Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not every day one scores a free coat like that!

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the posts in this thread change as the menswear trends for 2014 predicted by the so-called best-dressed man in America start coming true.

Can't wait to see how everybody starts stacking their ties and growing their hair out 60s-style.

All sarcasm intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        It will be interesting to see how the posts in this thread change as the menswear trends for 2014 predicted by the so-called best-dressed man in America start coming true.

Can't wait to see how everybody starts stacking their ties and growing their hair out 60s-style.

All sarcasm intended.
        Not only will I be growing my hair out 70's style, but I'll also be growing my chest hair out as well as a natural accessory.

Comment

You'll need a gold medallion, of course.

Comment

"We went through a pretty bad peacocking phase and are now finally learning the art of subtlety and personal touch." - understatement of the year!

Comment

Finally. LOL.

What this really means is that these "trends" are the nonsense that Dan and his mates are going to treat us to this year.

Comment

TSB has their head so far up their ass. First with the trends they hope die, almost all trends which they basically sponsored. Now some of these trends for 2014 are insane. Billowy tee shirts under jackets?

Comment

My theory is they don't have enough to do. There really is only so much you can do with a blog like that, and once you run through the basics of menswear style, you have to start making things up if you want to look fresh. So they make up these weird fashion ideas and photo shoots that are supposed to represent innovation and creative thinking, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                    "We went through a pretty bad peacocking phase and are now finally learning the art of subtlety and personal touch." - understatement of the year!
                    I believe this sentence is in regards to men's style in general. Doesn't it? Of course it could easily be about TSB.

Comment

As someone else mentioned, they have their heads up their proverbial arses so far that I don't doubt they think they ARE men's style in general.

Comment

Hats? Wide pants? Wider fits? White on white? Rings? Flowy tees? Stacking necklaces?
                        http://on.vh1.com/1hFxafS

Comment

All sarcasm intended.
                          Reading that, even Homer Simpson would suddenly feel like the epitome of style and high fashion, at least compared to the author(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                            Reading that, even Homer Simpson would suddenly feel like the epitome of style and high fashion, at least compared to the author(s).
                            I don't think that the WIWT thread is the best place to post about TSB but I would like to hear other's opinion about the latter site (I will start a thread). Dappered and TSB are the two blogs I have on my favorites bar and I tend to take the good and bad from both. If I'm looking for a great deal or a review of an article of clothing then I am clearly going to Dappered but on the other hand if I'm going through my closet and not really sure what I want to wear or want ideas on how to mix a few colors in my wardrobe then I head to TSB. I really would give their Style Guide some credit. Also there were a number of similarities between the TSB predictions and Joe's post. Anyway I will start a thread because I really am curious...

Comment

Originally posted by PREID View Post
                              Thought it was colder in Atl right now. What part of GA you from? And got a different pic of the jacket? Looks cool
                              Sorry for the insane delay. I'm in Smyrna (so I say Atlanta). Originally from the DC area so I'm used to the chill we had two weeks ago (and this week). One or two mornings I've come close to pulling out my wool coat, but so far I've stuck with the light leather jacket. I'll grab a few more pictures of the jacket today after work. It's my favorite jacket by far. I wear it just about every day in the fall and winter.
                              I bought it when Hollywood&Vain was going out of business.

My dress is seldom business in the strict sense. More or less if you are wearing a polo or button-up/down and nice enough pants (jeans, khakis, wool) and shoes (quite a few people just wear sneakers) you are good. I think I've worn my suit three times for work in the past year and once was for an interview.
                              Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X