This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric --

Just a guess, but you are on a boat to Catalina?

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
    I wear a lot of gingham.

Comment

I've been lurking in this thread and on the forum in general for a long time, and have been thinking about posting for a while, so here goes nothing.

Looking for a new or used car in the Southern Wisconsin area? PM me and I'd be glad to help you out.

Comment

@yoyo - No recent WIWTs? Hope you haven't been sporting the birthday suit to work.
        LOL - Negative on the workplace nudity; well except for the couple days a week I work from home, in which case all bets are off!

Sorry for my lack of participation lately, visually at least. Just haven't had much opportunity to snap pics, picstitch them, and then upload. My only real recent photo was my Tigers/RedSox playoff game shot, and that was (1) not very good photographically speaking - tough to take a selfie in the stands - doh!, and (2) unedited/sized so as to be MASSIVE in the post - Oops! Regardless, I'll try to be more diligent and get back into the fray.

So, anyway...

@Eric: What blazer/SC is that in your boating pic there? I know it's not a fully visible shot, but from what I can see it fits you nails! If you say Merona Kensington I just may punch my screen. You have GREAT fits all the time, but that one really takes the cake, man. Nice job!

@GTI Slothkins: Welcome aboard! (still thinking of Eric's boating pic) - Any details on your gear there, man? That coat looks mighty warm. Is it? I like the color combo you have there too. Navy sweater + burgundy tie + British khaki chinos, right?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliProf View Post
          Just a guess, but you are on a boat to Catalina?
          Hah. Hard to resist posting a Step Bros reference (F---ing Catalina Wine Mixer). Not headed to Catalina, unfortunately; I'm a bit north of that area anyway. Just a little tool up and down the coast for some sunset views.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
            @Eric: What blazer/SC is that in your boating pic there? If you say Merona Kensington I just may punch my screen.
            Commence screen punching. Unfortunately, I've had hit or miss luck trying to replace this cheap-o navy blazer. I'm right between a 38R and a 40R typically and this had made life pretty difficult. Tried the BR Birdseye, JCF Thompson, and the Ludlow, but they typically end up in one of two camps: 1) a half inch too narrow in the shoulders, which pulls at the lapels, and 2) a half inch too large in the shoulders with enough extra material through the chest to sew a kite. The Napoli I recently picked up is the first OTR fit that hits the middle ground.

I'm in the process of building a relationship with my tailor so I might send a jacket his way soon to see what he can do - it's been a learning experience for me just getting used to explaining precisely what I need/want him to alter.

Comment

Commence screen punching.
              Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Hey man, nothing wrong with the Kensington if it fits you like *that*. Jeez! I had a hunch - thought you and I may have had that conversation before. I still have the navy Kensington, but have stopped wearing it in favor of a very similar one I got late this Summer from the GAP. I was always between a M and L in the Merona one, and this GAP one fits me so much better. That said, the Merona looks great on you, so no need to change that anytime soon - at least as far as an unstructured, unlined, cotton SC/blazer goes. Nice pic and nice look al the way 'round, bud!

Comment

This one is from yesterday. Wife wanted to go for a walk so I decided to go with the NB 574's that I picked up for $25. I must say they're pretty comfy shoes. Don't really go with the outfit, but comfy.

shirt - LE
                jeans - Gustin
                shoes - NB

Comment

Today's WIWT. With all this talk about having a 'uniform', I'm thinking mine would be an OCBD or solid shirt with chinos/jeans/etc. I went untucked today because these jeans are too tight at the moment for me to be tucking anything in to them.

shirt - Uniqlo
                  jeans - Gustin
                  shoes - Loake

Comment

J-crew cardigan

Target Merona Shirt

Clark Bushacres

Comment

Well Im back after forever of no WIWT posts. x-post for friday challenge.

Jacket- JCF (sleeves arent as short as they look)
                      Shirt- Gap
                      Tie- Tommy hilfliger
                      cords- BR

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2e5965b7.jpg
                      http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/...psfb913c19.jpg

Comment

WIWT

Cross post from Friday Challenge thread:

Jacket: Frank&Oak (yes, that's corduroy)
                        Shirt: J Crew Factory
                        Sweater: BR
                        Pants: BR
                        Shoes: AE
                        Watch: Timex/Form Function Form
                        PS: The Knottery (I think)

Comment

Been a while but I was relaxing in sweats mostly for the past couple weeks due to the furloughs but fit for today:

No idea why it keeps staying sideways haha

Shirt- BB ESF
                          Tie- JCrew Factory
                          Cardigan- Rag&Bone x Target from last year
                          Pants-BR
                          Shoes- DSW Mercanti (have become my beater shoes more recently)

Comment

Like the look alot Shomas.

Comment

Cross-post from Friday Challenge

Peacoat/Cords: Gap outlet
                              Shirt: JCF
                              Shoes: Clark's
                              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Dreary day today.

Comment

Working...