Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Brent k View Post
    How does the LE Oilcloth jacket run? They only have Medium and I usually wear a 40R blazer
    I had to size down 1 in it. Glad I got mine when I did since I haven't seen a size Small on there in the last year. Mine is the Dark Rust color. I normally wear a 38R blazer so it's possible that the S could be too tight for you. I'm 5'7"-5'8" and you can see where the sleeves are on my pic. If your'e any taller than that, the sleeves most likely will be too short for you. Try the M since you don't have much to lose. You can always take it to a local Sears and return it if it doesn't fit.

    Comment


      Some days are favorite days. Today is one. Fave shirt, jeans, and current fave jacket. Keeping it very casual today.



      Shirt - Izod
      Jeans - 501 STF
      Jacket - Stafford Prep Waxed
      Boots - Evander 2

      Got everything cheaply. The 501s were unworn and unwashed at a consignment store for $16. Shirt was $10 at TJ Maxx.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        I had to size down 1 in it. Glad I got mine when I did since I haven't seen a size Small on there in the last year. Mine is the Dark Rust color. I normally wear a 38R blazer so it's possible that the S could be too tight for you. I'm 5'7"-5'8" and you can see where the sleeves are on my pic. If your'e any taller than that, the sleeves most likely will be too short for you. Try the M since you don't have much to lose. You can always take it to a local Sears and return it if it doesn't fit.
        Medium should work then. Do they sell them at sears? I have one locally. I'm a bigger end of a 40R so I should be good.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Foxblood View Post
          I wear a 44R blazer and I ordered a medium and it fits great! Normally I order a large in almost everything but the LE Oilcloth most certainly runs large.
          Could you post measurements of the M?

          Comment




            Is this too much pattern?

            Sport coat: Brooks Brothers
            Shirt: Brooks Brothers
            Tie: JCrew Factory wool tie
            Sweater vest: Brooks Brothers
            Pocket square: Drake's

            Comment


              Nice blazer. I think it's 1 pattern too much. I would have gone with a plain pocket square or a really abstract one like some of the Drake's ones.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
                Vass suede today:
                Those look amazing. One suggestion on the shot, though: back up slightly, turn your camera from your shoes to the piano, then take the picture.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by LCDR View Post

                  Is this too much pattern?

                  Sport coat: Brooks Brothers
                  Shirt: Brooks Brothers
                  Tie: JCrew Factory wool tie
                  Sweater vest: Brooks Brothers
                  Pocket square: Drake's
                  I reeeeeally like that jacket.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
                    Vass suede today:
                    I don't own a single pair of suede shoes, but shots like this make me want some.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      Nice blazer. I think it's 1 pattern too much. I would have gone with a plain pocket square or a really abstract one like some of the Drake's ones.
                      Agreed, I think its the windowpane check shirt and/or the pocket square that's distracting me. That said, its still a nice look - digging the tie, sweater, jacket combo - and that is a great jacket!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by LCDR View Post

                        Is this too much pattern?

                        Sport coat: Brooks Brothers
                        Shirt: Brooks Brothers
                        Tie: JCrew Factory wool tie
                        Sweater vest: Brooks Brothers
                        Pocket square: Drake's
                        Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Nice blazer. I think it's 1 pattern too much. I would have gone with a plain pocket square or a really abstract one like some of the Drake's ones.
                        I think it works except for the pocket square. Folding the square adds another grid-like pattern which I think is one too many with the other 2 (SC, shirt) you already have. Is the square silk? Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever folded any of my patterned silk squares, I always puff. With such a heavy tweed a wool/silk abstract or designed square would work well. An ancient madder paisley would be perfect, which is why I think it's probably the most versatile square one can own. Something like this one?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
                          ... and take a pic of the piano?
                          Man, I knew that was a Steinway! The previous picture made it look like an upright, I've never seen one of those. Beautiful instrument.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
                            Thanks! The serial # dates it from 1896. It was bought new by my wife's great-great-grandmother and been in her family ever since. It's huge for an upright.
                            Do you own anything ordinary? (Only half kidding.)

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Siepi View Post
                              Those look amazing. One suggestion on the shot, though: back up slightly, turn your camera from your shoes to the piano, then take the picture.
                              Absolutely gorgeous shoes Fred!! I've been waiting for a pic of those ever since you received them and said they looked better in person than on NMWA's site!

                              Comment


                                LCDR: That jacket is gorgeous, and agree w/ everyone about the PS.
                                Vicious: I really like your casual looks. My LE Oilcloth is also breaking in really well. The tan color I got is taking on some awesome creases and lightening/darkening in different spots. Like you, I've really put it to the test, wearing it in rain and heavy snow and while shoveling. What a steal at ~$80! The sleeves are a bit short on me as I have long arms, but the chest (S) fits great. I keep saying I'll post a picture of it but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
                                Fred: Maybe it's because I just got home from a very long shift but I could eat those shoes right now. That suede looks so dense and rich. I could go for some chocolate cake right now. I hope my RL Slatons are half as nice as those!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X