X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    It's not every day one scores a free coat like that!
    Probably should have posted in swap/shop but I meant I'd sell or trade it! If I were donating I'd aim for a coat drive rather than Dappered readers. PM me if interested -- can't remember what I paid for it but does $60 sound fair?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      Thanks.

Here is today's:

Shirt and Pants: BR
      Sweater: JCF
      Shoes: ET Wright
      Watch: Bulova

Thoughts or criticisms? Think it's a big deal that the buckle on the shoe is gold and my watch and belt buckle (not pictured) are silver?
      You're safe IMO, I think the details are so small that the average person wouldn't pick up on it, and you might as well take the belt buckle out of the equation since your sweater will be covering it up most of the time.

Is that one of the current BR shirts?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        Looks good, zcm. I'm not sure I agree with dackman re the less casual shoe. I use as a reference Steve McQueen who could pull off a desert boot with creased pants. I think that because they're slim they work with the shoes.
        Well played, I should probably redact my statement since I too have worn DB's with casual/dressy creased pants, why I never thought of that before I posted is beyond me. zcm, continue on...

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
          Well played, I should probably redact my statement since I too have worn DB's with casual/dressy creased pants, why I never thought of that before I posted is beyond me. zcm, continue on...
          I'm all for chukkas with dress/creased pants, as long as they match the formality of the pants. For instance, grey flannels with slim (think Loake Kempton/Pimilico) dark brown suede or calf chukkas are great. Would I wear my beeswax CDBs with dress pants? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
            Maiden voyage for my oxblood Butteros today.
            This is one of those cases where I want to preface with "With all due respect" (which then allows me to say anything I want, because, well, I am giving you your due respect) -

Sneakers like the Butteros Mr. Unn posted that lace nearly all the way from the toe look like bowling shoes to me. The color and materials on these look stellar, but I can't shake the image of looking down at my own feet and thinking "No gutters". Again, with all due respect, I would not wear sneakers like that but there is no doubt in my mind that Señor Unn can and does pull them off with aplomb.

Difference of opinion I suppose...

Comment

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/12210168374_4a7ae4b655_b.jpg/IMG]
              How does sizing run on those? TTS?

Comment

Thoughts or criticisms? Think it's a big deal that the buckle on the shoe is gold and my watch and belt buckle (not pictured) are silver?
                Yes metals are like leathers match if you can. Besides sunglasses they are a wild card.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                  I like this fit on you, and also your MTM suit. Looks much better than the green cotton jacket.

The gap jacket looked borderline small, IMO, but ok for casual situations.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                    Is that one of the current BR shirts?
                    I got it last fall (October I think). Don't see it on the site now though. I think it was called "micro-gingham".

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                      I like this fit on you, and also your MTM suit. Looks much better than the green cotton jacket.

The gap jacket looked borderline small, IMO, but ok for casual situations.
                      Thanks! The green cotton jacket is awful IMO. Doesn't look good at all. I ordered the 42, and that fits much better, albeit boxier. But more room to tailor. Also, it's good when I know what fits and what doesn't, I just don't care sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Dan.Lish View Post
                        This is one of those cases where I want to preface with "With all due respect" (which then allows me to say anything I want, because, well, I am giving you your due respect) -

Sneakers like the Butteros Mr. Unn posted that lace nearly all the way from the toe look like bowling shoes to me. The color and materials on these look stellar, but I can't shake the image of looking down at my own feet and thinking "No gutters". Again, with all due respect, I would not wear sneakers like that but there is no doubt in my mind that Señor Unn can and does pull them off with aplomb.

Difference of opinion I suppose...
                        LOL! You can just say you hate the shoes. It's ok.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        How does sizing run on those? TTS?
                        A bit big. I could have maybe gone down to a EU 42.5 instead of a 43. These are ok though, especially if I just wear slightly thicker socks.

Comment

I got it last fall (October I think). Don't see it on the site now though. I think it was called "micro-gingham".
                          For the lazy: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...gham#style=235
                          Also I kind of want the micro gingham in red/white/blue because America.

Comment

I love the leather color and look. But the way the leather pieces are joined by the stitch is so odd. It looks too much like a staple used in surgery.

Comment

Fred, the shoes look goofy.

zcm, I like everything but the monks.

Cologne Guy, As of today, I weigh less than you. I just wanted to mention that for the sake of my own ego.

3piece, I like everything.

Jake, I'm not going to give you grief about your jackets unless you ask for feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                Cologne Guy, As of today, I weigh less than you. I just wanted to mention that for the sake of my own ego.
                                Oh, really...? Well I just replaced my 86% cacao dark chocolate evening treat with ex-lax. In other words, "It's on!"

Comment

Working...
                                X