Clear All

Gingham. Last night and this afternoon.

Comment

Title: The Blue Period
      Shirt: Brooks Brothers
      Pants: Gap
      Shoes: Cole Haan

WELL YOU LOOK LIKE A BLUEBERRY! - Veronica Corningstone

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Holy large pic....

Comment

Simple and clean. Looks good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
            Giving the bowtie a whirl today.
            Digging this getup, where did you get that bowtie?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson View Post
              Digging this getup, where did you get that bowtie?
              The tiebar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                The tiebar.
                Hey - would you mind linking? I always get lost on the site, and can't tell the difference between the wool, cotton, etc. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dapperedcpa View Post
                  Hey - would you mind linking? I always get lost on the site, and can't tell the difference between the wool, cotton, etc. Thanks!
                  Guess mine was discontinued, can't find the herringbone, but this is similar. http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page_...ptionValueIds=

Comment

Haven't done a WIWT in a while... trying out a couple new things. Got the pants ($12) and shirt ($8) at the Gap Outlet yesterday.
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                      Simple and clean. Looks good man.
                      Thank you good sir! Tempering the bright color with basics is key in my opinion.

Comment

My last grasp at sockless summer...

Shirt = AE (I haven't been able to kick the white t-shirt habit just yet)
                        Pants = JCrew
                        Belt = H&M
                        Shoes = Bass

It was a bit too cool out for this today.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                          Gingham. Last night and this afternoon.

What is the jacket you are wearing in the right photo? I've been trying to find a light weight jacket that is slim fitting, with relatively little success so far. It looks like the one you have is spot on for what I'm looking for.

Comment

Marshall - I picked it up at JCF at the end of spring. Unfortunately it doesn't look to be on the website anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                              Marshall - I picked it up at JCF at the end of spring. Unfortunately it doesn't look to be on the website anymore.
                              I have that jacket too, and I love it. I recognized it right away when I saw these pics. Great looks, BTW, Eric.

Regarding the jacket: Nice broken-in feel from the get-go. It has become my go-to casual "cool"-weather jacket. I sized down in mine. I usually grab a L in jackets/coats, but tried on a M and it was perfect. Just FYI, in case you do find one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and last time I was the (JCF), I did not see it in stock either. They *did* have a grey, sorta more field-jacket kinda thing, that I thought about trying on; but I already have too many casual jackets. LOL

Also, I'm pretty sure that J.Crew (not the Factory) has a very similar one to the one in question (the one in Eric's pics); at least it seemed like I saw one last time I was there. It's likely twice the price, though. LOL Mayeb you can find it on sale there, or at least take advantage of the current 25% off (no limit) deal.

DOUBLE-EDIT: Here's one on JC's main store site (in the sale section), that might be the one I was thinking of:
                              http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/...~~~~/72390.jsp

Not sure, without seeing it in person, if it's close or not to the Factory one. But they usually seem to model a cheaper/factory version of their stuff off of a pricer item from the main store, right?
                              Last edited by yoyorobbo; September 18, 2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies gents, I suspected the jacket was out of production. The J Crew version looks pretty close, I just wish it didn't have the white lining on the zipper. I'll keep hunting, thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X