This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninpb View Post

It's either the weight loss or I am preferring slimmer pants, but I think it's time for me to go slimmer with my pants. They just look baggy in my eyes now.

Do you guys think the black boots go with the outfit or are you left with a feeling of, "it could be better with brown shoes"?

coat - stafford
    shirt - jcp
    pants - banana emerson
    shoes - ae black promontory boots
    Not too baggy but too long. Creates multiple breaks. Shorten them.

Comment

Oh Gilligan! So turns out I picked the straight fit chinos out of my closet today which i hardly wear any more.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
        Cross-post from the Friday Challenge
        I like everything about this outfit but the cuff is a little large. I would suggest rolling twice so it is that same length just less of the inner denim exposed.

Comment

MarkB - That jacket fits you way better than it fit me. Definitely the right choice for me to keep the Small and you to get the Medium.

This was taken a few days ago.

henley - FrenchConnection
          cardigan - BR
          pants - Gustin
          coat - LE
          shoes - Alden

Comment

Originally posted by jmp4080 View Post
            I like everything about this outfit but the cuff is a little large. I would suggest rolling twice so it is that same length just less of the inner denim exposed.
            Thanks, and I agree re the cuff. The cuff is actually rolled 3 times as it is. That's my only complaint with Gustins. The 34 waist only comes in a 36 inseam, but I normally wear a 30. Gonna have to tough it out for a bit before I wash them, then I'm gonna hem them for no cuff. I could fit the 33 waist (which has a 34 inseam and I could make a smaller cuff), but it wasn't gonna work in the seat/crotch.

@vicious-- Thanks. I am really liking it. I had my mother-in-law shorten the sleeves an inch, but otherwise I think it fits great. I think I've worn it every day since I got it. Layered with a lambswool sweater, I wore it in the low 20s and yesterday with a lightweight shirt in the high 30s (in the morning).
            Last edited by MarkB; February 19, 2014, 08:58 AM.
            Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

With Gustin, I wash them right away and get them hemmed. I guess that means I miss out on the streaks and fading of selvage denim. Oh well.

Comment

Big fan of that outfit Vicious, well done.

Comment

Thanks. I saw a henley under a cardigan look on a blog somewhere so I decided to give it a go. It was cold though so the jacket ends up covering a lot of it up.

That LE oilcloth jacket is breaking in nicely since I've been using it when it's been snowing and I'm outside shoveling and carrying stuff from the car to the house when we were redoing our bathroom. I still baby my Barbour Bedale but I need to stop doing that so I can have that one break in too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    With Gustin, I wash them right away and get them hemmed. I guess that means I miss out on the streaks and fading of selvage denim. Oh well.
                    How do you wash yours? I'm just curious, because I've seen so many different methods with raw denim.
                    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                      How do you wash yours? I'm just curious, because I've seen so many different methods with raw denim.
                      I've washed them the same way I'd wash anything else - warm water and toss them in the dryer. I do turn them inside out and wash them alone the 1st few times so the dye doesn't bleed on to anything else. I've done it to 3 pairs of Gustins now and the color comes out looking almost the same as before I washed them. The inseam does shrink about an inch. I do think it prohibits me from getting streaks and fading though which I kind of now wish I had 1 pair that I hadn't washed just to see how it would have turned out.

Comment

Thanks. I saw a henley under a cardigan look on a blog somewhere so I decided to give it a go. It was cold though so the jacket ends up covering a lot of it up.

That LE oilcloth jacket is breaking in nicely since I've been using it when it's been snowing and I'm outside shoveling and carrying stuff from the car to the house when we were redoing our bathroom. I still baby my Barbour Bedale but I need to stop doing that so I can have that one break in too.
                        That's your LE oilcloth jacket? I totally thought you were wearing your Bedale... BTW, I ended up purchasing the Bedale back when Macys had it on sale (if I remember, you shared that one so thanks). Loving it so far! I remember you purchased a hood for yours... have you thought about one of the zip in liners?

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                          That's your LE oilcloth jacket? I totally thought you were wearing your Bedale... BTW, I ended up purchasing the Bedale back when Macys had it on sale (if I remember, you shared that one so thanks). Loving it so far! I remember you purchased a hood for yours... have you thought about one of the zip in liners?
                          My Bedale is black. It's not quite as warm as the LE jacket so on colder days I usually go with the LE. I can get the Bedale to be as warm but I have to wear a quilted vest underneath it. I never got the Barbour zip-in liner for it but did pick up a vest from JCF for about $30 that works great at about 1/3 of the price of the Barbour vest.

And yeah, that was me that shared the Macys link. Glad it worked out for you. What size did you ultimately end up going with?

Comment

My Bedale is black. It's not quite as warm as the LE jacket so on colder days I usually go with the LE. I can get the Bedale to be as warm but I have to wear a quilted vest underneath it. I never got the Barbour zip-in liner for it but did pick up a vest from JCF for about $30 that works great at about 1/3 of the price of the Barbour vest.

And yeah, that was me that shared the Macys link. Glad it worked out for you. What size did you ultimately end up going with?
                            I ended up going TTS on it (40 when I typically wear 40R blazers). I googled some pictures and thought it looked too awkward when people obviously sized down and had way too short of arms. It allows me a full range of movement as-is, and the shoulders and sleeves fit perfectly. It's admittedly a bit roomy in the waist, but still looks fine. When I'm inclined down the road, I can always send it in and have the body slimmed a bit. Considering the discount I received, I'll still be at or below regular price with that alteration.

Comment

How does the LE Oilcloth jacket run? They only have Medium and I usually wear a 40R blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                                How does the LE Oilcloth jacket run? They only have Medium and I usually wear a 40R blazer
                                I wear a 44R blazer and I ordered a medium and it fits great! Normally I order a large in almost everything but the LE Oilcloth most certainly runs large.

Comment

Working...
                                X