X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Braggart!
    Polykleitos just modeled the Doryphoros after me. NBD.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
      Now it's my turn to make you feel better...

I'm 5'9", 250 lbs. 40 inch waist, 50 inch chest, 20 inch neck. Yeah, it's not easy finding clothes that fit, let alone ones that don't need tailoring.
      And here I always think of your avatar when I read your posts.

Alllllllllll gooooood, Sig. We're all beautiful in God's eyes. Plus it'd be boring as all getout if we all looked the same, right?

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
        Amazing how different this all is for different people. I've had to work my butt off to get UP to where I'm at.
        Ditto, I had quite the fight to go from 150 to 210, cutting 35lbs off was much much easier. At least now I think my body is more trained to stay around 185.

Comment

What helps me is that I still play quite a bit of soccer and basketball, and I try to sneak in some resistance/lift training in between.
          Otherwise I would gain weight very quick with the way I eat.

Comment

This is late but thanks for the compliment Yoyorobbo, I'm still fresh out of undergrad and the guys in here as well as Joe with the main site have really helped me out a lot with how to put outfits together, I still want to add some blazers and stuff once it gets cooler but I definitely use a lot of looks posted here for ideas you guys all really nail your daily fits whether its casual or business wear

Comment

I'm 5'10" 180lbs, pretty muscular, so I stay FAIRLY lean, however my diet could use some work. My biggest vice is alcohol, which seemed to creep up once we had kids. It's funny, but it feels so good to pop a top or drink some wine after we get the kids to bed! A few hundred extra empty calories a day creep up big time (especially at the age of 38)! The biggest problem I have with fits is in my neck (it's around 17") and thighs (I do a lot of sprinting). Also, I have somewhat mild case of pectus-carinatum (where your sternum bulges out) which I can be very self-conscious about, so thicker/stiffer shirts tend to "tent out" on me, so I am VERY selective about getting slim fit shirts that are also very soft.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                Let me make all you guys instantly feel much better about yourselves: I'm 6ft3, 225lbs.
                Seconding this nearly exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbreaker View Post
                  I'm 5'10" 180lbs, pretty muscular, so I stay FAIRLY lean, however my diet could use some work. My biggest vice is alcohol, which seemed to creep up once we had kids. It's funny, but it feels so good to pop a top or drink some wine after we get the kids to bed! A few hundred extra empty calories a day creep up big time (especially at the age of 38)! The biggest problem I have with fits is in my neck (it's around 17") and thighs (I do a lot of sprinting). Also, I have somewhat mild case of pectus-carinatum (where your sternum bulges out) which I can be very self-conscious about, so thicker/stiffer shirts tend to "tent out" on me, so I am VERY selective about getting slim fit shirts that are also very soft.
                  I'm right there with you minus some muscles, the sprinting and the pectus carinatum. Which is to say I too am 5'10" 180ish and my kids make me drink.

Comment

chiming in...I've always felt I was 'broader' then most, a very heavy 6'0 225lbs....recently i started eating healthy, cut alcohol, with an occasional exercise, and now im down to 195lbs...goal is 190 - but all my clothes are starting to not fit! oh noes

Comment

Not to be the jerk of the group....but I have an extremely hard time gaining weight. I'm 5'8 at 133lbs....for the past 8 weeks I've been trying to gain a bit of weight (taking in about 3500 calories a day) but to no avail. Guess it's probably more of a blessing, but I find it a pain when even the smallest of shirts need to be tailored because the swallow me whole.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                        We should make an exercise and diet thread for people who aren't living Greek statues of virility. I don't know how much I weigh these days, but I'm at the 5'10" mark and somewhere in the 160lbs range. I've been exercising and dieting for months to get to this point.
                        Done, check it out and post up what you're working on. This is meant to be a thread to support goals and answer questions. Based on the last thread on exercise there's a large knowledge base in Dappered posters.

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...705#post128705

Comment

Cross posting from the Friday challenge thread:

Jacket: BR
                          Pants: J Crew Factory
                          Shoes: AE
                          Tie: The Knottery
                          Pocket square: the Tie Bar
                          Watch: Timex/Form Function Form strap

Comment

Also cross post
                            Last edited by Jake101; August 30, 2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

X-post:

Cargo pants (the horror!) - Gap
                              Henley - Club Monaco
                              Cardigan - Gap
                              Boots: Cole Haan
                              Misc: Watch by Tissot, bracelet by Miansai

Comment

Is that the GAP shawl cardigan that's currently on their site?

Comment

Working...
                                X