X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Smart casual for Easter brunch....

JCF jacket, Target shirt, Nantucket yellow silk D-ring belt (not shown), Levi's 511 jeans, Sebago boat shoes in Horween Chromexcel, Tissot Visodate (not shown).
    Was this before or after the brunch?

(The jacket is pulling pretty badly around your waist...)

Comment

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about what pulling "pretty badly" looks like. It's a matter of taste to some degree, but I personally prefer the way a jacket fits when it gives a slight Tom Ford-esque "X" around the waist, a la:

Ben

Comment

I'm digging those boat shoes Ben.

Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

Happy Easter gents!
          http://i.imgur.com/Tp8zrB4.jpg

Jacket: JCP
          Shirt: Nordstrom trim fit
          Tie: Tommy Hilfiger silk knit
          Pants: Joe Fresh chino
          Shoes: Walnut strands
          Watch: Citizen

Comment

I agree! And your jacket looks great to me, LBD.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about what pulling "pretty badly" looks like. It's a matter of taste to some degree, but I personally prefer the way a jacket fits when it gives a slight Tom Ford-esque "X" around the waist, a la:

Comment

It's a matter of taste to some degree, but I personally prefer the way a jacket fits when it gives a slight Tom Ford-esque "X" around the waist
              Same for me. Any jacket I wear that doesn't have a small X usually looks like I am wearing a sack.

Comment

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
                Same for me. Any jacket I wear that doesn't have a small X usually looks like I am wearing a sack.
                I find the same for me. It also depends on how you're standing. Honestly, I probably have a couple blazers that (by internet style forum "analysts") are too tight, some that are too loose, and maybe one that's just right. I don't sweat it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by phatte View Post
                  I find the same for me. It also depends on how you're standing. Honestly, I probably have a couple blazers that (by internet style forum "analysts") are too tight, some that are too loose, and maybe one that's just right. I don't sweat it too much.
                  TITCR. Not to mention, I don't know anyone who stays exactly the same size 24/7/365. If you wind up having it a little too tight some days and a little too loose others, that probably means it's the right size.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    TITCR. Not to mention, I don't know anyone who stays exactly the same size 24/7/365. If you wind up having it a little too tight some days and a little too loose others, that probably means it's the right size.
                    Yep. I swear sometimes a shirt feels great when I go to work in the morning, and after lunch I feel like the Hulk ready to bust out of it.

Comment

I'm with you guys on the jacket sizing. No such thing as a perfect fit, but I prefer a tad snug to baggy. Keeps me motivated to eat right too.

Here's today. Could be for the Friday Challenge also.

Comment

Smart casual for Easter brunch....

JCF jacket, Target shirt, Nantucket yellow silk D-ring belt (not shown), Levi's 511 jeans, Sebago boat shoes in Horween Chromexcel, Tissot Visodate (not shown).
                        Nice fit [MENTION=2000]Ben[/MENTION]R. I am one for the x effect. If you look at the lapel sitting flat on Bens chest means fit is good. Also it's not forced and no tugging at the shoulders.
                        "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                        I>0<I

Comment

Thought I would give this boat shoes and sport coat thing a go.

Last edited by zcm; April 22, 2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                            Thought I would give this boat shoes and sport coat thing a go.

Looks good, especially that shirt. Details?

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                              Looks good, especially that shirt. Details?
                              Thanks.

Jacket: JCF oxford (same as BenR)
                              Shirt: BR Tailored slim
                              Pants: JCF summer chinos in narrow
                              Shoes: AO Sperry's
                              Watch: Timex Weekender

Comment

Still working on the bathroom, but nearly done.

Comment

Working...
                                X