Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Jake & @BJ: I really like those combos, fellas - especially the colors schemes.
    @BJ: That is a steal on that jacket, man. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      Funny you should say that. Was meeting a client for coffee , so not really a "strict" dress code
      Well, then that should do the trick! Looks good.

Yeah it's jcrew ludlow - the tie is a tiebar tie
      Is that a half-windsor? I have a really hard time getting my knit ties from TTB to make a nice 4-in-hand or a double, so often go half-windsor. I assume its just the nature of their particular knit.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
        @GTI Slothkins: Welcome aboard! (still thinking of Eric's boating pic) - Any details on your gear there, man? That coat looks mighty warm. Is it? I like the color combo you have there too. Navy sweater + burgundy tie + British khaki chinos, right?
        Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. The coat is a sort of herringbone wool deal that I picked up randomly from a Kohl's clearance rack. It's pretty warm for this time of year, but I don't think it will be able to pull full winter duty.
        Looking for a new or used car in the Southern Wisconsin area? PM me and I'd be glad to help you out.

Comment

Me today:

Jacket: Bonobos (I think this thing is at least 80% responsible for my joy at the weather cooling off)
          Sweater: BR
          Shirt: JCF
          Pants: Bonobos
          Shoes: AE
          Pocket square: The Tie Bar
          Watch: Omega/J Crew strap

Comment

Here's WIWY...

Shirt: BR
            Tie: TB
            Sweater: JCF Slim Merino
            Jeans: Gustin Japan Classics
            Jacket: Kuhl
            Boots: AE Daltons

Comment

Cross posting fromt he Friday Challenge:

Jacket: Lands End - donegal
              Sweater Vest: Stafford - tan cotton
              Tie: Gitman Bros. 100% woo
              Shirt: Banana Republic (I think)

I can't show you anything below the waist. I don't want you to be jealous. (Take that as you will.) Seriously, though, I'm saving a special something for a particular occassion so i can't show it yet.

Comment

This probably could have been my Friday Challenge entry, but I kinda like my outfit yesterday more.

Jacket: BR tweed
                Sweater: JCF merino
                Shirt: JC OCBD
                Tie: JCF
                Jeans: Gustin Organics
                Shoes: AE Dalton
                Watch: TAG
                When I got to work I realized I forgot to put in my pocket square - oops!

Wife said "don't you look dapper today!"

Comment

@Jamie: I like it! But I do agree that yesterday's FC entry was more appropriate. I always look at jackets and shoes first. Very nice on both.
                  Last edited by alan; October 25, 2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                    Cross posting fromt he Friday Challenge:

Jacket: Lands End - donegal
                    Sweater Vest: Stafford - tan cotton
                    Tie: Gitman Bros. 100% woo
                    Shirt: Banana Republic (I think)

I can't show you anything below the waist. I don't want you to be jealous. (Take that as you will.) Seriously, though, I'm saving a special something for a particular occassion so i can't show it yet.
                    I'm guessing that you're saving it for your impassioned defense of wearing shorts with sportcoats, ties and wingtips. Either that or an article entitled "Codpieces Are the New Black."

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                      I'm guessing that you're saving it for your impassioned defense of wearing shorts with sportcoats, ties and wingtips. Either that or an article entitled "Codpieces Are the New Black."
                      Hah! Well I won't give it away but (a) it's much more mundane and (b) almost as unacceptable in many circles. I'm going to be racking up the converts, though. Just wait and see.

Comment

Here's today's variation on the norm:

Shirt: JCP
                        Sweater: Target
                        Tie: Thrifted
                        Pants: JCP I think?
                        Shoes: Camlins, though they're not shown.
                        Looking for a new or used car in the Southern Wisconsin area? PM me and I'd be glad to help you out.

Comment

Only problem I have with this outfit is that the button stance is wrong for my physique. I've been wearing the blazer open, but it doesn't work for WIWT shots.

Comment

id agree. that button stance is really high. is your top button unbuttoned on your collar? looks like it doesnt fit.
                            My cocktail videos >

Comment

Only problem I have with this outfit is that the button stance is wrong for my physique. I've been wearing the blazer open, but it doesn't work for WIWT shots.
                              It seems to me that perhaps the whole jacket is short. That would certainly explain the high button stance. Unless it's just a cropped jacket. then I have no explanation.

Comment

yup. Jacket is definitely short. I bought it in the beginning of my style game, but I love the style so much, until i can find a nice navy herringbone jacket that is a bit longer, I'm gonna stick with it. It tends to end up on my more casual outfits. Today was a bit of an oddity. as for the shirt, I was working at my desk for a long while this morning, and my rule of thumb is, once the button gets opened, I don't close it again unless I have a meeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X