• Show
Clear All

Lookin' sharp, everybody.

Comment

Friday Challenge Cross Post.

Comment

Originally posted by ploneal78 View Post

too blue I guess. :/
        So I'm going to critique myself and I'd like some feedback if you dont mind.

1. Too much blue
        2. Pants fit like crap (in fairness they are like 2 sizes too large, my old 'skinny' fat pants)
        3. Shirt fits fine
        4. Needs more watch
        5. I need a haircut

Any other thoughts?

Comment

1. Too much blue
          2. Pants fit like crap (in fairness they are like 2 sizes too large, my old 'skinny' fat pants)
          3. Shirt fits fine
          4. Needs more watch
          5. I need a haircut

Any other thoughts?
          To address your self-critique:

1.) It's a lot of blue, but it would be ok if they were different shades. It's only start because the jeans and shirt are similar. If you had darker jeans, this wouldn't be an issue.
          2.) Yeah, they're pretty baggy. But I have some old ones that I wear sometimes, too. "You dance with who brought you." It's something you can address the next time you go jean shopping. Sounds like you already identified the issue.
          3.) The shirt fit is ok. It's not so noticeable that a jacket couldn't cover it, but the collar circumference looks like it's pretty big if you were to button it all the way up. The collar circumference is often used as a proxy for how large the rest of the shirt will be so you may want to look at finding shirts that are the right collar size. (If I'm wrong, ignore this advice.)
          4.) The collar is flimsy. Adding some 50-cent plastic collar stays would help. Or better yet, if it's a casual shirt then I'm a big fan of button down collars.

Comment

1. Too much blue
            3. Shirt fits fine
            4. Needs more watch
            5. I need a haircut

Any other thoughts?
            The collar is messy. Can you use stays or are they not removeable? Personally, I've tried to wear some of my dress shirts without a jacket, and I never like where the collar ends up at the end of the day. (Likewise, if I have a sportcoat on, but no tie, I don't like where the collar sits.) To fix this, I've worn OCBDs. The button down collar helps keep the look clean and not sloppy. Right now your shirt is in 'sloppy' territory.

I don't wear a watch and aren't really interested in them, though perhaps that will change at some point. I don't mind the pants for out of the office, but in the office, I think you're right that a slimmer cut would be better. I also think the wash tends to be more casual/evening/weekend vs. office. Instead go for a darker wash -- I like my Levi 514's and am not a denim head at all.

Cut your hair if you want but you'd better be kind to that beard!

Comment

Yeah the collar is shitty looking. Collar stays are a must. The neck actually fits fine, not too loose at all. Like i say, the jeans are actually one of my older pair (Denizen ftw!) that have withstood me working in them, but they were from when I was like 60 lbs heavier. In the future I'm going with a slimmer fit.

I need to get my haircut, but dont worry, the beard stays.

Also, I have a massive forehead.

Comment

Also, I have a massive forehead.
                Agree on the forehead, maybe try a size down?

Comment

Can the beard not go?

Comment

I was hoping to go a size up on hairline, possibly 2. That might be cheaper and yield the same effect

Comment

I was hoping to go a size up on hairline, possibly 2. That might be cheaper and yield the same effect
                      Agree, something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                        Can the beard not go?
                        wat.

Dude, its a beard, and its red. Of course it cant go. That and it covers my ugly face, somewhat.

Side note - For some reason I always look like I havent slept in like a week. Last flight I went on, the airline wanted me to check those bags. (crickets...)

Comment

Maybe I'll just grow my beard really long for the ultimate combover. Thats stylish, right?

Comment

1. Too much blue
                            3. Shirt fits fine
                            4. Needs more watch
                            5. I need a haircut

Any other thoughts?
                            This would be a good outfit if you exchanged the jeans for a different pair in a dark shade. The collar can be fixed with plastic stays or an iron, but I don't really consider that an issue. The hair, well, don't be so critical of yourself. It looks fine to me. If anything, the beard needs more growth.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

It's not hard to find inexpensive jeans that look good. I'd check out Gap, Levi's (through the online store), and Uniqlo. Gap has frequent 30-40% off sales, bringing their jeans down to Target levels. Levi's 514 tumbled rigid jeans are frequently $44 + whatever discount you can find using coupons. Uniqlo are more expensive at $50.

Comment

Okay. I'd shave then. No matter how old a guy is, a beard always makes you look older. Plus when you're clean shaven, you can do that 2-3 day rugged stubble look once in a while.

wat.

Dude, its a beard, and its red. Of course it cant go. That and it covers my ugly face, somewhat.

Side note - For some reason I always look like I havent slept in like a week. Last flight I went on, the airline wanted me to check those bags. (crickets...)

Comment

I just trimmed the beard today, in anticipation of a weekend trip next week. It will fill out a touch and look better.

Comment

Working...
                                X