This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    Alan's a father? Break out the champagne! Congratulations, Alan!
    I'm a proud pet parent. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
      The fit I have similar issues with bigger thighs/posterior and not being able to find a good fitting pair of slim fit jeans; I can only sympathize
      Same here...I still incorporate sprints into my workout routine which only serves to enhance the thigh/glute thickness that makes modern jean shopping pretty difficult. The other issue is that, in the occasion I can find slim jeans that I can wear I look like peg legs because of the taper of my legs. As "out of style" as they are, I find that bootcut jeans complement my physique and balance out my legs much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbreaker View Post
        Same here...I still incorporate sprints into my workout routine which only serves to enhance the thigh/glute thickness that makes modern jean shopping pretty difficult. The other issue is that, in the occasion I can find slim jeans that I can wear I look like peg legs because of the taper of my legs. As "out of style" as they are, I find that bootcut jeans complement my physique and balance out my legs much better.
        Have the same issues thanks to my former athleticism (some now, but a lot less than it used to be) and bigger build generally. I've found Bonobos jeans to be pretty great (straight leg, has plenty of room through the entire cut), but if you're really huge in the quads they may still be somewhat tight.

Comment

501s don't work for you thunder-thigh gents?

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
            bruschetta, I love your dog. I've never seen a merle collie before, but he/she is beautiful.
            Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
            Haha! Love it.
            Thanks guys. He's my little buddy.

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            Collie or Sheltie? Tough to tell from that angle... Beauty though, and rockin' the Thundershirt!
            He's a giant of a sheltie. Extra points for recognizing the thundershirt!

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            So this isn't so much WIWT, but the poor thing does routinely get involuntarily recruited to play dress-up. She's a good sport about it:
            Jamie, Beautiful dog! Welcome to the elite Dappered Sheepdog Owners club.

Comment

This thread now for dog photos only. Sorry.

BEHOLD Luka the Destroyer

20130617 - Alameda-111.jpg by PeterDSims, on Flickr

Comment

Suited up for a big hearing in federal court today...

And since we're showing dogs...

Family dog

Co-worker's dog/office mascot.
                Ben

Comment

AHHH!!! All the fuzzies! I can't handle it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Suited up for a big hearing in federal court today...
                    Uh oh. What'd ya do?

Comment

Can I get in on the dog photos? He's actually out getting a haircut right this moment.

Comment

My wonderful wife got me this jacket (to mark several occasions, including my birthday) on sale recently. As Joe said, it's very thick, but I don't think it's all that stiff. I love it because it feels damn indestructible, and it keeps me warm without an overcoat. YMMV, but from the moment I put it on, it became my favorite jacket.

JC English Wool
                        Brooks Bros OCBD (thrift)
                        JC cords (clearance)
                        Tie bar Tie (terribly thin!)
                        AE Elgin (from the Beren heist)

Comment

BB, Wow, great outfit. I like the colors, everything goes well together. The fit on the jacket and trousers looks perfect. Great mixing of textures/fabrics, which makes up for the lack of patterns. The solid colors work well in this case. The Tie looks fine to me, you could also do a silk knit tie in solid navy or grey.

Comment

Thanks, LCDR. I think those cords along with a tweed jacket and knit tie are pretty much my fall/winter uniform... and I suppose I do like simple solid colors much of the time. But you're right -- if I had simple beige chinos or something it might look a bit too plain.
                            Last edited by BB; November 12, 2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                              YMMV, but from the moment I put it on, it became my favorite jacket.
                              I tried it on in store and really loved it too, fit was fantastic and the material is nice and substantial. Holding out for the holiday sales though. I hope I can still grab one in my size by then...

Comment

Been a long time since I have posted, but got a few new goodies these past 4 months to show off:

Jacket: Custom Italian, made in Florence
                                Jeans: Levis 514
                                Shoes: Chippewa for JCrew Homestead Cap-toe boot, perfect fit off of ebay

Comment

Working...
                                X