Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was messing around with my new MTM suits. As im saving them for my wedding I'm not gonna wear them out till then, but can't resist putting them on occasionally.

Comment

I'm long overdue for a WIWT post so here y'all go:

Overcoat: Stafford - camel (colored) wool blend
      Jacket: Lands End - donegal
      Sweater: Banana Republic - grey cashmere
      Shirt: Banana Republic - mint green w/ navy stripe
      Tie: Brooks Brother - grey/navy stripe 100% wool
      Pants (unseen): Lands End - green-brown/black houndstooth wool
      Shoes (unseen): Allen Edmonds - Bagleys in chili (pictured here)

Comment

It's been ages since I posted a WIWT. It's a drizzly day in the 30s here in College Station, hence the wool tweed, flannel pants and rubber-soled chukkas. Also, wanted to dress up a bit since Tuesday's my Monday (I work Sunday & get Mondays off); it helps me get moving.

Jacket: JCF
        Shirt: CT
        Tie: Nautica
        Square: LEC
        Pants: BR
        Socks: Target
        Shoes: AE

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          It's been ages since I posted a WIWT. It's a drizzly day in the 30s here in College Station, hence the wool tweed, flannel pants and rubber-soled chukkas. Also, wanted to dress up a bit since Tuesday's my Monday (I work Sunday & get Mondays off); it helps me get moving.
          I like your shirt/tie combo!

Comment

Great fit on that JCF blazer BJ... I received that one for Christmas and love it.

I'm guessing those are the AE Maverns too? How do you like them compared with the Amok? I just picked up the Amoks in tan suede on close out and really like the unstructured feel. I'm going to haven eyes out for a pair of Malverns though... Probably in a darker brown suede like you have. I would like a structured chukka with a rubber sole. I've heard that they run narrow and cause some pain... Did you buy your typical size, or go one wider? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
              Great fit on that JCF blazer BJ... I received that one for Christmas and love it.

I'm guessing those are the AE Maverns too? How do you like them compared with the Amok? I just picked up the Amoks in tan suede on close out and really like the unstructured feel. I'm going to haven eyes out for a pair of Malverns though... Probably in a darker brown suede like you have. I would like a structured chukka with a rubber sole. I've heard that they run narrow and cause some pain... Did you buy your typical size, or go one wider? Thanks!
              Thanks.

And yes, these are the Malverns. I have the those same Amoks in 9.5D and these Malverns are 10D. The Malverns are definitely sturdier and a bit more formal than the Amoks, given their structure. I have a little room in the toe, but not much. If I were you I would either size up half a size or go up in width.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                Thanks.

And yes, these are the Malverns. I have the those same Amoks in 9.5D and these Malverns are 10D. The Malverns are definitely sturdier and a bit more formal than the Amoks, given their structure. I have a little room in the toe, but not much. If I were you I would either size up half a size or go up in width.
                Great, thanks for the info. I'm a 9.5D typically in AE also, so that was very helpful.

Comment

Get the Malverns! I love them. I'm a size 10D in them but I typically wear 9.5D. I probably could have gone down but I'm pretty happy as is with the fit.

Also, Alan and bjmcgeever: Great job! I think the colors are a biiiit matchy w/ the PS and tie there bjmcgeever but honestly it looks really good!

Comment

Hey where's my critique

Comment

Jake, I can't get past the green shoes. I don't know whether they're a wonder or a blasphemy.

I think that the green shoes are too much when paired with the green shirt. I like either item on its own.

Comment

There we go. It's what I needed to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          I think the colors are a biiiit matchy w/ the PS and tie there bjmcgeever but honestly it looks really good!
                          Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Comment

Same blazer as Alan today! Tried to wear some things that aren't among my favorites, not sure how it turned out:

More accurate colors: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2t3brh3ovk0vgy/IMAG1884.jpg
                            Pants:

Jacket: Land's End - on the fence about selling this since the fit isn't perfect (had to get a 40R bc they were out of 38R)
                            Shirt: Nordstrom Rack
                            Tie: Cutlass and Moore ancient madder (thrift) - not in love w/ the pattern but it's kind of wintery.
                            PS: J Crew
                            Pants: Corneliani for RL
                            Shoes: C&J brown punch toe oxfords for RL

(yeah, I wear bals w/ trousers with or without an odd jacket, though usually with)

Comment

Same blazer as Alan today! Tried to wear some things that aren't among my favorites, not sure how it turned out:

Jacket: Land's End - on the fence about selling this since the fit isn't perfect (had to get a 40R bc they were out of 38R)
                              Shirt: Nordstrom Rack
                              Tie: Cutlass and Moore ancient madder (thrift) - not in love w/ the pattern but it's kind of wintery.
                              PS: J Crew
                              Pants: Corneliani for RL
                              Shoes: C&J brown punch toe oxfords for RL
                              The jacket may not be a "perfect" fit, but it looks good on you. Of course if you do decide to unload it - hit me up!

Overall a good look - not sure about the pocket square, but tough to make out the details in those pics. Would like to see the shoes!

Comment

Same blazer as Alan today!
                                Nice jacket! ;-) And you can't mention those shoes and then not show them.

Comment

Working...
                                X