X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    yinz ...
    Watch: Timex Weekender
    Glad to see I'm not the only one still using that colloquialism. Also really liking the pop of that blue Weekender with this outfit. Nice work.

Comment

WIWT

And here's another ...

Thinking this might replace my Friday challenge entry.

VERY NICE [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], really like the faux sans socks look. These blue suede bluchers are perfect spring/summer look!
      Last edited by MaxMan; April 14, 2014, 09:12 AM.
      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by rlriii13 View Post
        Glad to see I'm not the only one still using that colloquialism.
        Haha. Did my undergrad at CMU and moved back to the Pittsburgh last august. I find that it slips out from time to time.
        [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION] thanks. I'm a big fan of them. Looking forward to breaking them out for the next sunny day.

Comment

WIWT

Spring is here in full effect in MA

74 degrees today

I>0<I

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=11889]TarheelDan[/MENTION] nice. What is that shirt? Not sure if it is brand new, you are fantastic at pressing collars, or if is just a great shirt but I have trouble getting my collars to look that crisp.

I like the outfit except I would have probably went for a solid white PS depending on where I was going since there is a lot going on with the stripes and the tie. That's just me though.

Comment

[MENTION=11889]TarheelDan[/MENTION]I would have probably went for a solid white PS
                Thank you for the feedback, and I agree! I was thinking the same thing as I was posting these.

The shirt, and the suit were made by the tailor I've been going to since 2004 in Bangkok (Narry).

Comment

[MENTION=11889]TarheelDan[/MENTION]I like the outfit except I would have probably went for a solid white PS depending on where I was going since there is a lot going on with the stripes and the tie. That's just me though.
                  Agreed. Combined with the striped silk tie, it looks a little department store/Mens Wearhouse. I find solid silk squares to have very limited usefulness.

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelDan View Post
                    [MENTION=11889]TarheelDan[/MENTION], looking like a well dressed Secret Service Agent lol...Agree with the PS comments...but great look overall. I wish I could just go overseas and have suits made...Im Jelly...
                    I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      I find solid silk squares to have very limited usefulness.
                      I think I might soon find this to be true (just started buying pocket squares). I don't like busy ones, not in the least, so probably dots and very simple patterns are where I'll end up.

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                      [MENTION=11889]TarheelDan[/MENTION]I wish I could just go overseas and have suits made...Im Jelly...
                      I'm lucky my folks live in Bangkok - so it's good family time at Christmas that happens to also be an opportunity to have some nice clothes made for very little scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelDan View Post
                        I think I might soon find this to be true (just started buying pocket squares). I don't like busy ones, not in the least, so probably dots and very simple patterns are where I'll end up.
                        i find the only pocket squares worth using are solid white ones and crazy looking ones. for me, it needs to pop or it's not worth wearing

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                          i find the only pocket squares worth using are solid white ones and crazy looking ones
                          Interesting point. I'll try to keep an open mind, but I don't think that's me.

Here's WIWT. I've instituted new rules where a) I can't wear a shirt to work again until I've worn all of the other ones first, and b) that I have to wear a tie with it. This is quite a challenge, as I bought a lot of striped shirts that I never intended to wear with a tie - and now I have to figure out a way to make it at least passable for the day. Hoping I'll learn something from this, and I'll have the photos to reflect on later.

Comment

Nice stories. What else ya got?

Comment

I'm interested in what you guys (yinz) think about this one. Black shoes (especially black balmorals) don't seem to be well liked around here or at least rarely worn. These are Boardrooms (JAB Park Aves). I got them in the 2 for 250 Shoebank sale. I didn't have any black balmorals so I figured I should snag a pair. As I was getting ready I thought why not bust them out finally. IMO they look very conservative, but still sleek. What do you guys think? The rest of the outfit too informal for them?
                              Last edited by zcm; April 16, 2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I think it looks very nice [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION]. Fit is good. Shoes look great IMO. I know black bals get a bad wrap here but still see no reason why they can't be worn outside of formal events.
                                I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                                X