Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! LCDR, I hadn't thought of it, but you may be right. If I get it in my head to sink any cash into this suit, I may have my tailor do that.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
      Vicious, love the boots. Nice winter wonderland setup you have over there.

So, what do you all think about this tie/jacket combination? Too close in color?
      I think it works, but maybe you could try some navy pants next time - since there's a lot of brown going on, and it would pick up the blue in the tie (at least it looks blue).

Comment

Thanks BB.

Your tie/jacket combo looks fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          I think it works, but maybe you could try some navy pants next time - since there's a lot of brown going on, and it would pick up the blue in the tie (at least it looks blue).
          Good idea -- or I could wear my blue tweed jacket instead, too. One or the other would definitely break up the browns a bit.

Comment

Sorry for the quality here, but quick pics at work

JCF Thompson in chino
            Calibrate trim fit shirt (need more of these!)
            JCF slim chinos
            AE Perrys
            Seiko chrono

Comment

Originally posted by Johdus View Post
              Was the shooes here?
              ID please.
              Much thanks in advance.

I believe those are the JCP Stafford boots.

Comment

Long time reader first time poster ... please be gentle

Me today -> http://instagram.com/p/h3y37UPS0B/
                Shirt: Gap
                Sweater: Banana Republic
                Jeans: Levi 505s
                Boots: Rockport

Comment

@andrew: That just might be the best blazer getup I've seen on you yet. Very nice!

@strickland: Feelin' blue, brother? Looks good man. Only thing I might suggest would be to lose or hide the white undershirt (if I'm seeing things correctly via my phone, that is). Regardless, welcome to the fray! Oh and hey, is that a TARDIS phone case? Maybe I really *am* seeing things.

Comment

(Overly?) inspired by Joe's "dressed-up holiday party" scenario post from the other day, here's WIWT for some family Christmas pics followed by a night out for my daughter's music recital:

I did the gloves and scarf dealio too, but forgot to snap a pic of them. Ah well. I really liked the look he suggested - maybe a little *too* much, eh? But honestly I had never thought to pair that shirt up with a suit; in fact I really don't wear it much at all. And although mine is a little more casual than the dressier Calibrate one in his getup, I still liked it for the added Christmastime color splash. Thanks Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      (Overly?) inspired by Joe's "dressed-up holiday party" scenario post from the other day, here's WIWT for some family Christmas pics followed by a night out for my daughter's music recital:
                      Cologne Guy, what are those boots?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                        Cologne Guy, what are those boots?
                        Paul Fredrick sum'in-sum'in Made in Italy humma-humma. Dunno the model name/#, as there's no number listed inside the uppers. I really don't know much about the company as a whole, especially their footwear, except that they run big/long; these are a full size smaller than my brannock-measured foot, and 1/2 size down from my typical dress shoe (AE, TBNY, etc). You know much about their shoes/boots?

Comment

Paul Fredrick sum'in-sum'in Made in Italy humma-humma. Dunno the model name/#, as there's no number listed inside the uppers. I really don't know much about the company as a whole, especially their footwear, except that they run big/long; these are a full size smaller than my brannock-measured foot, and 1/2 size down from my typical dress shoe (AE, TBNY, etc). You know much about their shoes/boots?
                          I know that I want a new pair of boots. Does that help?

Comment

@andrew: That just might be the best blazer getup I've seen on you yet. Very nice!
                            Thanks, mang! That Thompson, like most things J.Crew it seems, fits like a glove. Getting better about only purchasing what really fits good and is good quality. Made myself not by a BR tailored fit blazer that was on clearance today. Just for financial reasons, a 38R fits great there, too.

Your holiday party outfit is great! Got a party for the wife's work tonight, but its going to be pretty laid back. Going to try and work a blazer/jeans combo into the mix, though.

Picked up a pair of black chelsea boots today at Nordy Rack, gotta hold off til Christmas for those to make an appearance, though. Gotta be fair and keep my presents closed until the wife gets hers too!

Comment

So my dog (read my girlfriend) gave me an early Christmas present last night. Honestly never even considered a hat like this but I am going to make my girlfriend happy and give it a shot. So what do you think guys? Can I pull it off?

Comment

I think it looks good on you. It works!

Comment

Working...
                                X