This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross post from Friday challenge.

Sweater: Express (it's really dark navy, terrible lighting I know)
    Shirt: Gap
    Pants: JC
    Shoes: AE
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Cross post from the Friday Challenge.

I usually overload on the details, but I'm at a loss today. All I know is that the bowtie is wool, the sweater is cotton, and the pants are wool.
      Last edited by alan; December 20, 2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Here's my cross post from the Friday challenge, mostly because this type of outfit has become something of a winter office uniform for me. Button-up shirt, sweater (or sweatshirt in this case), with or without tie, jeans or chinos. Shoes vary, but I wear these loafers whenever the weather is nasty outside since they are my "office shoes." Occasionally I'll throw on a jacket.

Ben

Comment

Trying to decide if this is more subtle Christmas-y than my submission. What to do, what to do...

Jacket: LEC
          Shirt: Target
          Pants: Uniqlo
          Shoes: AE Long Branch
          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

shirt - Gustin
            pants - Dockers alpha khakis
            sweater - Shaggy dog
            shoes - Alden Dover
            watch - Orient Union

Comment

those are some good looking ptb's

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                those are some good looking ptb's
                Thanks. I agree. I usually don't like PTB's but these things look nice and are really comfortable due to being unlined. I'm trying to see if they make them in black since I need some black bluchers.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Here's my cross post from the Friday challenge, mostly because this type of outfit has become something of a winter office uniform for me. Button-up shirt, sweater (or sweatshirt in this case), with or without tie, jeans or chinos. Shoes vary, but I wear these loafers whenever the weather is nasty outside since they are my "office shoes." Occasionally I'll throw on a jacket.

BenR,
                  What loafers are those?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    BenR,
                    What loafers are those?
                    Florsheim Jet penny loafer. They're not the best in terms of leather quality, but mine have been super comfortable and they look pretty nice. They are relatively inexpensive if you can get them with a decent discount. They do run a tad small, I am normally between 7.5 and 8 and these 8s are nice and snug.
                    Ben

Comment

From yesterday (xpost from the Friday challenge):

Pardon the bad lighting.

Shirt: TM Lewin Red & Blue check
                      Pants: Gap Slim fit chinos
                      Tie: Tommy Hilfiger Slim Wool
                      Jacket: Bonobos Nottingham in Navy
                      Shoes (not shown): Ralph Lauren Kelby Chukkas
                      Watch: Hamilton quartz on a Crown & Buckle Nato Regimental strap Household Division (Blue + Red) with gold hardware

Comment

The sweater is actually navy even though it looks much darker in the pic. Too hot to be wearing my jacket and scarf indoors so holding them in my hand.

shirt - JCF
                        sweater - BR
                        pants - JCF
                        shoes - Alden
                        watch - Orient

Comment

I hate how from this angle the Shaggy dog sweaters make me look pudgy even though from the side view they fit me perfectly. I guess the extra material has to gather somewhere, although these York St versions are much more tailored fit than the standard shaggy dog sweater. I tried a standard one on at the JPress store yesterday and the body was a bit baggier and the sleeves were about 3 inches longer but the deal breaker was all the extra fabric under the arm. It felt uncomfortable since I couldn't put my arm down all the way with the extra sweater material there.

sweater - JPress
                          pants - JCF
                          shoes - AE
                          watch - Tissot

Comment

Vicious, you're over-thinking your outfit. The sweater looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                              Vicious, you're over-thinking your outfit. The sweater looks good.
                              Agreed 100%; from a sweater point of view you're already in the top 5% of men on fit; even if you can't find a trimmer shaggy dog sweater (which you probably can't) it still looks great.

Comment

V, I think the sweater looks great. If it were me, however... I would not pull the sweater down so much. Can you let it bunch or gather a little more instead at the beltline (waistline)?

Comment

Working...
                                X