Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Here we go. The spots are on the mirror, not on me. It's an old suit and not the best fit, but I like the ensemble.



    Suit: Tommy Hilfiger - grey pinstripe (not sure if you can see it)
    Shirt: Lands End - white spread collar
    Tie: Geoffrey Beene - red/black paisley
    Belt: Daniel Cremieux - black/brown reversible croc print
    Shoes (not shown): AE Hamptons - brown (as seen in the "Unusual shoes that you actually wear" thread)
    Coat (not shown): Stafford - camel overcoat
    Last edited by alan; February 12, 2014, 10:48 AM.

    Comment


      Haven't participated in the forums regularly in awhile. Trying to get back into the habit:



      LEvi/bonobos/AE/JC

      Comment


        Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
        Haven't participated in the forums regularly in awhile. Trying to get back into the habit:

        LEvi/bonobos/AE/JC
        Yeah, where you been?! Is the bag Filson? Good look.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          Yeah, where you been?! Is the bag Filson? Good look.
          I've just been busy focusing on work, getting certifications and etc. It's good to see the same people are still here. And apparently vicious has like 100+ shoes now or something o_O It is a filson clone from Jcrew.

          Comment


            Ha! Not that many pairs of shoes. I just turn over inventory a lot. I'll have to take some updated pics here shortly of what I currently have.

            I haven't been posting as much in this thread since my wife usually comes home after it's already dark out. The pics with artificial lighting inside never turn out very well. I'll start posting more pics when the days start getting longer again.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
              I've just been busy focusing on work, getting certifications and etc. It's good to see the same people are still here. And apparently vicious has like 100+ shoes now or something o_O It is a filson clone from Jcrew.
              Not that the new group aren't awesome and welcome but it's cool to see you, alan, bruschetta, shad0w, and everyone else I forgot still posting here.
              Last edited by LosRockets; February 13, 2014, 12:20 AM.

              Comment


                X-post from the Friday Challenge thread:

                Jacket: Bonobos
                Shirt: Bonobos
                Tie: J Crew Factory
                Pants: BR
                Shoes: AE
                Pocket square: Lands End Canvas
                Tie bar: The Tie Bar
                Watch: Timex/Form Function Form

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                  Haven't participated in the forums regularly in awhile. Trying to get back into the habit:

                  LEvi/bonobos/AE/JC
                  Sharp as usual. Good to see you back around!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by acousticfoodie View Post
                    haven't participated in the forums regularly in awhile. Trying to get back into the habit:

                    levi/bonobos/ae/jc
                    SO CONFUSED, where is stool?!?!

                    Comment


                      I take horrible pictures as I don't have a good full length mirror. Here is my first WIWT post.




                      Shirt : polo by RL
                      Tie: RLPL
                      Tie clip: eBay generic
                      Suit: vintage grey flannel HSM
                      Cufflinks: Paul Smith
                      Socks: wool/cashmere Marc Jacobs
                      Shoes: Johnston Murphy wingtips
                      Watch: Rolex 1601 datejust whitegold/stainless
                      Overcoat: Cole Haan

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                        I take horrible pictures as I don't have a good full length mirror. Here is my first WIWT post.



                        Shirt : polo by RL
                        Tie: RLPL
                        Tie clip: eBay generic
                        Suit: vintage grey flannel HSM
                        Cufflinks: Paul Smith
                        Socks: wool/cashmere Marc Jacobs
                        Shoes: Johnston Murphy wingtips
                        Watch: Rolex 1601 datejust whitegold/stainless
                        Overcoat: Cole Haan
                        Looks warm (and good)! My only points of constructive feedback would be 1) it looks like you could use some collar stays in that shirt; 2) you should tighten up that tie; 3) it's hard to tell from the angle, but those pants look like they could be a little baggy. I love the material on that suit, though.

                        Comment


                          My metal stays were too long for that shirt, only flimsy plastic ones would fit in it.

                          For a pricey tie I was unhappy with the knot. The half Windsor never came of right and I was pretty mad with it the entire day. I fiddled with it over the course of the day 830-430 this was taken at 500 when my patience was up!

                          Pretty sure it is just the picture. I do keep my pants as a full break not a huge fan of the no break look on winter suits. Next time I wear it I'll get a good full shot. Vintage flannel is awesome it was a custom suit made in 1980 as written in the pants pocket. Warm as hell soft as pajamas.

                          Comment


                            Have you tried the Pratt knot? I've had good luck with that one.

                            Comment


                              No never have. I got so fed up this morning I went to a four in hand and went out the door. I'll you tube it and try it out!

                              Comment


                                The day I notice that I'm getting hung up on tie knots is the day I call it quits.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X