This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
    6$ clearance at JCP, the old Wooster stuff. Happy to say I capitalized on his short tenure. The suit is navy from JCF, btw. Sorry about lighting.
    Ah gotcha -- yeah, I thought navy first (which I really like, btw, well done), but then couldn't figure out with lighting variance among the pictures. I'm jealous of the shirt pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
      Dont mind one bit- I am in Grand Rapids.
      Nice! My wife is a HS teacher and several of her students have in the past gone to (and are starting this Fall at) GVSU (pretty darn close to you, I think). Also we've passed through on our (sadly infrequent) trips to the Northwest side of the state. Anyway, always good to see some MI folks here on the threads.

Comment

Just another polo and pants day at work. It is not as hot as it used to be here in Michigan, but it is still really humid...
        My work wardrobe is pretty plain, polos/shirts with khakis, our policy is collared shirts and "appropriate business attire". Jeans and t-shirts are not allowed. Pants are actually blue/white gingham pattern, I showed it in one of the squares.

Polo: BR
        Pants: Polo by RL
        Shoes: BR
        I agree with everyone else - this looks great. I particularly like those pants. This also illustrates that a tucked-in polo can look very good - the shirt just has to fit well and the wearer should have done a pushup or two in the recent past.

Comment

@yoyorobbo
          Nice to see that MI is represented in the forum :-)
          "My" side of MI is pretty borning, although Grand Rapids is the biggest city on this side of MI, it is not very interesting. Also, although there are two nice size malls, there are not many fashin finds to be found, most of them I have to get online. It would be nice to have Somerset Collection closer than two hour ride, but atleast we have Nordstrom Rack, so it is not all bad.
          GVSU has several campuses here in area- it is good school, well respected in GR area.

Comment

Is that a tailored JCF jacket?

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            Oh lord, all this Pokemon talk makes me feel old. Anydamnway...

Did someone say "patterny?" Yeah, it's a little aggressive on the patterns, but I'm ok with it. Happy to field disagreements:

Jacket: JCF
            Shirt: Bonobos
            Pants: JCP
            Shoes: AE
            Tie: The Knottery
            Tie bar: TheTie Bar
            PS: Lands End Canvas
            Socks: JCF
            Briefcase: Saddleback

And welcome back, Acousticfoodie! Hope the travels were fun/interesting, even if not lucrative.

Comment

"My" side of MI is pretty borning, although Grand Rapids is the biggest city on this side of MI, it is not very interesting. Also, although there are two nice size malls, there are not many fashin finds to be found, most of them I have to get online. It would be nice to have Somerset Collection closer than two hour ride, but atleast we have Nordstrom Rack, so it is not all bad.
              Well, it might be boring there, but it's (usually) more beautiful land up your way. - I'm about 30 minutes from Somerset (closer when I'm at the work offices). In fact I was there yesterday. Stopped in J.Crew looking for the *old* (and cheaper) Ludlow wool blazer and the new longer pea coat, both which were mentioned by Joe a few days back on the main site - for part of their %25 off $150 deal. Neither were present. Buhhhh-mmerrrrr. But yeah , Somerset is a place in which a Dapperedite could easily get totally lost. Great collection of shops! Worth the weekend jaunt, whenever you decide to make it.

That being said, I'd say a good 25% of my current closet/wardrobe is from Nordy Rack, so not a bad option at all for you locally there either.

Comment

Originally posted by kdart View Post
                Is that a tailored JCF jacket?
                Love that blazer. I'm not, personally, feeling the shirt tie combo with the blazer, but i do like the color of the shirt with the blazer and maybe the tie with a white shirt, but again, personal tastes.
                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

@yoyorobbo
                  It would be nice to have Somerset Collection closer than two hour ride, but atleast we have Nordstrom Rack, so it is not all bad.
                  I live 4 miles from Somerset; I can go there three times in a week some weeks. Favorite hangout spot for my age group. I prefer Great Lakes Crossing though; Somerset is pricey, sale stock is not as strong, and no H&M.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                    I live 4 miles from Somerset; I can go there three times in a week some weeks. Favorite hangout spot for my age group. I prefer Great Lakes Crossing though; Somerset is pricey, sale stock is not as strong, and no H&M.
                    There's an H&M at Lakeside and Partridge Creek (although, the PC one is still only women's, I think).

And now I'll be on the look-out for those yellow pants walkin' and smooth-talkin' at GLC *and* Somerset. You're gonna freak when I call out "Hey Mikey!" LOL

Comment

Shouldn't he already be in Cali at college right now? I thought Mikey was going to Stanford?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        There's an H&M at Lakeside and Partridge Creek (although, the PC one is still only women's, I think).

And now I'll be on the look-out for those yellow pants walkin' and smooth-talkin' at GLC *and* Somerset. You're gonna freak when I call out "Hey Mikey!" LOL
                        PC is indeed women's only; PC in general is weak on shopping, strong on food.

Lakeside has far and away the best shopping in the area, if you ask me. It's not too far and there's a Marshall's and TJMaxx literally across the street. Also a thrift store a couple miles west. Good stuff.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Shouldn't he already be in Cali at college right now? I thought Mikey was going to Stanford?
                        We're on quarters. School year starts Sept 23rd for me! (Orientation about a week sooner)

Comment

Just some green pants I wore today:

Pants: Express
                          Shirt: BR

Comment

@sierra, all I have to say is welcome to the forums. Friday challenge, now two perfect WIWTs. Keep em
                            Coming .

On a different note, what do u guys say about bowties? I was messing around today, and I kinda like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                              @sierra, all I have to say is welcome to the forums. Friday challenge, now two perfect WIWTs. Keep em
                              Coming .

On a different note, what do u guys say about bowties? I was messing around today, and I kinda like it.
                              I like it. I think I'd like it more with a white shirt, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                                Love that blazer. I'm not, personally, feeling the shirt tie combo with the blazer, but i do like the color of the shirt with the blazer and maybe the tie with a white shirt, but again, personal tastes.
                                I actually agree with you, looking back on it. I'm a little light on white dress shirts, so I took a flyer on this getup. Turns out that the tie's a lot to put against a patterned shirt. Add in the herringbone of the jacket and it's a bit headache-inducing. And yes, it's the JCF linen sportcoat. I got an insane deal on it back on Memorial Day at a brick and mortar store we stopped at on the way back from a trip to the Catskills. That deal made the stop at the outlets (barely) worth it even in the face of Mecca pilgrimage level crowds and two very unhappy toddlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X