Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha bruschetta usually when you give me grief about the jackets you're confirming something I've already thought about. We're closer in ideal aesthetic then you realize. I just don't have money to replace my staple pieces just yet.

Comment

It was a bit chilly in Florida today (by that I mean 40's, don't hate me).

Jacket- JCP
      Sweater - jcrew merino v-neck
      Shirt - gap modern oxford
      Pants - target
      Shoes - stafford camlins
      Scarf - jcp

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
        I'm actually diggin' them. I have some nice sneakers (Pantafola, Haerfest) but they are both white, and the brightness of the white kind of limits how I feel I can use them. These I think I could wear to a really casual gig with some selvedge jeans and a cotton sport coat. I've always really, really hated the sneakers with a SC look (I know there are plenty that hate the SC with jeans look too), but I might be able to give it a shot with these. Or not. Maybe I'll just wear 'em around with jeans.
        I actually really like those, and have since i first saw them on NMWA - I just can't afford them. I highly recommend giving the sneakers with SC look a try - maybe you can pull it off, maybe not. I've done it a few times and have really liked it. Its not a regular thing, but it works for me.

Comment

Crosspost from the Friday Challenge (need more entries, folks!):

Comment

Cross post from Friday Challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
              Cross post from Friday Challenge.

zcm, you've got the fit down. That jacket looks great.

Comment

Cross-post from the recent purchases thread:

Suit: Bonobos
                Shirt: Bonobos
                Tie: Land's End Canvas
                PS: The Tie Bar
                Boots: Alden

Comment

What I'm wearing at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by The Dan View Post
                    What I'm wearing at the moment...

Not to piss you off but those jeans look too wide for you especially wearing a sleeker dress shoe like the strand. Not a huge fan of bright blue but that's me.

Comment

Plus it looks like he's in my old house in SC. Did you buy my place?

But yes, the shoes are wrong with the jeans. Either slimmer and darker jeans, or a boot for those.

Comment

No worries guys, criticism is certainly welcome. I am still learning and building my wardrobe. I'm here for your expertise, opinions, and ideas after all. Unfortunately I have been blessed with skinny bowed legs and the tighter my jeans get the worse they tend to look. I'll keep this in mind next time I am shopping, though. The colors in the pics aren't very accurate either, the jeans are pretty dark and in person I thought they looked good with the shoes. I do have darker jeans, though, that look awesome with the shoes.
                        No sir, not your old house. I live in VA.
                        Most importantly: my wife liked the look
                        Last edited by The Dan; January 31, 2014, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dan View Post
                          Most importantly: my wife liked the look
                          That's what really matters, not impressing a bunch of dudes on a style forum! The pic with flash makes the jeans look lighter blue, and the crossed legs make the jeans seem blousey (dad jeans-ish). It's not as bad in the top pic. But look for a slimmer cut, the Strand is a kinda fancy shoe for a casual look.

Comment

Um, well, women don't necessarily know what looks good on men. My ex-wife thought I looked best in pajama-like linen pants and oversized shirts combined with leather sandals.

Comment

Just normal church attire. Nothing special today.

Comment

You wear a baseball cap to church?

Comment

Working...
                                X