Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching HIMYM last night, and realized I have the same shirt that Ted was wearing. So I decided to wear that shirt today. No matching red cowboy boots though, unfortunately.

Shirt and jacket: J. Crew
    Pants: LEC
    Shoes: Cole Haan

Comment

Very nice fit on that shirt yoyo; I like the watch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
        @sierra, both of my ankles look like that every minute of every day. I'm taking that is not a good thing then, eh? Anyway, the shoes there seem maybe a touch too non-casual for shorts/sockless, for *me*, *personally*. That being said *you* look to be pulling it off just fine, so why not, right? Regardless, nice simple casual outfit.
        Fully agreed, nice boat shoes/loafers would fit much better.

Comment

All introspective and stuff...

Pants:JCrew
          Shirt: BR

Comment

@Brushcetta and Mcadamsandwich thanks fellas!

The Mercanti shoes are actually pretty comfortable for what they are...mine are probably a half size too big (went with my Nike sneaker size instead of dress shoe sizing) but other than that they're pretty solid.

YoYoRobbo and Sierra.Alpha those are really great casual fits guys!....Sierra is that BR shirt a slim fit one? Seems like it fits really well for a casual button down

@Fauxshow haha nice fit man! Those shoes look sweet...dark brown suede it looks like
            Last edited by Pitt_10; August 28, 2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
              Very nice fit on that shirt yoyo; I like the watch as well.
              Thank you sir. It's a new shirt; just got it a couple days ago. I really needed... Ok, *wanted* a blue gingham, especially after the gingham style challenge. Found it on the sale rack at the Gap. Boom!

RE the Rotary watch: I tend to wear this one in stretches. Once in a while I grow tired of the shininess on the bezel/body, and give it a break. All in all, I like it. It's a complete rip of the Breitling Navitimer (well, visually, at least - haha), but I still dig it as a very affordable homage. Again, thanks!

Comment

@Pitt_10, It is Banana Republic Soft Wash Tailored Slim Fit, something finally nice and tailored from BR, their "slim fit" is anything but.
                Thank you for the compliments!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitt_10 View Post
                  YoYoRobbo and Sierra.Alpha those are really great casual fits guys!....Sierra is that Jcrew shirt a slim fit one? Seems like it fits really well for a casual button down
                  Thanks Pitt! But I will say sierra's fit kills mine. I'm thinking that shirt has to be tailored though, right? Never seen a stock BR shirt that slim before. Looks great!

BTW Pitt, your looks always showcase great dressier getups. I'm fairly glad that my workplace is casual, as I would have a hard time swinging those nicer getups day in and day out. You do it very, very well, man.

Comment

Errrr, oops! Guess I was busy typing while sierra answered the shirt question. Thanks for the info, sierra. I like BR shirts a lot, but yeah many of them are not slim no matter what they say. LOL - I'll have to check one if those out next time in-store.

Also, any deets on those J.Crew pants (chinos)? I'm going to look for a couple pair of nicer quality ones to replace a few of mine that no longer fit very well any more. I like the fit of those you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      Errrr, oops! Guess I was busy typing while sierra answered the shirt question. Thanks for the info, sierra. I like BR shirts a lot, but yeah many of them are not slim no matter what they say. LOL - I'll have to check one if those out next time in-store.

Also, any deets on those J.Crew pants (chinos)? I'm going to look for a couple pair of nicer quality ones to replace a few of mine that no longer fit very well any more. I like the fit of those you have there.
                      Since you asked so nicely :-)

The chinos in picture are JCrew's 484's, their most narrow and tapered fit, and my version of "man tights" . They are very narrow below the knees, and you do have to peel them off when you take them off, but once they are on, they are my favorite pair of chinos and jeans (I have both).
                      On the other spectrum, my favorite beater chinos are Express Photographer SKINNY fit, not the regular Photographer they have in stores (maybe in flagship?). There is difference in taper below the knew between regular and skinny Photographer fit. I don't care what people say about Express quality, I have two of these and they both have been washed TONS of times, and they held better then some the chinos 3 times the price I used to have.
                      On the left- 484; on the right- Photographer Skinny

Comment

Looks cooler if I set it up! dees is what I'm wearing today

Comment

Before the WIWT thread, I thought that I was a slim guy with legs like a gazelle. Then guys like Acoustic, BenR, and sierra.alpha showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            Before the WIWT thread, I thought that I was a slim guy with legs like a gazelle. Then guys like Acoustic, BenR, and sierra.alpha showed up.
                            Ha, I thought I had thick legs. Turns out, I don't.

Comment

Relativity's a crazy concept, innit?

Gazelle legs, bruschetta? Really? [Google images loading...]

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                I see how it is. Don't make the gazelle leg list.
                                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X