Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC, I'm so jealous of all the great finds you seem to have from thrifting, and the way you put suits and tie combos together really make for some sweet outfits

Comment

@Pitt_10 thanks! Yeah, thrifting has become more like a lifestyle and I'm always on the hunt.

Comment

JC - I agree with Alan - the scarf combo is powerful. Sometimes not tying is the best knot. ;-)

I stayed away from the chinos for no particular reason...just liked the dark look with dark denim. Also wanted to save the chinos for tomorrow in case I get a good interview to dress up for. Remember - my industry is really low key. I wouldn't wear a suit unless I were going to the national headquarters.

Comment

I've noticed a number of you guys wearing those Florsheim longwings -- the Veblen/Havilands. How are they holding up for you guys?

Seeing some of these outfits is like looking in the mirror.

Comment

Too much? My GF didn't like it, but it's a casual Friday and I wanted to have fun... Sorry for the crappy pics

SC: Pendleton Blackwatch, thrifted

Sweater: J Crew Merino wool

Shirt: Michael Kors, magenta checked

Pants: Banana Republic cotton dress pants, thrifted

Socks: TopMan

Shoes: Eastland Seneca boots

Comment

Casual Friday:

Blazer: H&M 3-button Navy blue with brass buttons for $25

Shirt: Scotch & Soda off Guilt for $29

Tie: LEC special for $8

Pin: Gold elephant thrifted from eBay for $5

Bracelet: Kiel James Patrick Triton Knot Collection

Shoes: Gieves & Hawkes Brown Suede with UO red laces

Pants: H&M special $10

Comment

@JC: I'm not sure the term "too much" ever really applies to you because you always manage to pull it off. I like the jacket. Might as well wear that stuff while you can. It'll be warming up soon enough. Heck I took the day off today, and I was running errands in shorts!

@Ryan: Does that jacket close? It looks like it's a close call. I like how trim the arms are, though. I like the red laces, too. I'm not a fan of burnished suede, but that's just a personal preference. There wouldn't be a million burnished suede shoes out there if they weren't popular.

Comment

Yes, the jacket does close but you are right - out of all the jackets I own, this is the closest call. I bought the boots under the influence of Dappered; my enthusiasm for burnished suede is similar to yours though I couldn't resist the $49 price tag.

Comment

Ryan--I have that tie as well. Always fun to break it out.

Comment

Seems like Nicholas and myself are still trying to make the Merona Khaki Blazer. Does this work?

Jacket: Merona Kensington Blazer

Sweater: Old Navy

Shirt: Gap

Jeans: LEC

PocketSquare: Merona

Shoes: AE Black Hills

Comment

Acousticfoodie - my favorite combo with the khaki thus far. With the size of the sleeves, I've had good luck wearing full-on sweaters underneath the blazer, but I'm cautious of using a thin cotton texture over a heavier fabric below.

I've got some shots with the navy blazer that I'll try to post soon.

Comment

@Acoustic: Someone finally found a good use for that spare hankie in the Merona 3-pack! :-) I've seen it pop up a few times, but this is the first one I've actually liked. That Merona jacket is also draping much better than I've seen in a lot of other pictures. Of course, with shoes like that, nobody's looking at the jacket. :-)

Comment

My rotation. Top = casual. Bottom = work.

Comment

@bruschetta: What are those in the top left corner?

Comment

Alan, they're Allen Edmond McTavish's: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4035_1_40000000001_-1

All of these shoes look much nicer in person. This was taken on my phone's camera.

The front shoes are AE Strands, McAllisters, and Fifth Avenues.

Comment

Working...
                                X