Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@BenR - Everything you wear is what I wish I could pull off. I've yet to see you post something that doesn't make me think, "damn! Why didn't I think of that?"

@greg_s - That's a great look! The pants are a little bold for me, but I'm a big fan of that vest.

Comment

Thanks, Alan. I'm really happy with it. One of those things that just clicks after many failures!

Here's today:

Jacket - Target Merona Kensington blazer in Khaki this time

Shirt - GAP Fitted (purchased many years ago in Houston on a crash and burn date weekend with my internet girlfriend). It's a medium which gives me the right sleeve length, but it's big in the neck and body. Perfect like this, though.

Pants - Dockers Alpha khaki in teal this time

Boots - Bass Chelsea boots

Same as before - it's an incredibly inexpensive combo. I'm just seriously annoyed by the boots. The mouth is so wide with a tab that keeps the pants bunching up every time I sit then stand. One of these days, I'll buy a dark brown shoe or boot besides the $27 Endless specials the Bass boots were.

Comment

@BenR that watch is beautiful, my dad has the same model so I lucked out and got to wear it a couple of days when I was home for break from school while he went to work haha

@Nick Those red dockers seemed a little loud when I saw them in store, but I like how you paired it with the navy blazer, that seems like it's a really sharp combo

Comment

@Nicholas, I like that Gap shirt. My one suggestion would be to slim the Target blazer sleeves a bit.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@nicholas I know what you mean about the Bass boots riding the pants up. But, try not caring for a day and it's not as bad as it seems. My problem is they still aren't broken in enough but I like the color, shape, and best of all the price.

Sidenote, did yours smell like a mix of gasoline and old cigarettes when you got them? I got them brand new off of amazon but what I'm guessing was the rubber soles stunk. Let them sit outside for a day or two and it went away, but just curious.

Comment

@nicholas I know what you mean about the Bass boots riding the pants up. But, try not caring for a day and it's not as bad as it seems. My problem is they still aren't broken in enough but I like the color, shape, and best of all the price.

Sidenote, did yours smell like a mix of gasoline and old cigarettes when you got them? I got them brand new off of amazon but what I'm guessing was the rubber soles stunk. Let them sit outside for a day or two and it went away, but just curious.

Comment

Yeah, I should try ignoring it, but I can't seem to... I could've sized down, but the mouth of the boot is made for a set of cankles, not my chicken legs.

Thanks guys. I spoke with the tailor about altering the Merona jacket, but he said it would be expensive and not very different. He could slim the torso, the sleeves, etc (which I would love!), but for an unstructured blazer, you can get away with a more loose fit, I think. The navy is much more forgiving. The khaki shows the flaws and the creases pretty loudly. Oh well... It's more than good enough for me. I think it's nice to have something brighter than navy for once.

Comment

I knew that was the Merona blazer from a mile away. Sorry, but it really is an awful piece of clothing.

I do like the outfit, though.

Comment

The blazer looks a bit big in the shoulders. Nice outfit overall.

Comment

The Merona blazer is featured in the most recent issue of GQ, they must have someone spying on Dappered

Comment

Well yesterday I finally found a pink tie that I like. I can't make myself pay full price for ties, and it seems like most pink clearance ties are usually some pukey, salmony color.

So today, I figured I'd introduce him (the tie is a "him") to the rest of the staff. He got to meet some of my other super-stars: my trimmest shirt, my best blazer, and my nicest shoes. The result:

I've got the day off from work except for one meeting at 2pm. I'm dressing up for that, but afterwards, I'll ditch the jacket, roll the sleeves, and don the boat shoes (and maybe roll the pants sleeves... haven't decided):

Shirt: English Laundry - sky blue/ white

Tie: Brooks Brothers - pink w/ sky blue flowers ($12 at Marshalls)

Jacket: Hickey Freeman blazer - blue w/ black micro diamonds (thrifted)

Pants: Lands End Canvas - khaki

Dress Shoes: Poules, Skone, & Co wingtips

Casual Shoes: Sperry Top Sider Gold Cup 2-Eyelet Boat Shoes (aka the Town Cars)

Socks: Merona argyle

Yes, Nick, the tie just barely seems to reach the belt. I promise it's longer when I'm not contorting to take a pic. ;-)

Comment

Nicely done Alan! I love the blazer and the tie. Still looking for nice pink and buff ties myself.

Comment

Thanks! I'm really pleased with this combo. :-) I'm pretty sure spring is here (at least where I am), and there's no looking back!

Comment

@alan, That is a nice job on a Trad outfit, tie is killing it, Might have to steal this look...BTW is that your bathroom, its freaking amazingly awesome! is that a Marble tub? Geez, when i grow up i want to be like you!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                              I>0<I

Comment

Thought I would give this forum a shot and post for the first time. Hope the images come through!

Suit: Bonobos in dark navy blue, functional button cuffs accented with red thread and tailored ticket pocket

Shirt: Dio Veritas custom fit, monogram chest, french cuffs lined, inner white lining on collar and sleeves

Tie: Modern Amusement

Pocket Squares: White with red tip and white with blue tip from tiebar.com

Cufflinks: blue and red knots from eBay

Watch: Lacoste with red and white strap

Bag: Coach

Shoes: Antonio Maurizi

Socks: J.Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X