X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    You wear a baseball cap to church?
    When I was forced to go to church I would always wear a ball cap and was always forced to take it off inside but the women could wear their hats. I've never got an answer as to why this was a rule.

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
      When I was forced to go to church I would always wear a ball cap and was always forced to take it off inside but the women could wear their hats. I've never got an answer as to why this was a rule.
      Men do not wear hats inside especially in the presence of women.

Comment

Idk teej, Miami was 80 for me. Check it ludlow

Comment

Women are impure in the sight of God because they were the temptress that caused original sin. Thus they must be made to cover their impurity when entering the house of God. The hat symbolizes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            Women are impure in the sight of God because they were the temptress that caused original sin. Thus they must be made to cover their impurity when entering the house of God. The hat symbolizes this.
            That's really the answer?! No wonder I always got "just because" when I asked.

Comment

I've never actually seen women cover their heads in church. I know that Paul mentions it in the New Testament, as it was (and still is in some communities) a Jewish practice. But I think only very conservative Christian traditions do that today. I would assume there are many different reasons people who practice that custom would give to answer that question, and there is no one answer that all of those groups would give. But I think it's a small minority these days.

Wow, the Broncos really sucked tonight. Reminds me of the blowouts against the Redskins and 49ers, except the Broncos weren't favored then. What a weird game.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                Wow, the Broncos really sucked tonight. Reminds me of the blowouts against the Redskins and 49ers, except the Broncos weren't favored then. What a weird game.
                I tried to help ya out by wearing my orange merino v-neck sweater, white OCBD, navy cords, and (orange-ish) Stafford Camlins yesterday (to church, even). Sorry, man. I'm not a Broncos fan really at all - but I was rootin' for them last night. Never expected *that* kinda performance. Wow.

Comment

Entered in my first Friday Challenge:

Details:

Bonobos*, Cantarelli, CT, Norton Ditto, Barbera, AEx2
                  *in arm

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
                    A Marlow day today ...
                    Damn, those are nice...

Comment

Love that jacket, LosRockets.

Comment

Hey guys, long time lurker, you don't now it but this thread has helped me get through a boring day at work a few times. Thought I would post up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukfw3ywnhk...%2053%20PM.jpg
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8cwwm9oqz...%2056%20PM.jpg
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5o74gcfdy...%2048%20PM.jpg excuse the hat hair

top coat - thrifted or i guess vintage heh
                        sweater - merona
                        blazer - target x thom browne
                        shirt - gap
                        pants - jcp claiborne
                        boots - american eagle

I bought this blazer and have only worn it once because I didn't have the sartorial courage, had to stick out my chest and man up and I gotta say I enjoy the look

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
                          A Marlow day today ...
                          Waaaaaaaaaaant.

Unrelated but I think I had my tailor hem a bit too far on my new trousers, it's not a no-break but there's not enough break for me to feel comfortable, like I feel the pant hem moving back and forth in the air around my leg, if that makes any sense. Also I swear these (new) pants shrunk while he had them. He got a stain on them so he sent them to the cleaners (I'm upset, he didn't offer any sort of reimbursement but did get them cleaned, but I don't like stuff drycleaned if at all possible) and I'm worried they may have run the pants through the wash.

Pants are these btw: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/l...FUUV7Aod-iUATw
                          Got them for $50 at J Crew during an after-Christmas sale. I'd say I have them hemmed like the model here does. Maybe I'm just not used to it?

Also, True_tech that's a solid look! The TB blazer isn't for me but aside from that it's a good sorta-dressy casual winter look, and a good example of how to do one w/o breaking the bank.

Comment

True_tech, really like that topcoat!

Comment

Here is WIWT. I wasn't sure about the black shoes with the brown sweater. I figured I would give it a shot today and see what I thought. What do you guys think? It look off or what?
                              Last edited by zcm; February 4, 2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                                Here is WIWT. I wasn't sure about the black shoes with the brown sweater. I figured I would give it a shot today and see what I thought. What do you guys think? It look off or what?
                                It's a dark enough brown that I think it doesn't look off. Brown looks better, obviously, but it's not bad here, and I think that's in part because your shoes aren't super shiny - had they been polished more it'd look off IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X