This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    Unrelated but I think I had my tailor hem a bit too far on my new trousers, it's not a no-break but there's not enough break for me to feel comfortable, like I feel the pant hem moving back and forth in the air around my leg, if that makes any sense. Also I swear these (new) pants shrunk while he had them. He got a stain on them so he sent them to the cleaners (I'm upset, he didn't offer any sort of reimbursement but did get them cleaned, but I don't like stuff drycleaned if at all possible) and I'm worried they may have run the pants through the wash.

Pants are these btw: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/l...FUUV7Aod-iUATw
    Got them for $50 at J Crew during an after-Christmas sale. I'd say I have them hemmed like the model here does. Maybe I'm just not used to it?
    Yea, I wouldn't like my pants that short if they are as short as on the model in that picture, either.

On your wiwt, though, did you get your tailor to bring in the waist that much on the jacket? or was it already pretty silhouetted? I'm asking b/c I just had my (a) tailor take in the waist on some jackets and wanted a look like this, but didn't get it. I'm thinking he just didn't want to take it in that much despite my attempts to get him to. He actually said on one of them that one wouldn't want to take it in that much because the blazer was cotton and it wouldn't work. Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
      Yea, I wouldn't like my pants that short if they are as short as on the model in that picture, either.

On your wiwt, though, did you get your tailor to bring in the waist that much on the jacket? or was it already pretty silhouetted? I'm asking b/c I just had my (a) tailor take in the waist on some jackets and wanted a look like this, but didn't get it. I'm thinking he just didn't want to take it in that much despite my attempts to get him to. He actually said on one of them that one wouldn't want to take it in that much because the blazer was cotton and it wouldn't work. Thanks,
      Jacket came this way, incentive to not gain any weight. Very close to being too tight on me. I got lucky.

Comment

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
          cheers.
          Flannel Ludlow?

Comment

Yeah English tweed off ebay.

Comment

That's a nice jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                You wear a baseball cap to church?
                This made me LOL

Comment

Also, True_tech that's a solid look! The TB blazer isn't for me but aside from that it's a good sorta-dressy casual winter look, and a good example of how to do one w/o breaking the bank.
                  Thanks, I get it, the blazer is pretty busy, I got it when it was like 40 bucks and literally only wore it once at new years, it's like wear it or get rid of it at this point. Definitely right about not breaking the bank lol, I got the shirt for free for buying denim, sweater on clearance, pants on clearance, and boots on discount cause my sister worked at american eagle at the time.

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                  True_tech, really like that topcoat!
                  Thanks, this and a pair of allen edmond single monks are my best thrift finds of 2013, found it at a disabled american vets store.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    Damn, those are nice...
                    Thanks!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaant.
                    I still think those should be your next purchase if they go on sale this spring.

Comment

Entered in my first Friday Challenge:

Details:

Bonobos*, Cantarelli, CT, Norton Ditto, Barbera, AEx2
                      *in arm
                      The jacket looks amazing!

Comment

Went to a little performance at my daughter's school this morning. We were told to "dress to impress." Figured I'd post my take on that:

Jacket: J Crew Factory
                        Shirt: Ratio
                        Tie: Rooster
                        Tie bar: The Tie Bar
                        PS: Vintage/hand-me-down
                        Watch: Timex/Form Function Form
                        Pants: BR
                        Boots: Alden

Comment

Went to a little performance at my daughter's school this morning. We were told to "dress to impress." Figured I'd post my take on that:

Shomas, love that jacket. What line/fabric?

Comment

Dress to impress!? Ha ha. That could be open to very wide interpretation, couldn't it. You did well, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                              Dress to impress!? Ha ha. That could be open to very wide interpretation, couldn't it. You did well, though.
                              Thanks. Yeah, could be anything. Given the time of day (10 a.m.) and the circumstances (4 and 5 year-olds singing and "dancing"), I figured that was going to be a hard one to screw up. I just treated it as an excuse to wear a tie.

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                              Shomas, love that jacket. What line/fabric?
                              It's a J Crew Factory Thompson in tweed. Actually, I don't remember if they called it tweed, but it's tweed. It's not the highest quality fabric or construction, but it fits me well and the price was low enough that it won't be a tragedy if it gets a little beat up. It has some brown suede elbow patches, which I know some people don't like, but I think they're kinda fun.

Comment

Took the Dalton's put for their maiden voyage in the "cold" California winter today. If it's below 65 it's only appropriate I wear boots right?
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp906yel9b...2013.39.17.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X