X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Looking good, V.

Comment

Driving and using a cell phone? Shame on you.

Comment

You and your wife make a beautiful couple Vicious.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by JGL View Post
            I was using it for navigation purposes.

Comment

Good styles all around, Vic. Last pic is in Austin, no? Mount Bonnell? What brought you down there?

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                Uh oh. I didn't see that. NOT looking so good, V.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                  Good styles all around, Vic. Last pic is in Austin, no? Mount Bonnell? What brought you down there?
                  Good catch. That was a while ago. My wife wanted to take me to Austin for a day or two. We're moving to Houston soon so I'll get plenty of opportunities to see Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and anything else within 3-4 hours of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Good catch. That was a while ago. My wife wanted to take me to Austin for a day or two. We're moving to Houston soon so I'll get plenty of opportunities to see Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and anything else within 3-4 hours of us.
                    That's right -- personally, I imagine you'll be spending most of those trips in Austin as opposed to the others, but I'm biased. SA is good for a day, maybe two, but I quickly ran out of things to do/see. Dallas can be nice, but it isn't as much of a change from big city when coming from Houston. Hill country in the area surround Austin is also pretty nice. Also, Lockhart for BBQ. You can thank me later.

Comment

Maybe I'm partial, but Dallas is my favorite city in Texas. That being said, [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] is right that it's not different enough from Houston to make it worth visiting. Otherwise, there's little reason to come here unless you have kids and want to go to Six Flags. You can spend a single day in San Antonio to hit up the river walk and the Alamo. The hill country can be really nice in the spring, and you can build a fun weekend out of visiting wineries and soaking in live Texas country music if you know where to go and plan it out in advance.

Comment

A special WIWT for me today. It's Fred Rogers' birthday. He would've been 86 today. The man meant a lot to me and still does. And now as a father, his messages mean even more to me.

Each year on his birthday, people are asked to wear a sweater to remember him.

Calibrate trim shirt
                        J Crew cardigan
                        J Crew tie
                        Orient watch
                        BR charcoal pants
                        AE Bourbon McCallisters

Comment

His messages are your father??? Looks good by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            That's right -- personally, I imagine you'll be spending most of those trips in Austin as opposed to the others, but I'm biased. SA is good for a day, maybe two, but I quickly ran out of things to do/see. Dallas can be nice, but it isn't as much of a change from big city when coming from Houston. Hill country in the area surround Austin is also pretty nice. Also, Lockhart for BBQ. You can thank me later.
                            I ate at SaltLick out near Austin and I can't see anything being much better than that.

Originally posted by alan View Post
                            Maybe I'm partial, but Dallas is my favorite city in Texas. That being said, [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] is right that it's not different enough from Houston to make it worth visiting. Otherwise, there's little reason to come here unless you have kids and want to go to Six Flags. You can spend a single day in San Antonio to hit up the river walk and the Alamo. The hill country can be really nice in the spring, and you can build a fun weekend out of visiting wineries and soaking in live Texas country music if you know where to go and plan it out in advance.
                            I have cousins near Dallas as does she so we'll probably be visiting there quite a bit just for that reason. We'll probably visit hill country at some point but it won't measure up to spring or fall in VA so it's not high on my priority list.

Comment

I have cousins near Dallas as does she so we'll probably be visiting there quite a bit just for that reason. We'll probably visit hill country at some point but it won't measure up to spring or fall in VA so it's not high on my priority list.
                              If you're going to be out this way, anyway, check out the Dallas Arts District (Dallas, Museum of Art, Nasher Sculpture Center, Winspear Opera House, Meyerson Symphony Center, etc.) and the Dallas Arboretum. We also have a lot of good restaurants by famous chefs.

And I know what you mean about VA in the fall, but they don't have Luckenbach, TX. ;-)

Comment

I ate at SaltLick out near Austin and I can't see anything being much better than that.
                                SaltLick is great, but Lockhart is more historical -- many of the BBQ joints have been around for ages, and there are 3-4 or so that are all within a few blocks of each other, so it's fun to take a trip and try out a little at each.

Comment

Working...
                                X