• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewed for the style section of my school paper on a brisk wednesday:
    http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/Ka...cee4c.jpg.html

Comment

WIWT

It's looking to be a nice week. Finally!!!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
        Skagen? The blue face really pops in that shot. Also, at first glance, that plaid made me think kilt... but then I came to my senses.

Comment

Originally posted by rlriii13 View Post
          Skagen? The blue face really pops in that shot. Also, at first glance, that plaid made me think kilt... but then I came to my senses.
          Yep, Skagen. Lol @kilt, it's my black watch messenger bag.
          I>0<I

Comment

It's looking to be a nice week. Finally!!!

Love the shoes! What are they??

Comment

Originally posted by Fooz View Post
              Love the shoes! What are they??
              Thanks [MENTION=3692]Fooz[/MENTION]; they are bass weejuns. Bought them for a song off myhabit.
              I>0<I

Comment

Cross post from Friday challenge. Also inverse of what I wore yesterday.
                I>0<I

Comment

Love the jacket, shirt, and tie combo, MaxMan! It might be the angle of the picture, but the buttoning point on your jacket looks high, it's cutting you off visually. Also, the similarity in scale and pattern between your tie and pocket square is causing a bit of Moiré effect - I think a white linen PS might work better with the fit.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by Siepi View Post
                    Love the jacket, shirt, and tie combo, MaxMan! It might be the angle of the picture, but the buttoning point on your jacket looks high, it's cutting you off visually. Also, the similarity in scale and pattern between your tie and pocket square is causing a bit of Moiré effect - I think a white linen PS might work better with the fit.
                    Thanks [MENTION=10981]Siepi[/MENTION], prolly the angle and the rise (sits fairly below the waist) on the chinos. The top button on the blazer is a touch above my navel.

Re: PS / tie; Don't really see the scale comparison your referring to. Patters aren't laid on top of one another which would creat the moire effect. Spacing out of plaids works best, e.g. Tie PS spaced by blazer. I personally wouldn't wear a white PS as it dulls my motif; put to each their own.
                    I>0<I

Comment

Yeah, I guess the Moiré effect wasn't exactly what I meant - my point was more that I think your fit might be better served by having a different pattern like a paisley (if a solid is too dull) for your PS rather than having two plaids. But, as you said, to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Siepi View Post
                        Yeah, I guess the Moiré effect wasn't exactly what I meant - my point was more that I think your fit might be better served by having a different pattern like a paisley (if a solid is too dull) for your PS rather than having two plaids. But, as you said, to each his own.
                        Yea I agree paisley, polka dots might work as well.
                        I>0<I

Comment

Just got my first pair of boat shoes and am figuring out how to incorporate it in work fits.

These burnt orange chinos were bought for autumn, but I figure they are bright enough that I can work them into spring/summer fits too if I do it right.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by Digital Native View Post

Just got my first pair of boat shoes and am figuring out how to incorporate it in work fits.

These burnt orange chinos were bought for autumn, but I figure they are bright enough that I can work them into spring/summer fits too if I do it right.
                            👌👌👌👌👌👌👊👊👊👊👊👊. Perfect!!!! The fit of the chinos and button up are very good.
                            I>0<I

Comment

Looks great, man! There's some complexity going on with what's on your wrists, but for some reason I don't feel like it's detracting from the look. How long have you had the boat shoes for? If they're not new, they look really well maintained.

Originally posted by Digital Native View Post

I'm digging it. Very simple color set, but the look is very crisp with the white shirt.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by Vare View Post
                                Looks great, man! There's some complexity going on with what's on your wrists, but for some reason I don't feel like it's detracting from the look. How long have you had the boat shoes for? If they're not new, they look really well maintained.

I'm digging it. Very simple color set, but the look is very crisp with the white shirt.
                                [MENTION=7089]Vare[/MENTION], thanks man. Yea I def have a lot of wrist action going. The green band is from an initiative at my church; so I hardly ever take it off. The boats were bought last spring. I try to keep them maintained but I don't baby them.
                                Last edited by MaxMan; May 7, 2014, 10:24 AM.
                                I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                                X