This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    V, I think the sweater looks great. If it were me, however... I would not pull the sweater down so much. Can you let it bunch or gather a little more instead at the beltline (waistline)?
    I think that's what it is. I pull it down for the pic which makes it look worse in pics.

The wife's been off the last few days so I've been able to post a bit more pics since I have my photographer back.

Comment

Looking good, everyone! Vicious, as always I'm surprised by just how terrific your Tissot looks.

Comment

With cardigans for $8 at Old Navy yesterday, I figured why not give one a shot?

Comment

Looks like $8 well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            Looks like $8 well spent!
            Thanks! 1st cardigan, so it was a good cheap way to experiment. We'll see how often it ends up in the rotation, but based on today, I'd say pretty often.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              I hate how from this angle the Shaggy dog sweaters make me look pudgy even though from the side view they fit me perfectly. I guess the extra material has to gather somewhere, although these York St versions are much more tailored fit than the standard shaggy dog sweater. I tried a standard one on at the JPress store yesterday and the body was a bit baggier and the sleeves were about 3 inches longer but the deal breaker was all the extra fabric under the arm. It felt uncomfortable since I couldn't put my arm down all the way with the extra sweater material there.

sweater - JPress
              pants - JCF
              shoes - AE
              watch - Tissot
              Is the shaggy dog from the heritage line or from York Street? How would you describe its weight? And did you size down or order the same size as your other sweaters?

Comment

Originally posted by zxu426 View Post
                Is the shaggy dog from the heritage line or from York Street? How would you describe its weight? And did you size down or order the same size as your other sweaters?
                It's the York st version and is my normal size. I asked them what the difference was between that and the standard shaggy dog and was told the York st is a much slimmer fit, which it is.

I tried on the standard version at the J Press store last week and it was a bit baggier in the body but not too bad. The issue was there was too much extra material in the sleeves and under my arms. So much so that it felt uncomfortable to me. After trying them both on, I would only buy the York st shaggy dogs.

The shaggy dog is perhaps the lightest sweater I own. It feels as if it weighs almost nothing even though when folded up it takes up quite a decent amount of space. Not sure how they get it so thick and light at the same time. I liked it so much that I end ed up buying it in 3 different colors.

Comment

Thanks. If you have experience with lambswool sweaters from J.Crew, can you compare thickness and warmth?

Comment

Like the v neck ones that you wear over an oxford or similar shirt? Those are much thinner than the shaggy dog. Folded up it would take about 3 of them to create a stack as tall as 1 shaggy dog.

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Casual today....

Title: High/Low on my High and Low
                        Shirt: Steven Alan
                        Jeans: Jbrand
                        Shoes: Nike Pegasus 86

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Casual for me too. I could use this as my entry for the weekly challenge as soon as Shomas gets it back up since the sweater was a gift from my mother in law.

sweater - H&M
                          pants - JCF
                          shoes - Onitsuka Tigers
                          watch - Orient

Comment

Very cool, V. I like that look. How about an untucked button up under the sweatshirt, instead of the tee, just to change it up--like a chambray workshirt or a flannel? I'd also tend to want to do grey sweat socks instead of white.

Comment

Duvet, Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have any grey socks at the moment so it's either dress socks or these. As far as the shirt untucked, I didnt think it'd work as well with this one as some others I have but I'll keep it in mind next time.

I've come to realize that this type of look is more along my lines than the more dressed up blazer look you usually see in here. I don't have a reason to be dressed up that much simply because I never go into an office. I still enjoy dressing that way once in a while but this is more natural for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Duvet, Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have any grey socks at the moment so it's either dress socks or these. As far as the shirt untucked, I didnt think it'd work as well with this one as some others I have but I'll keep it in mind next time.

I've come to realize that this type of look is more along my lines than the more dressed up blazer look you usually see in here. I don't have a reason to be dressed up that much simply because I never go into an office. I still enjoy dressing that way once in a while but this is more natural for me.
                                It's a good look on you. It's the kind of look I'm going for these days--casual and relaxed, yet not sloppy. I need grey sweatsocks myself, and for some reason, they're hard to come by. But they're perfect for khakis and jeans so that you can get away with wearing sweatsocks without looking like you're wearing sweatsocks, if you know what I mean.

Even when I go with this kind of look, which is most days, I'm more dressed up looking than 90 percent of the people I work with. Everybody thinks my desert boots are "fancy" and I wear "nice" sweaters because they're lambswool crewnecks or shawl collars.

Comment

Working...
                                X