This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today:

Jacket: Stafford (It's a dark navy, love my bathroom lighting)
    Shirt: JCF
    Pants: JCF
    Tie: J. Crew
    Tie Bar: Tie Bar
    Pocket Square: J. Crew
    Shoes: Mercanti Fiorentini
    Watch: Timex for J. Crew on C&B Nato

Guys, thoughts on the pocket square? Picked it up on clearance during the J. Crew holiday sale. I'm a sucker for wool gray herringbone, but I'm not sure what other sportcoats/blazers to wear this with besides solid navy. Plus it's wool, so folded up the thing has a bit of heft to it, kind of makes the pocket bulge a little.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by dackman View Post
      Guys, thoughts on the pocket square? Picked it up on clearance during the J. Crew holiday sale. I'm a sucker for wool gray herringbone, but I'm not sure what other sportcoats/blazers to wear this with besides solid navy. Plus it's wool, so folded up the thing has a bit of heft to it, kind of makes the pocket bulge a little.
      I have the same PS (wore it in my WIWT 3 pages back) and it is a bit bulky. I've only worn it with my navy tweed sport coat so far, but it would work with dark charcoal as well. I also stuck it in the pocket of my black watch sport coat and I think that looks good too. It's a neutral color, so it should work with anything as long as there's enough contrast between the jacket and the PS.

Good looking outfit by the way. I think these kinds of pocket squares look best when they're a bit disheveled and the edges and corners slightly uneven.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
        I have the same PS (wore it in my WIWT 3 pages back) and it is a bit bulky. I've only worn it with my navy tweed sport coat so far, but it would work with dark charcoal as well. I also stuck it in the pocket of my black watch sport coat and I think that looks good too. It's a neutral color, so it should work with anything as long as there's enough contrast between the jacket and the PS.

Good looking outfit by the way. I think these kinds of pocket squares look best when they're a bit disheveled and the edges and corners slightly uneven.
        Thanks fauxshow. Too bad the only charcoal jacket I have is also herringbone, don't see myself pulling double duties with that one.

Normally on the square I do a slightly loose fold with the edges out, but this one I tucked the edges down leaving the fold exposed, the weight of the buried edges kind of anchored the square in the pocket, didn't need to adjust or fix it at all today.

Comment

Think I'm going through a selfie phase right now!

Today (x-post from Friday Challenge):

Pants: JC
          Jacket: JCF
          Shirt: JCP
          Tie & Tie Bar: Tie Bar
          Pocket Square: homemade chambray by Mrs. Dackman
          Shoes: Florsheim

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
            Think I'm going through a selfie phase right now!

Today (x-post from Friday Challenge):

Pants: JC
            Jacket: JCF
            Shirt: JCP
            Tie & Tie Bar: Tie Bar
            Pocket Square: homemade chambray by Mrs. Dackman
            Shoes: Florsheim
            Kudos to Mrs. Dackman nice chambray choice, and nice Jacket/Tie/PS combo

Comment

Mrs. Dackman should post a tutorial. I've often wondered why a shirt with a bad collar or a stained sleeve shouldn't be reborn as a pocket square.

Comment

Originally posted by Telegram Sam View Post
                Kudos to Mrs. Dackman nice chambray choice, and nice Jacket/Tie/PS combo
                Thanks Telegram!

Originally posted by marathon View Post
                Mrs. Dackman should post a tutorial. I've often wondered why a shirt with a bad collar or a stained sleeve shouldn't be reborn as a pocket square.
                Yes, Mrs. Dackman is quite the DIYer. Some people keep their bookshelves filled with books, my wife's is filled with fabric. She's got a tie pattern that she's going to attempt in the near future.

Great idea with the old shirts, I've got a couple that probably need to be removed from the rotation, one a nice cotton checked pattern, would probably make a pretty good square.

Comment

First post.

Jacket: JC
                  Shirt: JC
                  Jeans: JC
                  Tie: Croft and Barrow
                  Square: dont know brand. I found it at Nordstrom Rack.
                  Watch: Seiko Solar Chrono
                  Shoes: AE Fairfax
                  Socks: who knows.

All of the J. Crew stuff I found on a serious sale at the store. I paid $85 for the jacket...it was $375 originally.
                  ---Allen

Comment

Originally posted by aetucker1 View Post
                    All of the J. Crew stuff I found on a serious sale at the store. I paid $85 for the jacket...it was $375 originally.
                    Welcome! Nice first post. I have the same jacket, Ludlow in khaki linen, right?

Comment

yup. I personally like the thick herringbone.
                      ---Allen

Comment

Today's ensemble

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post

I pick up this PS every time I'm in J. Crew to see if they've marked it down just a little bit more. Hope you got a good deal on it.

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
                            I pick up this PS every time I'm in J. Crew to see if they've marked it down just a little bit more. Hope you got a good deal on it.
                            Mine was $20, I think the sale changed to only 30% off when I got mine, otherwise it would have been a little cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by PREID View Post
                              Today's ensemble
                              Nice suit! You either need collar stays or an iron to deal with the collar though. Tie knot is off slightly, since the blade won't stay behind. Personally I think the tie is a touch narrow when matched with such baller lapels.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                                Nice suit! You either need collar stays or an iron to deal with the collar though. Tie knot is off slightly, since the blade won't stay behind. Personally I think the tie is a touch narrow when matched with such baller lapels.
                                Damnit Fred, I was going to say "Baller!" Wait, I'm in my late 30's, can I say "Baller?"

Comment

Working...
                                X