Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just shave it entirely. Trust me on this, please.

Comment

http://betterwithabeard.tumblr.com/

Beards can cover up imperfections of the skin, wrinkles, aging, extra weight, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
        http://betterwithabeard.tumblr.com/

Beards can cover up imperfections of the skin, wrinkles, aging, extra weight, etc.
        I don't see one example on that link where "with beard" looks better.

Comment

its a matter of opinion. David Schwimmer looks much less like a weak chinned wuss with a beard. I use mine to cover up my pointy and oddly long chin. That and I think it looks good on me in general

Comment

Okay, well, whatever. I tried. When it's starts to go grey, though, that's when it can really, really age you.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
              Okay, well, whatever. I tried. When it's starts to go grey, though, that's when it can really, really age you.
              I understand. I've already got some whitening at the temples and in places in the beard. I'm ok with that for now.

Comment

I don't see one example on that link where "with beard" looks better.
                Ryan Gosling. End of argument.

(obviously this is intended to be a joke, btw)

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                  Ryan Gosling. End of argument.

(obviously this is intended to be a joke, btw)
                  obviously, because everyone knows he's more attractive without.

Comment

In my case, I regard this as a feature, rather than a bug.

Comment

Beard comb-over, do it:

Comment

Best. Hair. Ever.

Comment

Personally, I've tried to wear some of my dress shirts without a jacket, and I never like where the collar ends up at the end of the day. (Likewise, if I have a sportcoat on, but no tie, I don't like where the collar sits.) To fix this, I've worn OCBDs.
                          have you tried wurkin stiffs, [MENTION=11047]marathon[/MENTION]? There are also cheaper alternatives that you can grab on Amazon. I use to have the same issue with hating my collars on dress shirts and these really fixed both of these issues.

Comment

Here's my St. Pat's WIWT: http://i.imgur.com/UMX1buJ.jpg

Jacket: BR Double-Faced Wool
                            PS: Thrifted Blackwatch
                            Shirt: Express Mint Green
                            Pants: BR Loden Heather (very dark green-black)
                            Socks: Pantherella
                            Shoes: AE Strands

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
                              have you tried wurkin stiffs, [MENTION=11047]marathon[/MENTION]? There are also cheaper alternatives that you can grab on Amazon. I use to have the same issue with hating my collars on dress shirts and these really fixed both of these issues.
                              Yep, I made my own, but in the end, I think an OCBD looks better with a more casual fabric and the button-down collars are supposed to be attached, vs. cheating with magnets (that's not very classy or classic).

Comment

This thread has been pretty slow lately and I haven't been contributing much to it either since my photographer (wife) usually gets out of work too late to take pics of me like she used to. I was going through her FB and saw some pics from the last few months that I figured I could post up. She loves pics and selfies.

Comment

Working...
                                X