Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

51° and drizzly here tonight. Quilted jacket gets a run.

Massimo Dutti
    JCrew
    Levis
    AE
    Tissot

Comment

This is me today:

Suit: J Crew Factory
      Shirt: Ratio
      Tie: J Crew Factory
      Tie bar and pocket square: The Tie Bar
      Shoes: AE
      Watch: Timex

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        This is me today:

Suit: J Crew Factory
        Shirt: Ratio
        Tie: J Crew Factory
        Tie bar and pocket square: The Tie Bar
        Shoes: AE
        Watch: Timex
        The beard! It's back? Awesssomee

Comment

Thanks, LCDR. JCrew Ludlow fits me perfectly otr. I'm a bigger guy so I suppose the Ludlow fits a bit baggy on many of you.

Love the beard, Shomas. And that's a damn nice Timex.

EricF, I like the jacket. Maybe sometime down the road I'll look into a quilted jacket like that.

Lots of brown with a bit of navy. Another rainy day, so the beater shoes come out again.

Camel hair jacket, thrifted
          Brooks Bros OCBD, eBayed
          Lands End tie, clearance (on the counter now, I think! I got it for about ten bucks)
          JCF cords
          Stafford Wingtips

Comment

Finally chilly here in Socal, a welcome change.

Title: Where's the cabin?
            Sweater: JCP
            Jeans: Gap
            Boots: Steven Alan x Thorogood

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Cross-post from the Friday Challenge.
              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Suit: Tallia Orange
                Shirt: JAB
                Tie: Black Brown 1826

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v1ovtv.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2s67w51.jpg

Comment

target Kensington, target navy check shirt.
                  br pants.
                  tie- wool tie from ebay
                  AE cliftons
                  bonobos shamus trench

Comment

Some good looks here! Shomas, looking sharp as always, and MarkB, that's a great everyday winter look. mr. mr. how do you like the Shamus trench? I just dropped mine off at the tailor to get nipped in the waist a bit (the small was too slim, and though I could fit a jacket under it, it was kind of preposterous - the medium unfortunately didn't have much shape to it so my tailor is bringing it in a bit). I wish it was half lined, the treated canvas catches on any jacket or item I wear underneath it, but otherwise I'm pretty happy!

Comment

first day wearing it... got it for 110 I think.

yes, it does catch on the jacket and that's annoying, but thankfully a little tug here and there and it's good to go. fit is great - small is almost perfect, maybe a little long in the arms but it's a rain coat so I don't think it's much of a problem.

Comment

Apologies for the crappy iPhone picture

Jacket: US-made Harris Tweed in brown/blue herringbone (One of three hand-me-downs that my Dad bought in the 80's that he gave me. Just got them tailored. A little conservative in length and lapel width but awesome nonetheless.)
                        Sweater: JCF
                        Tie: US-made J. Crew in grey herringbone wool
                        Shirt: blue Polo OCBD
                        Belt: Saddleback
                        Jeans: Gustin Heavy American in Slim
                        Boots: Katahdin Iron Works Engineers by LL Bean x Chippewa (haha)

Comment

Jacket seems a little long on you, Doc. Is the sweater also a little big? Might just be the angle of the shot.

Recommend tightening up that knot, too. Not just bringing it to the collar but an overall tightening so the knot is narrower and more defined.

Comment

Hey, so I'm wondering, what jeans look better with my Stafford boots? Should I alter my JCP jeans similar to my AG?

JCp Jeans unaltered

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...06120341PM.jpg AG jeans altered

Comment

Snake, I think the jacket length is still in the acceptable range. It should look all right, as long as you like it, and if you are not too short for it (<5'7'').

Comment

Crosspost from this weeks challenge. Haven't been posting much in here lately since I was laid up for a week, had a cast on for 2 weeks, was out of town for a week, and just got back a few days ago. Even now, I can't wear most of my shoes since the foot is swollen and I have to wear an ankle brace on it so I don't feel right posting with mainly sneakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X