that Lands' End's tailored-fit pique polos work really well for me.
            Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              The BR Luxe polos are pretty nice as well. I'm in between small and medium when I normally wear medium in other brands.

I went to a dinner party wearing my red selvedge chambray made by Gustin and my Lands End navy blazer. So when I got home, I decided to make an album of me wearing all my shirts from Gustin. The pants are BR Kentfields. http://imgur.com/a/VcGUU
              Not a big believer in shoes, I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                Not a big believer in shoes, I see.
                Oh, I was at home and I don't wear shoes at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  What size do you normally wear? I recently found that Lands' End's tailored-fit pique polos work really well for me.
                  I usually wear a small, and buy them from Target and pay a tailor to make them smaller. But while good, they aren't as well fitting as I'd like.

I prefer athletic fits for the most part. I'll check out the LE pique polos - thanks!

Comment

• Ok. Not sure if they won't still be too big for you if you have to get Target's size small tailored to fit... but they fit pretty true-to-size as far as slimmer-fitting garments go. I normally wear a 36R jacket and a size small in most other shirts, and a small fits me well in LE's tailored polos.
                    Ben

Comment

• That's good to know. I am always on the lookout for good polos.

Comment

• [MENTION=11100]M. Montaigne[/MENTION], have you tried J. Crew's classic polos? They fit fairly trim without being skin-tight.

Comment

• [MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION], yes I have. And in fact, I have two of them that I rather like.

I wish they had more "golf style" synthetic polos, though, but I do love what they offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                            The BR Luxe polos are pretty nice as well. I'm in between small and medium when I normally wear medium in other brands.

Thanks for posting and look great. What size are they and what are your measurements? I have my first Gustins coming in next month (Army Canvas Chore Coat and Super Light Jeans) and am considering their shirts.

Comment

• At the lake, weather alternating between sunny 70s and stormy 50s.

LL Bean fleece, Lands' End polo (not seen), ratty old Gap khakis, Sebago Docksides, navy Twins cap.
                              Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeinabox View Post
                                Thanks for posting and look great. What size are they and what are your measurements? I have my first Gustins coming in next month (Army Canvas Chore Coat and Super Light Jeans) and am considering their shirts.
                                They are all medium. I'm 5'8", 170lbs, with a 41" chest, and 33 inch waist. Don't expect to button these up all the way though if you want them to fit just right, unless you're very very slim.

Comment

Working...
                                X