Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine from yesterday. Got my Gustin Japan Classic back from the tailor. No need to cuff anymore.

sweater - Target
    pants - Gustin
    shoes - Peal&Co
    watch - Orient
    jacket - Nordstroms (I believe the brand is Kane and Unke or something close to that)

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Mine from yesterday. Got my Gustin Japan Classic back from the tailor. No need to cuff anymore.

sweater - Target
      pants - Gustin
      shoes - Peal&Co
      watch - Orient
      jacket - Nordstroms (I believe the brand is Kane and Unke or something close to that)
      Jacket looks great!

Comment

Thanks. I noticed you just bought one somewhat similar to it. Here's a crosspost from the challenge thread on what I wore earlier in the week. It was too warm to wear a jacket on top, but added it in there in the last pic just to show more black for the challenge.

Comment

V, what's the jacket's material? I can't tell from the photos but it looks similar to a waxed cotton like British Millerain uses. This is my favorite jacket style--not sure what you'd call it, field jacket, etc. Including the J. Crew X British Millerain I just purchased, I have the J. Crew fatigue jacket and the shorter J. Crew military jacket (the quad).

Comment

Mine's not waxed at all and is actually pretty thin. I'd have to look at the label but I'm guessing it's cotton or some sort of blend.

Comment

WIWT

Thought I'd toss up some mid day WIWT since I never do. Selfie so it doesn't have the production value of most of yours.

Pretty typical day in the life of a corp atty. Mainly I wanted to give props to the Knottery on my tie today. Hadn't worn this one in ages and forgot what a nice knot it makes.

Suit - custom mid grey suit from CustomMen in NYC (terrible name but otherwise great)
              Shirt - Ratio light blue twill
              Tie - Knottery glen plaid

Not shown:
              Watch - maratec
              Shoes - Grenson black Bert (rolled seam captoes)

*Edit: apparently iPhone photos aren't the greatest...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitt_10 View Post

Shomas really nice simple fit there, well done...wish I was closer to a Uniqlo not sure how their sizes run
                Thanks! The fits tend to be on the slimmer side, with a few outliers thrown into the mix just to keep you guessing. This one is pretty close to perfect. I should also note that it's a three year old sweater that I picked up for something like $20. I don't wear it as much as some others because it's a crew neck and it's black, but not too shabby for a sweater from a brand that people deride as having poor quality. I've definitely gotten a great value out of that $20.

Comment

From earlier today:

The colors are off in the top pic - more accurate in the lower pics.

Suit: JCrew Ludlow nailhead wool (this is one that pops up in the sale section from time to time)
                  Shirt: CT non-iron
                  Tie: Vintage (Macy's Men's Store - I've had for probably close to 30 years...)
                  Watch: TAG
                  Shoes: Magnanni
                  PS: TTB

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                    From earlier today:

Suit: JCrew Ludlow nailhead wool (this is one that pops up in the sale section from time to time)
                    Love it, as usual.

Comment

Solid. Socks are little more flash for my taste but diggin the look.
                      Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                      From earlier today:

Comment

Saturday in the office:

Shirt: Pendleton
                        Jeans: Uniqlo
                        Shoes: Converse

Comment

Shomas, Do Uniqlo's jeans age well? Which fit are they?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            Shomas, Do Uniqlo's jeans age well? Which fit are they?
                            My couple of pairs have aged well (though I doubt they would satisfy denim heads). These are somewhere around 3 years old and still going strong. They're a slim fit something or other, but they change their designs enough that I doubt they are still for sale.

Comment

Shomas, Thanks. I've been putting off trying them because Uniqlo's return process is not very smooth here. Those look good on you.

Comment

Me today (this would also work for this week's challenge theme, I think):

Jacket: No name eBay score
                                Sweater: BR
                                Shirt: Bonobos
                                Pants: BR
                                Shoes: AE
                                Watch: Timex/Form Function Form
                                PS: J Crew Factory

[Edit: sorry for the enormous photo]

Comment

Working...
                                X