This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyinghippo View Post
    How did you make that dimple on your tie so deep? any tips? Thx.
    usually it just depends on the tie, and how malleable the outer layer is. I have ties from the tiebar that have a dimple with similar "deepness"

Comment

Tried tassel loafers tonight for the first time. The grey Nordstrom "Slaters" that Joe recommended back at the beginning of summer are 50% off and I managed to snag a pair in my size. I still think they give off a bit of the old man vibe. I've also done this color palette before, so excuse the repetition, but it's been one of my go to combinations for late night get togethers where I'll be spending plenty of time outside.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghippo View Post
        How did you make that dimple on your tie so deep? any tips? Thx.
        Put a finger on the place where the tie comes out the bottom of the knot. When you pull the tie to tighten it, and you squeeze the knot a bit, push on the tie as it comes out the bottom of the knot. As it tightens up, it will form a dimple. I don't always get it to do that -- sometimes ties just don't want to, or the knot isn't shaped right.

Comment

Eric F, I like the tassel loafers. Don't own any myself, because I think they look best on slim folks. I think I'd really look like an old guy in them.

Comment

It's easier to get a good dimple with a slightly nicer quality tie. This is a LE knit, which is great. And currently some colors are on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post

It's easier to get a good dimple with a slightly nicer quality tie. This is a LE knit, which is great. And currently some colors are on sale.
              Looks good, BB. I especially like that tie. Also, with respect to the dimple, I find that different knots affect a tie's dimpling in different ways. I get the best dimples with a nicky knot.

Comment

This is me today:

Jacket: J Crew Factory
                Shirt: J Crew Factory
                Pants: J Crew Factory (wow, I didn't even know I'd done that until I started typing this out)
                Shoes: AE

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  This is me today:

Shirt: J Crew Factory
                  Pants: J Crew Factory (wow, I didn't even know I'd done that until I started typing this out)
                  Shoes: AE
                  Funny, I wore almost the exact same outfit yesterday except I had on a gray JCF cotton sweater vest on under a LE linen herringbone jacket. Nice look!

Comment

Eric, the tassel loafers look great on you, man. I've tried a few variations of them, found at Nordstrom Rack (the ones you have there, another Nordy similar one in grey suede too, and some TBNY wine/burgundy leather ones as well. I love the look of all of them, but they just didn't seem to work well with my feet. Had to take a pass. Wear yours well!

Comment

Loving the texture on those pants, Shomas. Navy wool Bedfords, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        This is me today:

Is that the most recent tweed herringbone they've put out?

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          Is that the most recent tweed herringbone they've put out?
                          I have the exact same jacket, only its the Ludlow linen blazer in khaki/black. Don't think any of the JCF tweeds/wools are that light in color.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                            Loving the texture on those pants, Shomas. Navy wool Bedfords, right?
                            I think that's right. I picked them up a while ago, so I can't remember for certain, but I think that's what they are. These pants fit me better than any other J Crew or JCF pants. I really like them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                              Put a finger on the place where the tie comes out the bottom of the knot. When you pull the tie to tighten it, and you squeeze the knot a bit, push on the tie as it comes out the bottom of the knot. As it tightens up, it will form a dimple. I don't always get it to do that -- sometimes ties just don't want to, or the knot isn't shaped right.
                              great, thanks BB. I youtubed a few videos and learned the same technique you outlined there. It really made a big difference.

Comment

Casual.

Comment

Working...
                                X