Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to head out to my office holiday party. This is what it looks like when I bring the sartorial holiday ruckus:

Suit: RL Chaps (probably pretty crappy, but for $40 on eBay, it treats me right)
    Shirt: Ratio
    Tie: The Knottery
    Watch/strap: omega/J Crew
    Pocket square: Clapham
    Shoes: AE

Comment

I'm 5"11 and by no means have short legs so something about the photos makes the jacket and sweater look longer than they actually are.

Comment

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2394/r8ga.jpg

Picked up a j. crew shawl sweater! What do ya'll think?

Comment

My $174 outfit:

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Kaufman View Post

Like the sweater, and nice fit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Kaufman View Post

I like it - I have that sweater in charcoal and olive and love them - they get a ton of wear.

Comment

Originally posted by ocralph714 View Post
                Hey, so I'm wondering, what jeans look better with my Stafford boots? Should I alter my JCP jeans similar to my AG?

JCp Jeans unaltered

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...06120341PM.jpg AG jeans altered
                If by getting them altered you're referring to having them hemmed shorter, I'd advise against that. The jcp jeans look great with the boots, and little extra length is fine for a casual pant, like jeans. The AG's look like they're hemmed to fit like a pair of dress pants with little or no break - that's fine if you're wearing them for dressier purposes (ie dress shoes, etc), but to me they look kinda short for jeans.

Comment

Sorry for the quality tonight guys. WIWT
                  Coat: Bonobos
                  Jacket/Scarf/Socks: Lands End (the OTC Merino socks are fantastic)
                  Shirt/Tie: CT
                  Pants: BR
                  Belt: AE
                  Shoes: C&J

I don't usually mix tweeds with spread collar shirts and pure silk ties but I didn't want to change shirt/tie between morning and evening engagements (this was taken tonight) and I felt the texture of the tie kept it from looking shiny in person. Shirt is a sky blue bengal stripe.
                  Last edited by LosRockets; December 7, 2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                    Like the sweater, and nice fit!
                    Love it. I have one just like it.

Comment

My other pair of Bean boots haven't come in yet so I can't compare the fit to see which ones I want to keep (although I might not be able to fit my foot in there at the moment anyways). These AS are the only other boots I have with actual traction and suprisingly I was able to get my foot in there.

sweater - picked up from STP
                      hat - picked up from STP
                      jacket - LE
                      jeans - Gustin
                      shoe - AS

Comment

Vicious, love the boots. Nice winter wonderland setup you have over there.

So, what do you all think about this tie/jacket combination? Too close in color?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                          I'm about to head out to my office holiday party. This is what it looks like when I bring the sartorial holiday ruckus:

Suit: RL Chaps (probably pretty crappy, but for $40 on eBay, it treats me right)
                          Shirt: Ratio
                          Tie: The Knottery
                          Watch/strap: omega/J Crew
                          Pocket square: Clapham
                          Shoes: AE
                          This is fun! I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                            Vicious, love the boots. Nice winter wonderland setup you have over there.

So, what do you all think about this tie/jacket combination? Too close in color?

I think it works well. There's plenty of difference in the pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by ocralph714 View Post
                              Hey, so I'm wondering, what jeans look better with my Stafford boots? Should I alter my JCP jeans similar to my AG?

JCp Jeans unaltered

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...06120341PM.jpg AG jeans altered

Was the shooes here?
                              ID please.
                              Much thanks in advance.

Comment

BB, jacket tie look good together.

Shomas, I like the suit, especially the pattern. Cuffed trousers would look great with that suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X