X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah - I like Ryan's look too.

Comment

@Acoustic: I like the pants. I've been looking for something similar for a while, but I guess it doesn't mattter now that spring is here. Maybe next year.

Comment

Today's medley to counter the cold, rainy weather in San Francisco.

Suit: Rugby 3-button gray wool

Shirt: Donald Trump, white with french cuffs on sale from Van Heusen

Tie: Banana Republic

Tiebar: J.Press oar tie bar

Pocket Square: White with Brown tip tiebar.com

Cufflinks: orange knots from eBay

Watch: TX by Technoluxury with brown leather strap

Shoes: Allen Edmonds Dalton in dark chocolate brown

Socks: Uniqlo, orange

Comment

@Alan - thank you for the feedback! Apologies on picture quality - the iPhone does a better job when the camera isn't self-facing, or when done outdoors. I would benefit from using a full length mirror to better qualify fit. The suit was tailored, no break in the pants.

I do work in a business setting and don't mind setting myself apart with the details. Our office environment isn't super conservative, so the details are appreciated.

The socks are a bit chunkier than I would prefer with this particular suit though the colors line up perfectly - navy blue, white and red detailing. Great feedback on the shoes. I like the detailing on them and agree the polish could be stripped away, one reason I picked up the Dalton's a few days ago to mix them in to my regular lineup. Thanks again!!

Comment

Yeah, when I said "business" I really meant "formal business". That outfit would totally fly at my office, too, and I'd still be the dressiest guy there. It's a good look!

Comment

Ryan - nice work! I'm visiting SF right now, job & apartment hunting. Just walked to the impound lot in the this cold & rainy mess. =P

So, living out of a bag, I'm exercising the versatility of that jacket. Today's more low-key offering.

Shirt: LEC

Sweater: Merona merino v-neck

Pocket Square: Another Target handkerchief

Pants: Levi 501 - I tried my khaki chinos and switched back to jeans.

Socks: Merona

I would show the Daltons, but JC would stress about how I'm not letting them rest after a day. ;-)

Comment

Can everyone else see Ryan's pic but me?

@nicholas I hope you brought shoe trees for your boots!

Here's WIWT

Oxxford navy topcoat, proxied by another thrifter

Ermengildo Zegna silk scarf, thrifted

Oxxford navy pinstripe suit, traded for from another thrifter

Oscar de la Renta tie, vintage from the 60's when that was a good thing, thrifted

Marks & Spencer shirt, french cuff, thrifted

Orient Vintage watch

Not shown: Allen Edmonds Cambridge shell cordovan wingtips, bought from a thrifter

Comment

You're killing it with that scarf/coat combo, JC. Lookin' like old money.

Ben

Comment

Looking sharp, JC! Wierd question... Does wearing a suit make you feel like a "grown-up"? Or conversely, do you feel like less of a grown-up when you're NOT wearing one? I know I always feel that way, and I'm 32. :-)

Comment

It's a little different feeling... I mean, I'm the most dressed up one here even when I'm not wearing a suit, but people are a little more deferential around you when you're in a suit (and it fits, etc).

I still try not to feel like a grown up though.

Comment

@nicholas why didn't you go with the chinos? rainy weather?

Comment

Welcome to SF and good luck on the job and apt hunting! @Jason, hope the pics are showing up now. If not, let me know if there's different language I should use for posting picture links.

Comment

Sometimes showing up now... Stupid browser cache issue I think... Like that tie a lot.

Comment

Your pics aren't showing for me either, Ryan. I dunno if it's a browser thing. I'm on Chrome.

Ben

Comment

FWIW, I can see them fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X