This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    It's a good look on you. It's the kind of look I'm going for these days--casual and relaxed, yet not sloppy. I need grey sweatsocks myself, and for some reason, they're hard to come by. But they're perfect for khakis and jeans so that you can get away with wearing sweatsocks without looking like you're wearing sweatsocks, if you know what I mean.

Even when I go with this kind of look, which is most days, I'm more dressed up looking than 90 percent of the people I work with. Everybody thinks my desert boots are "fancy" and I wear "nice" sweaters because they're lambswool crewnecks or shawl collars.
    Agree w/ all of this. Good look on Vicious and gray socks > white for these purposes. Especially agree with the second part of your comment. I probably get more compliments on my mid-gray lambswool crewneck from LEC than when I wear a blazer. I used to correct them on the "you're so dressed up" stuff and then realized how uptight that was so now I just take the compliment. I actually just picked up a second lambswool crewneck, a great trim-fitting navy one from J Crew to wear with brown and gray chinos, for like $20 in their post X-mas sale.

Comment

Wore this to a NYE get together at a friend's place. Sorry about the image size. Pic Stitch is not my friend right now.

Sweater: BR
      Shirt: Gap
      Tie: JCF
      Pants: 514
      Shoes: AE
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Nice fit in the jeans.

Comment

Thanks (if you're referring to me). These 514s are the 99% cotton version. The 100% cotton version seemed to have a different rise that was quite uncomfortable. I've been pretty happy with them, though I have thought about sizing down in the waist on my next pair given that they do get a little looser than I'd like in the waist after a couple of wears.
          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Didn't realize the light washed out the details on the white shirt. It's so blinding you can't make out the collar or anything.

shirt - Jcrew
            sweater - BR
            pants - BR
            shoes - Peal and Co

Comment

Great look, Vicious.

Comment

First time with this, so be gentle! Snapped these as I headed out to run some errands. I spent part of last year transitioning from slob to at least slightly more put together. Still much progress to be made, I'm sure.

Comment

Cross post from the Friday Challenge thread:

Jacket: Schott
                  Sweater: Uniqlo
                  Shirt: Uniqlo
                  Pants: Lands End
                  Boots: Red Wing
                  Scarf: No brand name (gift from my mother-in-law a few years back)
                  Gloves: Johnston & Murphy (gift from my mother-in-law)
                  Hat: Scala
                  Watch: Omega (gift from my wife)

Comment

Crosspost from the weekly challenge. You may have time to post still. Get it in!

Comment

BB, nice color on the jacket. If the lighting is not playing tricks, it looks brighter than the typical navy blue. maybe cobalt blue or air force blue?

Anyway, your sport coat collection is awesome.

Comment

LCDR, thanks. Yes, it is lighter than navy blue -- it's about the same shade as the blue JCF Thompson wool suit. Not bright, really, but definitely not navy. In general, I much prefer this blue shade to true navy.

Comment

My crap weather Sunday grocery shopping getup:

Hat: Stetson
                          Sweater: Uniqlo
                          Shirt: J Crew Factory
                          Jeans: Levi's
                          Boots: Red Wing

Comment

Shomas, I would pay a great deal of money to be able to grow that beard.

I also like the outfit.

Comment

This is the Shomas were used to. It's not the same without the beard.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                Shomas, I would pay a great deal of money to be able to grow that beard.

I also like the outfit.
                                And I would gladly accept your money if I could bestow that ability upon you.

Comment

Working...
                                X