This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    Answering the age-old questions "are there any occassions on which BenR doesn't wear the cool belt buckle?"
    The full and complete answer to which is "Whenever he wears black shoes."

Though that answer may change if I get around to buying a black belt that will attach to the buckle.
    Ben

Comment

Awfully Autumnal out today. Translation: cords and boots. Yay!

Comment

Nice boots Robbo! Happy Friday!

Comment

Today's action (to quote Shomas)

I guess this could have been my "pop" of color submission as well.
          Shirt: Merona Tailored Fit
          Pants: BR
          Belt: GAP
          Shoes: Clark's
          Watch: Timex on Michael's strap
          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Work outfit from Thursday

Shirt: BR Stretch Slim Fit
            Tie: Ben Sherman
            Pants: BR Kentfield
            Shoes: Mercanti DSW

Comment

Comment

Found this Irish linen blazer from Brooks Bros on eBay for $10. I'll get it pressed into a 3/2, but other than that it was perfect.

LE tie
                JCrew shirt
                Hagar pants
                Frye James Wingtips (got them for $60 on 6pm)

Comment

The latest in French fashion today, called Le sharp object on ze auto.

So sleeves are rolled up to my biceps for today.

Now I HAVE to buy stuff.

Comment

** CAUTION ** - Possible NSFW near the end of this post. Nothing crazy, but I figured I probably should post a warning of sorts for those of y'all in stuffy... ahem... more professional type of workplaces. OK, game on!

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                    Nice boots Robbo! Happy Friday!
                    @faux: Hey thanks, man! Been anticipating wearing the ever-lovin' crap outta of these this Fall/Winter. Oh additionally... and also with you... well, Happy *Monday* that is, I guess; if that's even possible.

@Mark: Nice green pop, bud. You should've entered! Still dig that Michael's leather strap. I never see it whenever I check the couple local ones around here. Pretty cool (and cheap!) idea.

@Pitt: Nice greys, man. (they are all grey, right?) - How are you liking those Kentfields? Been meaning to try some on one of these times at the local BR(s).

@BB: Total steal on that jacket! I sometimes wonder on thrift-shop 3-button blazers/SCs if they would all work in a 3/2 roll kinda thing. Are they all capable of that conversion with a simple pressing? Or does it matter on the cut/stance/etc? My current favorite SC is the Birdseye BR one - which is a 3/2 - and I seem to prefer that one over two other BR SCs (taupe and grey-herringbone), both which are standard 2-button configurations. I think my GAP cotton unstructured blazer is a 3/2 too, now that I think about it. Maybe a 3/2 is better for me in most cases. Hmmnn...

Oh yeah, here's me today:

Cords again today; my fave pants-type. Love the 5-pocket fit and the softer-than-denim feel. Plus they just always make me think "Fall" - and I'm a *Fall Guy* at heart:

Also a Markie Post guy at heart (among other 'parts):

Last edited by yoyorobbo; September 9, 2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      Awfully Autumnal out today. Translation: cords and boots. Yay!
                      What boots are those?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        What boots are those?
                        Red Wing Heritage Beckman Chukka.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                          Red Wing Heritage Beckman Chukka.
                          I almost bought those last year, and ended up getting the full boot instead. How do you like them?

Comment

Robbo, I like 3/2 for some reason. I think your tailor or sometimes cleaners can do this. I have heard one can use a steamer to convert a 3 to a 3/2. Anyone do this?

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                              Robbo, I like 3/2 for some reason. I think your tailor or sometimes cleaners can do this. I have heard one can use a steamer to convert a 3 to a 3/2. Anyone do this?
                              I was under the impression that it could be done, so I recently asked my tailor if he could do it to a linen suit jacket and he told me that he wouldn't. He didn't think it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                                I almost bought those last year, and ended up getting the full boot instead. How do you like them?
                                So far so GREAT! I haven't worn them much yet, having bought them in the Summer (too hot for big clunky work boots). As expected, they take a bit of breaking-in, but I think they are gonna serve me very well for the next half to three-quarters of the year.

My first choice probably would NOT have been this chukka version, as I really like the look of the full-laced standard Beckman boot, but I got such a great price on these I had to grab them right then - right there. Additionally, as with several other of my footwear options, I tend to have the "little-something-different-from-the-normal-choice" thing going on. What I mean is presently instead of black Park Aves, I wear black Vernons - instead of Clarks DBs, I wear J&M Runnells, etc. So this kinda fits that practice too, I guess. Still, I doubt I would've went the chukka route without the deal I got. I think I would've just went the standard lace-up boot version route.

In summary, I'd say like them quite a little bit. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X